Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most disturbing moment in the show?

RainbowMau

Basically everything having to do with Flutterbat! 

Not only was the curse inflicted upon Fluttershy at no fault of her own, but the transformation was not only physical, not only progressive, but it was also robbing her of her mind!

shocked_cmc_by_doublevtovka22-d4qi0p2.pn

That is messed up! And Fluttershy of all ponies did not deserve it!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Tirek's first appearance. I'm not even kidding, when I saw the spoiler the week before, I thought he straight up killed the unicorn by sucking his soul out. All we see is magic being siphoned from his horn, all while his eyes go white and his cutie mark vanishes before cutting just as he drops what he was carrying.Tell me I wasn't the only one who thought that the following scene would have been his lifeless husk of a body hitting the ground! 

Then there was Pinkie's discording. Did someone order instant Nightmare Fuel?

And real shit did get. Can you imagine if this wasn't a two parter, and Hasbro played this off for an entire week?

Two things would have occurred: 1) People would have progressively lost their minds with each passing day and 2) There would have been a sudden influx of Drag Me To Hell crossover pictures,

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

My vote for most disturbing scene in Friendship is Magic would be the scene from "For Whom the Sweetie Bell Toils" in which Luna sends Sweetie Belle directly into a series of visions that shows her what'll happen if she doesn't fix what she's done, then more or less ignores her when she clearly can't take it anymore.

It was cruel, twisted, vile, and great ****ing storytelling.

Edited by MilesTheLunar
  • Brohoof 3

I going with the whole Pinkamena thing from Party Of One, specifically the party scene. Maybe I'm just saying this because of everything it inspired, but that's really the only moment in the series that's disturbing to watch for me. :blink:

• Brohoof 2

I see ya'll picking Pinkamena and Flutterbat and all that, but the most disturbing moment of the series thus far is "Too Many Pinkie Pies." Which moment? All the moments. This entire episode is just amazingly unnerving within the context of MLP.

Instead of treating the swarm of Pinkie clones as a funny bunch of randomness, the episode portrays it as what it would that would actually be: creepy and destructive. And the idea of how depressing and frightening being the one who gets lost in this swarm and unable to get her friends to believe she's the real Pinkie isn't something the audience thinks about afterwards. It's the driving idea of the episode, and the second half is built around how much that would suck.

The ending is the worst part. Ignoring the fact that Twilight is destroying the Pinkie clones, the episode never makes it explicitly clear that the right Pinkie was the last one standing; there's no moment when it's completely confirmed that everything turned out alright. The characters and the audience have to have faith that Pinkie isn't a clone. The evidence points to Pinkie being real, but the idea that she may have been zapped into the pond after all lingers in your mind. Now that is disturbing.

Of course, I could say "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" was also a 22 minute disturb-o-thon, but for all the wrong reasons.

• Brohoof 6

I see ya'll picking Pinkamena and Flutterbat and all that, but the most disturbing moment of the series thus far is "Too Many Pinkie Pies."

Before I read your post I was wondering why nopony mentioned Too Many Pinkie Pies, because that is by far the creepiest thing. Seriously, Pinkamena is nothing compared to this episode.

Tirak killing you would be very bad, but what would "getting sent back to the pond" even be? That episode touched on something dark, something unknown.

• Brohoof 2

I see ya'll picking Pinkamena and Flutterbat and all that, but the most disturbing moment of the series thus far is "Too Many Pinkie Pies." Which moment? All the moments. This entire episode is just amazingly unnerving within the context of MLP.

Instead of treating the swarm of Pinkie clones as a funny bunch of randomness, the episode portrays it as what it would that would actually be: creepy and destructive. And the idea of how depressing and frightening being the one who gets lost in this swarm and unable to get her friends to believe she's the real Pinkie isn't something the audience thinks about afterwards. It's the driving idea of the episode, and the second half is built around how much that would suck.

The ending is the worst part. Ignoring the fact that Twilight is destroying the Pinkie clones, the episode never makes it explicitly clear that the right Pinkie was the last one standing; there's no moment when it's completely confirmed that everything turned out alright. The characters and the audience have to have faith that Pinkie isn't a clone. The evidence points to Pinkie being real, but the idea that she may have been zapped into the pond after all lingers in your mind. Now that is disturbing.

Of course, I could say "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" was also a 22 minute disturb-o-thon, but for all the wrong reasons.

It also says quite a bit about Pinkie's relationship with her friends when they can't tell her from the rest of her hyperactive, over the top clones. It also challenges our faith in Pinkie... it kinda redefined how everybody saw her, to be honest.

• Brohoof 2

img-2861206-1-Fluttershy_surrounded_by_e

in terms of single scene, yeah that.  That's about the closest single image scene I've found to be somewhat disturbing, so many eyes, but also because, I couldn't believe they got that past the radar. 

Everything else mentioned in this thread I have found to be either be funny or cool when it popped up.

I don't think I find it as that disturbing even when put into full context (though probably more disturbing than the average MLP:FIM episode when compared with), disturbing than average, yes.

