Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preening

That Horse

(edited)

What is the deal with preening?! I have no wings, but what is the deal with it?

Preening is pretty much the equivalent of a massage/grooming for a winged creature. Ever had a massage? It's definitely one of the best things you never thought you needed.

Edited by Nuke87654

Ok, well, is preening a sort of... intimate thing? I heard BAD things about it.

*gets out bottle of massage oil, gives bottle to SpitFire*

A little of the ol' chop-chop.

*runs in circles, screaming "Chop-Chop!"*

:mellow::umad: :comeatus: :fiery::eww: EmotiSPam. Spam is a homonym. It is acanned meat, or an annoyance.

basically its wing maintainance. sometimes when a flight animal opens and closes its wings the quills and feathers get abit ruffled and not aligned right. This effects their performance and therefore make fight a more energy costly experience. It saves potential time and energy for the animal to sort this out before taking off again.

Is it intimate? Not sure. It's certainly an exercise of trust tho. I'd imagine its hard for a pegesus to trust another non-winged animal near their wings.

• Brohoof 1

Preening probably is about as necessary for things with feathered wings as making sure you have clean oil in a combustion engine. Due to its level of physical closeness it is probably equal in intimacy as having your hair braided if you have long hair.

People who use that closeness as a pretext for assuming it could be sexual are probably the same people who read unnecessarily intimate reactions into ponies having hugs, and obviously have too much on their minds.

Ok, well I get it now. I've just heard stories about how after preening, pegasi were sometimes a bit intimate. That's all I'm saying. Of course I'm a unikorn, so how should I understand.