Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last night my Man Card was revoked for liking MLP!

Rarity Paige Belle

Is it written anywhere that you can't enjoy a show about candy-colored ponies sharing love and friendship and be a man at the same time?

Look at this guy right here

The guy's a brony and manly as f***

Forget about this man-card bull

Such a glorious mustache... give me a minute

Anyways, i'm with Pinkamena_Pills. Even if it is...funny...at times... it frames the idea that men can't do something even slightly feminine without being branded. Things like this put pressure on all of us to behave a certain way. And just like Justin Bieber sounding like a girl)presumably) started out as a joke, this idea is the basework that eventually leads to people taking it way too far, ala "public shaming and beatings in the street" too far. It's really not worth the trouble it causes.

• Brohoof 1

As others have pointed out, it's much more manly to watch a little girl's show and be secure in your manhood, than to conform to subjective notions of "manhood", simply because you want to fit in. FYI, I'm sure most guys have secrets. If you can admit to liking MLP, while others are in the closet about enjoying something else, you've taken a far more courageous path than many could. Besides, I think being able to watch a show like MLP and still call yourself a man, as opposed to living in fear of anything of the sort, like vampires are of holy water, is much manlier.

Should I stop watching the show as a Man Card is the most important thing us males can carry?

Don't worry about it bro. Simply visit your nearest Man Centre, and buy a new one. They only cost 30 Man Coins.

Oh boy, y'all are getting too tense.  I think of it as being satirical or sarcastic to talk about man cards.  While I don't think it's ever right to judge like that, I'm sure I've used it in a much lighter sense.  A MUCH lighter sense, like, all in good humor where nopony actually is shamed at all, just light joking.

But as far as people being serious about it, now that's just too far.  Revoking someone's man card for MLP?  What a tool.  
If I wasn't such a shy guy, and thus, such a closet internet-only brony, and I was open IRL about it... If someone said something like that to me, I'd look them in the face, and say this:

Yes, it is 100% true that watching a television show can result in a sex change. The only way to cure this is by pumping iron and watching Duck Dynasty.

LMAO...  oh that's just too good.  

But, Duck Dynasty ain't THAT bad... *throws on helmet, hides under chair*

(edited)

I don't know what a man card is and I don't care. I have a *word for a certain body part only males have removed*. My legal documents all have that "M" in bold there next to "gender."  I'm a man.

That's all I need.

In fact I think the whole concept just further promotes media stereotypes and possibly violence, blood, and loss of innocent lives and souls...

Edited by Solid Scorpion

I'd argue being secure enough in your masculinity to openly watch a show about colorful talking ponies would make you MORE of a man than someone with such shallow views of what a real man is.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I will quote my friend who is a Brony and in the U.S. Navy.

"I'd rather have my US Navy ID Card and a Rainbow Dash Plush as opposed to a piece of plastic that says that I have to act like an emotionless stump of a Human being." 

In other words, Ditch the Man card, It's a waste of time and plastic. Just be yourself and never let anypony tell you otherwise.

Edited by SomeMaineBrony

I'm a female, and we don't have a 'female card' *(What I do have is a 'Badass Card'), and I have not heard of a 'man card'. Honestly, it sounds utterly pointless.

Don't stop watching the show just because your friend caught you watching the show and questioned your masculinity. Be yourself! It's much, much better than other people telling you on what a "real man" should be and act like in society. ;)