- You have a point about the "is Twilight properly sending the clones back to the mirror pool or is she ?" that raised a lot of questions about that

- also placed emphasis on the very real nature of the consequences of Pinkie failing

- someone on youtube who tried to dispel all doubt that the real Pinkie wasn't sent back to the pool was during the ending of the episode, when she is having Spike writing up the friendship/life lesson report.  They tried to use this as evidence, suggesting that only the real Pinkie would remember having to do the friendship report and she also didn't stumble on pronouncing 'Princess Celestia'  It's not the greatest proof, but at the same time, the likelihood of the real Pinkie being sent back is unrealistically not going to happen (the show would never go in that direction ever).  And yes, I know about that video that addresses the other scenario, but the scenario still doesn't linger with me I guess, I just don't believe it possible to happen.

-also, orange frogs and orange birds, won't somepony think about the frogs and birds :o  (I jest)

-also, elaborate on the disturbing nature of "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" if you may please,

• Brohoof 2

Maybe you guys wiped it out of your memories because it was so traumatic, but...

Complete with disturbing visuals,disturbing music, and a cliffhanger.

...You know, for kids!

I remember this. This was exactly what was on my mind:

"WHAT?! Wait, is this My Little Pony, or a fan anima-- no, it's a REAL EPISODE!! Uhh, are the little girls really gonna handle TH-- HORY SHIEET DA FAAQ DID SHE DO TO TWILIGHT?! THAT MUSIC!!! WHAT, IT ENDED?!!!"

• Brohoof 2

Wow, I'm surprised no one's brought up the Tatzlewurm fight from "three's a crowd"

45.jpg

I mean...just look at it!!!

It was so unexpected...and my reaction was pretty much the same as twilight's and cadence's in this frame...

To me, that was one of the more disturbing/frightening moments in the show...simply based on asthetics.

• Brohoof 3

Wow, I'm surprised no one's brought up the Tatzlewurm fight from "three's a crowd"

img-2867479-1-45.jpg

I mean...just look at it!!!

It was so unexpected...and my reaction was pretty much the same as twilight's and cadence's in this frame...

To me, that was one of the more disturbing/frightening moments in the show...simply based on asthetics.

And also I'm surprised no one brought up Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon psychologically destroying Scootaloo in "Flight to the Finish".

Also, here are some moments I thought up of that could top everything mentioned (warning, this could take MLP:FIM off the air.):

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle learning that they're really Applejack and Rarity's daughters.  And the worst part?  A horny unicorn, at age 15, manipulated Applejack and Rarity when they were 12, leading to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle's births.

Score and Dumbell telling this to Fluttershy (back at flight camp):

Your life's worthless!  You wanna know why?  Because you can't fly.

You can take care of animals, but what's the point in that?  There are already Earth Ponies to do that for you.

I bet'cha that all Earth Ponies can do your job better then you can!

But you might as well make the best of your life, BY FEEDING YOURSELF TO AN URSA MAJOR!

Oh wait, I have a better idea!  Let's turn you into an Earth Pony....by tearing your wings off!

And they pull on Fluttershy's wings very hard.  Very, very hard.  And Fluttershy runs off crying and driven to suicide.

Diamond Tiara going Yandere and killing a pretty boy colt after he rejects her.

Diamond Tiara fears the CMC will steal her popularity and burns down Zecora's house to obtain the Alicorn Amulet and commission assassins.  But out of vanity, Diamond Tiara tries it on.  But Diamond Tiara proves too evil for the Alicorn Amulet and puts it through an evil overload.  It explodes and sends her flying back.  In mid-air, her Diamond Tiara's forehead and back squirt out blood and materialize into a horn and a pair of wings.  Diamond Tiara says this:

Cool!  I can do what I've always wanted!

(edited)

The Bats song in the episode "Bats!". Specifically, the part where Rarity joins in and every moment after. It's just so creepy to watch them circle around Fluttershy like that.

Edited by Kyuubi
  • Brohoof 1

This.

img-2861276-1-1369143307689.gif

And this.

img-2861276-2-tumblr_m6762l8fbl1rthxy9o1

This too.

img-2747553-1-tumblr_m3ahpeVWAD1rthxy9o1

There are many more but these moments are 'disturbing' 

And I Love It

img-2861276-4-pinkamena_diane_pie_by_lor

I usually found "Party Of One" darkly hilarious but I agree about that one shot in that first Pinkie Pie pic.

That Twilight one is really unnerving.

Saw the whole Tirek thing on Dailymotion....INTENSE!

• Brohoof 1

Broken link, can't see it. What's it supposed to be?

The scene in which Fluttershy is surrounded by floating, disembodied pony heads. This scene is in the episode, Filli Vanilli.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The scene in which Fluttershy is surrounded by floating, disembodied pony heads. This scene is in the episode, Filli Vanilli.

Oh that scene.  Funny, Fluttershy's fears seem to come up with the best imagery of disturbing and creepy.  From the eyes to the disembodied floating pony heads, recall any other moments with Fluttershy?

Edited by Troblems