Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The average scientific literacy rates of MLPF

Arctic Night

Scientific literacy survey...  

152 users have voted

1. 1. How many questions did you answer correctly? (Link to quiz is provided.)

12/13, I only screwed up because I was caught between sugar dissolving and a nail rusting as an example of a chemical reaction. I remember school labs doing dissolving experiments extensively, so I picked that over my gut reaction reminding me of rusting being "oxidation". :derp:

Everyone told me I should be a scientist, but I have serious doubts about that now. The best or nothing.

12/13, I only screwed up because I was caught between sugar dissolving and a nail rusting as an example of a chemical reaction. I remember school labs doing dissolving experiments extensively, so I picked that over my gut reaction reminding me of rusting being "oxidation". :derp:

Everyone told me I should be a scientist, but I have serious doubts about that now. The best or nothing.

Well, it's actually quite easy because when sugar dissolves in water there is no change to the components and no new product is created, so it's a physical change/reaction.

A rusting nail is a chemical change/reaction because the oxygen in the air reacts with the iron and iron oxide is formed.

I don't remember the third option but I think it was a physical change too^^

• Brohoof 2