Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most disturbing moment in the show?

RainbowMau

(edited)

Does nopony remember that scene from Lesson Zero where we see Fluttershy "beating" the *rap out of a bear? I just stared at the screen dumbfounded and amazed, I mean this is Fluttershy, after all. Loves ALL creatures big and small. Later we find out that she was giving the bear a massage (thank goodness).

To quote a certain big hunk pony, "Eeyup"!

Fluttershy & Twilight's freakouts seemed to be scary & hilariously silly.

I'm was more concerned with Twilight's OCD in Lesson Zero. Before, I just assumed she was just rather anal retentive & overly organized. Then Lesson Zero came along & I was like "WHAT IN CELESTIA'S CROWN WRONG WITH YOU GIRL?!", especially the cupcake scene. Her freakinging out over the "Baker's Dozen" ('OMG! Uneven numbers!') & the frosting ('OMG! Frosting amout is uneven! Must...fiddle...frosting!'). Now, I've been diagnosed with OCD but mine must be super-mild because I wanted to slap Twilight upside the head!

Fluttershy versus the eyeballs & ghostly pony heads! Now, THOSE are spook-a-licious!

And Angel Bunny in Putting Your Hoof Down went from the usual "adorable cranky bunny" to "abusive spouse". Was that supposed to be funny because someone has a...strange...sense of humor? It also seemed to nasty even for Angel Bunny. I was so happy when she gave him "THE STARE" at the end & MADE him eat that salad!!!

Heck, it seems Angel Bunny has "taken a level in jerkass" as the show went on. He started out an adorable bunny who was grumpy but genuinely meant well & who was pretty much "the straight man". Now, he's like a total jerk who attagonizes everybody!

As for Pinkie making her face into a G3 pony, I thought that was hilarious!

Edited by Pinkiesister75

The bit where they all got the poison joke effect. Mainly Twilight with the floppy horn. It just looks inappropriate and is the most disturbing thing for me, even though it wasn't really disturbing.

I've got something else, but I don't think it really counts as disturbing, just something I really didn't like.

This one gets my vote for most disturbing. This phrase could not have been creepier if it were said by Jack Nicholson through a broken door.

:lol: Very true! Twilight's breakdown was seriously disturbing, this moment in particular was terrifying.  :wau:

(edited)

The moment in the show that disturbed me the most was at the end of Canterlot Wedding Part 1. The part where Shining Armor tells Twilight off and how everypony else abandons her even Celestia leaving Twilight all alone. I just found that moment to be very mean-spirited. Another problem I had with that is how the fake Cadence appears in front of Twilight right after she ran off. I just don't get it. That moment made me cringe.

img-2901189-1-640px-Shining_arguing_with

Edited by TheJLeeTeam

While I have to agree with many aforementioned disturbing moments, there's one I don't believe that's been mentioned yet...

Did anypony else think Rarity was disturbing here?

img-2567372-2-Bl8lNOjCQAAjRgq.png%20larg

Gosh, I felt like she was thinking "There will be a bloodbath in Ponyville today! Muahahaha!" in this pic... LMAO

• Brohoof 2

You guys really think Pinky or whatever character going crazy for an episode and such things were more disturbing than the Mirror pond? Or getting put in Tartarus for supposedly an indefinite amount of time, alone and fully aware the entire time, and other such limbo like imprisonments?

Really? :confused:

I'm probably in the minority.  But I found "Twilight's Kingdom" to be uncomfortable to watch because of seeing the ponies being drained of their magic by Tirek.  

Trust me, this guy was disturbing to watch because the things he did in "Twilight's Kingdom," were unsettling. 

Well, if you really think about Discord, he's 10 animals put together. He's a living, breathing necronomicon. Just imagine him with stitches.

Now I can finally finish that damn daedric quest for the guy who talks way too slow. I can get more than enough blood samples from my buddy Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Now I can finally finish that damn daedric quest for the guy who talks way too slow. I can get more than enough blood samples from my buddy Discord.

Yeah. That quest took forever to complete. :P Oh, well. The reward was worth it for me :)

On topic: The Fluttershy freak-outs and Pinkie being depressed was disturbing for me.

I'd have to say Twilight's emotional breakdown in S4E1 and 2, Chrysalis essentially KILLING Celestia and Sombra's slaves. I'm surprised that that wasn't one of the first things mentioned. 'Cause, you know, slavery is TOTALLY good kid's entertainment.

You guys really think Pinky or whatever character going crazy for an episode and such things were more disturbing than the Mirror pond? Or getting put in Tartarus for supposedly an indefinite amount of time, alone and fully aware the entire time, and other such limbo like imprisonments?

