Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony as a Religion

jaime_lion

People have the right to believe in whatever as long as they don't go out hurting people for that.

And please, no extremism.

In this case, well I'd rather keep myself unaffiliated, but not an atheist here either.

It'll be really cool if I get to meet the ponies though. :333

Edited by Solid Scorpion

So I am curious is there any other "brony religion" ideas /websites out there that are more complete and less "christiany" than this? I really dont want to get into religious thought and such here, I am just looking for similar fan things like this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f86A7sBk-goviIXb2hdWBorP53daur2JZzoSHlinPd8/edit#

Thanks

Why not if Jedism can be a religion. Then why not make a church of Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

Personally. I think it's a very very bad idea. I'm not going to get into detail on why. I'd rather not step on toes or anything with my opinion.

I just don't think it'd be a good idea to make this an actual thing and not a joke.

We're not an organized group with similar believes, cultural systems or have similar world views. Being a brony therefore simply isn't a religion, ever. We have no texts, no songs, no history. We're just people watching a show, that's all there is to it.

So I am curious is there any other "brony religion" ideas /websites out there that are more complete and less "christiany" than this? I really dont want to get into religious thought and such here, I am just looking for similar fan things like this.

Thanks

Well, I worship Sithis so I can't say anything.

Edited by Jeric
Removed Quoted Link

• 2 weeks later...

I find this... amusing, and yet also disturbing, heh. I think cults are a bad thing in general, as I have dealt with quite a few of them for, well, "scientific reasons." I do however think that people can learn a lot from the morals the show provides, though religion likely isn't the best way to go about it.

As the OP and this discussion was predicated on a link and document that we had to remove, and honestly no real discussion is/has taken place regarding any Faith being established around the fandom, this conversation has run its natural course. 

At this time I'll be locking this thread. 

• Brohoof 2