Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most disturbing moment in the show?

RainbowMau

I actually found Tirek to be quite disturbing when he just absorbed the powers of ponies, something about that just kinda creeps me out... Idk.

There are other moments in the show that can be disturbing, like party of one, or a bunch of the episodes with breakdowns of the mane 6 in them, but I find Tirek to be one of the creepier ones.

Also the scene in "Hurricane Fluttershy" with all the eyes around Fluttershy, and the similar type of one in "Filli Vanilli" 

• Brohoof 2

I actually found Tirek to be quite disturbing when he just absorbed the powers of ponies, something about that just kinda creeps me out... Idk.

There are other moments in the show that can be disturbing, like party of one, or a bunch of the episodes with breakdowns of the mane 6 in them, but I find Tirek to be one of the creepier ones.

Also the scene in "Hurricane Fluttershy" with all the eyes around Fluttershy, and the similar type of one in "Filli Vanilli" 

I found the Cutie Pox quite disturbing as well.... This person describes what I mean perfectly....

http://starryoak.deviantart.com/art/Cutie-Pox-334333052

• Brohoof 1

The flasback about the youth of Pinkie Pie on the Rock Farm.
This was disturbing! Working al day lon in a grey, miserable, deserted and rocky land, without anything else. Just rocks. She had to work al day (as a child! childlabor!), pushing rocks around.  

If this would happen in real life, it would be front page news.  (unfortunately, child labor still exists...:( )

On top of that, she had to this type of work surrounded with a family who al seem to be completely depressed, they don't say a word and look miserable.

Even prisoners don't have to do this.

I thought the scene from Filli Vanilli where the curtain falls down and it shows Fluttershy singingbackstage and then she freaks out? (I think that's when it was. I know it was in Filli Vanilli and it was related to Fluttershy's stage fright, and it came out of no where and was kinda freaky)

36.png

Actually, pretty much any time the show that shows what it feels like to be scared for Fluttershy is usually pretty freaky (and rightfully so) I believe the other time was in Hurricane Fluttershy but again I don't know. She's feeling pressured about performing in front of others and become scared, and the screen fills with a bunch of eyes and fluttershy looking terrified, because they're making fun of her. (I think someone already posted a picture of this one)

Also, did anyone think the balloons Discord conjured up to screw with Pinkie were a little unsettling?

• Brohoof 4

Wow, I'm surprised no one's brought up the Tatzlewurm fight from "three's a crowd"

img-2867479-1-45.jpg

I mean...just look at it!!!

It was so unexpected...and my reaction was pretty much the same as twilight's and cadence's in this frame...

To me, that was one of the more disturbing/frightening moments in the show...simply based on asthetics.

I was cool with him even know he is a (little) disturbing to me he's not the worst...

I thought the scene from Filli Vanilli where the curtain falls down and it shows Fluttershy singingbackstage and then she freaks out? (I think that's when it was. I know it was in Filli Vanilli and it was related to Fluttershy's stage fright, and it came out of no where and was kinda freaky)

img-2870498-1-36.png

Actually, pretty much any time the show that shows what it feels like to be scared for Fluttershy is usually pretty freaky (and rightfully so) I believe the other time was in Hurricane Fluttershy but again I don't know. She's feeling pressured about performing in front of others and become scared, and the screen fills with a bunch of eyes and fluttershy looking terrified, because they're making fun of her. (I think someone already posted a picture of this one)

Also, did anyone think the balloons Discord conjured up to screw with Pinkie were a little unsettling?

I can agree with ALL of them and that Discord one... I was staring at the screen muttering "for kids". XD

Most disturbing for me would probably be from A Canterlot Wedding. Honestly, that ending scene from part 1 sent shivers up my spine. What a way to end an episode.

To quote TV Tropes on Sombra:

"The Caligula: Arguably a worse one than Discord since his means his subjects are always completely sane so they remember all of it, and he doesn't even allow them to remember life before his reign."

So I see I'm not the only one who watches Nostalgia Critic.

The Bats song in the episode "Bats!". Specifically, the part where Rarity joins in and every moment after. It's just so creepy to watch them circle around Fluttershy like that.

That was pretty creepy, and awesome. I mean, the song went full Danny Elfman on us!

Definitely Pinkie Pie's breakdown. It's disturbing but awesome. 

attachicon.gif131363984010-1.gif

THAT GIF  :o

img-2870498-1-36.png

Poor, poor Flutters... :(

I agree, this show has had some really, questionable moments.... :huh:

Does nopony remember that scene from Lesson Zero where we see Fluttershy "beating" the *rap out of a bear? I just stared at the screen dumbfounded and amazed, I mean this is Fluttershy, after all. Loves ALL creatures big and small. Later we find out that she was giving the bear a massage (thank goodness).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-2870498-1-36.png

Yeah, the scene is when Fluttershy is singing backstage, and accidentally knocks over the curtain exposing the fact she is singing and having her stage fright kick in. I just watched the episode again yesterday ;p.

And I agree it is quite freaky, portrays Fluttershy's fears quite well. Since it actually kinda freaks me out myself, not to mention how much it probably freaks out Fluttershy.

Edited by Zygen

(edited)

img-2861206-1-Fluttershy_surrounded_by_e

img-2870498-1-36.png

Fluttershy has the best disturbing freakouts

Alright, every season onwards now needs to have a Fluttershy disturbing freakout moment, it needs to become a trope

Is there any other Fluttershy scenes like these two that we missed?

(Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Discord's balloon party, okay, that was the real first disturbing moment for me in the series, some pony post pictures or gif of that please)

Edited by pony.colin

Fluttershy's freakouts!

Like jeez. Hurricane Fluttershy's eyes even unnerved ME. That was awesome.

img-2870498-1-36.png

This image was so powerful! Sometimes you can't express your feelings with words and an image tells so much more.

Everytime I see that scene again, I become totally silent.

Congrats to the person/team who made that scene.

(edited)

You're going to LOVE ME!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Did that really not disturb anypony else???

And of course lesson zero. :wacko: 

And OHMERGERSH the bunnies in Return or Harmony!!! Dx Nighmares!

Edited by KatieBelle219

When Twilight says HI GIRLS!

This one gets my vote for most disturbing. This phrase could not have been creepier if it were said by Jack Nicholson through a broken door.