Mirror pond - magical constructs therefore not disturbing (that one video of alternate ending very disturbing)

What would you prefer than Tartarus?  Death?  Imprisonment elsewhere?

I know that somebody like Tirek has to be out of circulation.  So not so disturbed -- given the alternatives.

Still disturbed by Angel (a mentor type to Fluttershy) smacking her and very few of the fan-base going -- wow, that's abuse.

Flutterguy singing in front of everypony.

Spike singing the anthem.

The end of Sweetie Belle's nightmare.

Fluttershy killing a bear (not really)

Sexy Applejack

But that's not disturbing at all. ;3;

(Love the pony waifu >3>)

(edited)

Chrysalis essentially KILLING Celestia and Sombra's slaves.

Wait wait... there was an episode that had Chrysalis kill Princess Celestia and Sombra's Slaves? I never knew about that. o_o

...I jest. Although I admit, you confused me at first...

Anyhow, as it currently stands, I can't particularly point out anything as 'disturbing'. I mean, of course, you have the breakdown sequences with Pinkie and Twilight, but even then I couldn't see it as 'disturbing'.

Now, if anything, I would call Angel's supposed death (Castlemania) somewhat disturbing, if only because it came out of nowhere. It also broke suspension of disbelief, but I don't think that counts as 'disturbing'.
Edited by Oleg

Mirror pond - magical constructs therefore not disturbing (that one video of alternate ending very disturbing)

The disturbing part is that the real Pinkie almost "got sent back to the pond". That leaves the question of 'what the heck does that even mean?'. I dunno I found it really creepy.

What would you prefer than Tartarus?  Death?  Imprisonment elsewhere?

Are you asking what I would prefere for myself, or for the characters it actually happened to? Me personally I would prefere death to indefinate imprisonment. In-show however the characters don't seem to have been tourtured too much by the experience, though Nightmare Moon was crazy.

The show doesn't go into about how that kind of imprisonment would be a fate worse than death in real life. Its kinda like the 4kids dub of Yu-gi-oh! How they invented the 'Shadow realm' to replace death in the original version (lol dark energy disks) because death is less family friendly.

So I suppose 4kids decided that 'getting trapped forever in a hell dimention' is better for kids than death. :huh:

I know that somebody like Tirek has to be out of circulation.  So not so disturbed -- given the alternatives.

They killed Sombra. They killed Tirak in the original.

Still disturbed by Angel (a mentor type to Fluttershy) smacking her and very few of the fan-base going -- wow, that's abuse.

Angel is a mentor type?

Speaking of mentors though, Celestia in Magical mystery cure, that was disturbing how much of a manipulative liar she is. (Or at least, is made out to be by the shoddy writing of that episode)

(edited)

The moment when Applejack left her loving and fantastic family as a family to live with some posh related family far away, where she is considered as an almost inferior and simple being.

Edited by Pinklady

I used to think that this was disturbing:

mlfw3735-1332104371053.png

But now I find it rather hilarious.  :lol:

I don't get why you guys think that Pinkie Pie's party with inanimate objects or that Pinkie Pie clone turning into a G3 pony were disturbing. I always thought they were funny. Well, I guess that there are 3 explanations for this:

1. You guys are wimps (This is definitely not true)

2. I'm some kind of Chuck Norris (I don't think this is true)

3. I actually do have a really morbid personality. (This is definitely true)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Apple Bloom's comment at the end of the opener for Twilight Time.....

"Laying it on a little thick..." implies that the plant was coughing from heavy smoking. No other way to interpret that comment....

I love this song (my favorite from S4), but to hear little fillies talking about having mojo....that's just disturbing...

316555cdd465df2481fafb2a9954fa66.360x235

Seems to me that Mentally Advanced Scootaloo is canon....

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Bahaha! 

Okay, you wanna know the FIRST thing that instantly popped into my head? Among ALL the disturbing moments in FIM? 

This. 

applebloom_tap_dance_by_mezkalito4p-d4gb

132808447670.gif

It gave me the actual goosebumps.

Whatever. :okiedokielokie:

OH MY GOODNESS... You are so right!  I hadn't ever thought about it like that.  I've always been intrigued by the concept of things/persons/(and now ponies) being "stuck in limbo" ... Somehow it makes me think of the movie Inception, where if things went wrong, he could end up stuck in limbo.  

Awesome post, Zoraxe, and kudos.

(edited)

For me it was easily this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlS4CK4D1FM

After 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' and 'Filli Vanilli' (her climbing up the wall like a spider while tormenting Fluttershy disturbed me a great deal, too) but, this scene convinced me that Pinkie Pie is a sociopath by the fact she is threatening the kid like it's no big deal.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis