Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite mythological creature?

Akemi Homura

13 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

What's the difference really between fauns and satyrs?

Satyrs are very lustful and often drunk nature spirits with long ears and they have a horse like tail. They are pretty much always portrayed with big erections. They originate from Greek mythology. Fauns are forest spirits that have goat legs and horns (as is shown in the picture). They originate from Roman mythology. Unlike satyrs, fauns are more shy and quiet instead of being more extroverted and horny all the time.
These days the terms faun and satyr are mostly used interchangeably for forest creatures with animal characteristics by most people.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Mellow Mane said:

Satyrs are very lustful and often drunk nature spirits with long ears and they have a horse like tail. They are pretty much always portrayed with big erections. They originate from Greek mythology. Fauns are forest spirits that have goat legs and horns (as is shown in the picture). They originate from Roman mythology. Unlike satyrs, fauns are more shy and quiet instead of being more extroverted and horny all the time.
These days the terms faun and satyr are mostly used interchangeably for forest creatures with animal characteristics by most people.

Hm, they're basically the same thing in most modern stuff but looking at old Greek pictures Satyrs don't even have goat legs.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

The basilisk, i love snake so of course the king of serpent has be my top favorite. Hydra is my second favorite. 

I also have a softer side, I like unicorns and mermaids. They are so majestic that they always leave me speechless. Now let’s not mix mermaids with the sirens though, but I also do like them too. 

On 9/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, Thuja said:

Dragons and Centaurs.  I want to make a centaur DnD character at some point, if I ever get to play again.

Basic D&D module PC1 9254 Tall Tales Of The Wee Folk has rule for that, if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...