• PC
    • Xbox 360
    • Xbox One
    • PlayStation 3
    • PlayStation 4
    • Wii
    • Wii U

(edited)

Alright gamers of MLP Forums, game nights are coming back and in a brand new way!

As many of you are aware, we had quite a few active and regular gaming nights maintained by the fine folks in PArc through our Steam servers, with a game of Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and other such fun community games.  Though recently there have been server issues, It is our hope to get them back online soon to make these events a normal occurrence once again, as well as possibly expanding upon it.

With PC gaming being already well established within PArc and Poniverse with much of the community taking part in the fun and festivities, there may be just as many members who simply don’t have a computer that is up to par to participate (myself included).  In an effort to get more of the community involved with future game night events, we are considering the addition of online console gaming to the list of possibilities.

Before anything can move forward, however, it is essential to see if there would be enough interest in the idea by gaining a consensus on which console(s) would be best to consider.  In the poll above, please be sure to select any consoles that you currently own with the consideration of online play.  Keep in mind that since these would be community events, games that would be are team-based and/or sandbox-style games would be the ones most considered to be sure that as many members as possible can participate.   Though this would include the normal fare of Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty and so forth, we are also still open to any suggestions that anyone may have, so please be sure to share any other games that you’d be interested in seeing.

As always, if there are any questions that anyone may have, please be sure to share them freely.  Though this is still in the very early stages of planning and everything has not  been established, we will do our best to address any question that you may have.

Take care and game on!

Edited by SkyBound
  • Brohoof 17

Alright gamers of MLP Forums, game nights are coming back and in a brand new way!

As many of you are aware, we had quite a few active and regular gaming nights maintained by the fine folks in PArc through our Steam servers, with a game of Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and other such fun community games.  Though recently there have been server issues, It is our hope to get them back online soon to make these events a normal occurrence once again, as well as possibly expanding upon it.

With PC gaming being already well established within PArc and Poniverse with much of the community taking part in the fun and festivities, there may be just as many members who simply don’t have a computer that is up to par to participate (myself included).  In an effort to get more of the community involved with future game night events, we are considering the addition of online console gaming to the list of possibilities.

Before anything can move forward, however, it is essential to see if there would be enough interest in the idea by gaining a consensus on which console(s) would be best to consider.  In the poll above, please be sure to select any consoles that you currently own with the consideration of online play.  Keep in mind that since these would be community events, games that would be are team-based and/or sandbox-style games would be the ones most considered to be sure that as many members as possible can participate.   Though this would include the normal fare of Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty and so forth, we are also still open to any suggestions that anyone may have, so please be sure to share any other games that you’d be interested in seeing.

As always, if there are any questions that anyone may have, please be sure to share them freely.  Though this is still in the very early stages of planning and everything has not  been established, we will do our best to address any question that you may have.

Take care and game on!

Hey just thought i'd let you know that Nintendo shut down wifi services for the wii.

• Brohoof 4

Hey just thought i'd let you know that Nintendo shut down wifi services for the wii.

Just to clarify, Nintendo Wi-fi Connection does work for the Wii U still, but it was shut down for the original Wii as well as the DS and DSi. It seems to only be available for the 3DS and the Wii U now.

• Brohoof 5

OiE23Rl.png

There's quite a bit more PC gamers here than I was expecting. Cool.

Anyway, as previously noted, online services for the Wii (but not the Wii U) have been shut down, so out of both of these platforms the only one I can play multiplayer on is the PC. So yeah, #pcmasterrace anyone?

• Brohoof 4

Screw it. I'm down for some Mario Kart Wii if anyone wants to challenge me.

PM me if you want my FC.

NOTE:Yes i am aware that the service for the Wii is gone, but that didn't stop me and a couple of my friends down at KC MM from making our own private servers that we run tp play some vanilla Brawl. It also works for MKW as well. So if you have a Wii and MKW, let me know.

I'll play some: TF2, Unturned, Naruto clash of ninja revolution 3, Mario kart wii, Pokemon battle revolution, Super smash bros brawl.

Naruto storm 2/gen/3/rev demo, and Mario kart 8.

• Brohoof 1

Do I need to reach a certain post count before I can vote in polls? when I try to vote it says that I don't have permission.
I think so. If I am correct you must have at least 5 posts.
  • Brohoof 1

As for me, I have a PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Wii U/Wii, and I should have an Xbox 360 in the next few weeks.  :)

Oh right, I forgot about the Wii's online getting shut down, didn't pay too much attention to it because I never use it.  :huh:

That's lucky for you guys, though. I don't think it would have been fair to fight me in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  :smug:

Still though, seems PC gamers are racking up some points! Hope to see more console gamers such as myself in the meantime.  :D

• Brohoof 4

img-2888054-1-OiE23Rl.png

There's quite a bit more PC gamers here than I was expecting. Cool.

Anyway, as previously noted, online services for the Wii (but not the Wii U) have been shut down, so out of both of these platforms the only one I can play multiplayer on is the PC. So yeah, #pcmasterrace anyone?

So yeah, #pcmasterrace anyone?

img-2677900-2-tumblr_m6hyqiFHjU1ql3ktn.j

*gives a Brohoof for such a correct statement*

• Brohoof 3

I don't think it would have been fair to fight me in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Pah-lease nobody can beat me when I pick Ike. Don't believe me? Ask sage kabuto. If i figure out how to make a custom server you and me one stock. 
  • Brohoof 1

Got everything up there except for a One. Not surprising PC is in the lead, most are probably posting from one.

And if you don't have one and are stuck on mobile, I'm so sorry. :(

I lack a PC.... but I do have a Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, and a Wii! So anything associated with those i'm totally down for!!

Got everything up there except for a One. Not surprising PC is in the lead, most are probably posting from one.

And if you don't have one and are stuck on mobile, I'm so sorry. :(

I'm posting on my Wii U! Its so fun!!!

• Brohoof 1

I lack a PC.... but I do have a Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, and a Wii! So anything associated with those i'm totally down for!!

I'm posting on my Wii U! Its so fun!!!

Hey! We share the same thing!  :squee: yay!  :yay: (only difference is that i am on ps4 though)

• Brohoof 1

I wish I can but I have no wifi adapter for my xbox 360 yet,My dad has wifi but all I need is the wifi adapter for my xbox 360.

The only other console I have that can go online is my nintendo dsi xl,Got that for my 13th birthday but I'm currently 16 in a half so I owned that nintendo for 13 year's we'll actually I was thinking it was going too be a nintendo I wanted too see if it was a nintendo I wanted at the age of 12 so my dad told me too do my homework too see my birthday present I still wanted too see if it was a nintendo so bad then I finished my homework and gotta open my present early then when I opened it I was happy seeing that it was a nintendo I wanted so let's say it's 12 year's old.

I was thinking of putting up a post on the forum about a hardcore minecraft enderdragon quest to get the title of a true minecraft professional. I've gotten close but failed, although I'm still trying. Only reason I haven't put up a post was cuz my brother and cousin will be playing and they are both anti-bronies. May be hard to hide that in a skype call if there's more than one brony in the call.

• Brohoof 1