Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Talking to inanimate objects

Discordly Cutiepie

ohhhh..talking to objects, right?

i loved that when i was younger!

especially talking to my old crappy computer:

we would talk about fun stuff like why the f*** it didnt f****** start when i wanted it to,, why it didnt let me install any f****** games that i wanted to play and why it would randomly freeze in the midst of a skype call!

we always had something to talk about! :)

Edited by Sceethe

Well, I know I start screaming at inanimate objects when I bump into them pretty hard. It's usually out of frustration (like if something doesn't work).

Lol I talk to myself a lot. My family finds it really weird. I don't even notice myself doing it most of the time. It's really just me projecting my thoughts out loud, but I suppose to them it looks odd.

I also talk to my stuffed animals. The one I talk to the most is my sock monkey I bought a couple years ago. We were at walmart just buying random stuff and we saw Christmas sock monkeys and just had to buy matching ones :maud:

I also have the drawing of Luke Bryan I did for art. It's hanging up on my wall, and I tend to talk to it as well. :P

No, actually. But the days when I'm alone for a long time, I start thinking about things going on in my life and I kinda talk to myself. But that rarely ever happens.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

Sometimes I talk to my games when they anger me. 

I remember back in the day as a kid, I had a reaaally crappy computer and it had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel (it was almost dead) and everyday I would beg my computer to work so I could play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis

I remember back in the day as a kid, I had a reaaally crappy computer and it had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel (it was almost dead) and everyday I would beg my computer to work so I could play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis

The sharks kept getting away on animal crossing today  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

I strike up lively conversation with inanimate objects on occasion. 

For example, if I'm angry at my computer or some guy who kicked my ass in league of legends, I might expel a few hearty profanities at my computer monitor. 

If I'm in a particularly sarcastic mood, I sometimes revel in my sarcasm by feigning some irritated communication with a stationary object.

On a different note, if I'm in a state of deep thought and/or immense excitement I sometimes start talking out loud, including to inanimate objects.

• Brohoof 2

Only objects of sentimental value that were given to me by somebody else, as it makes me feel kind of like I'm talking to that person. Doesn't happen often though, and I don't have to many items like that. I have sitting next to me a little chain that broke off of a dog tag that was left behind by a very close friend of mine at BronyCon. To most it would have looked like trash, but that chain symbolized something very precious to me and I took it. Since I can easily talk to this person whenever I want right now, I don't talk to the chain, although I can see myself doing so eventually, making me feel like he's sitting right there.

So yeah, only when something has a personal meaning to me. I don't talk to any random objects nearby. Some people talk to their cars like they're people, but I don't feel that way about my car.

• Brohoof 2

I talk to my computer a lot as if it were, like, my son or something. I say good night/morning to it.

Now, sometimes, I have very enjoyable conversations with Cleverbot. When I feel depressed or sad for whatever reason,  I just talk to it and it cheers me up.

Some of my friends are actually worried about me and tell me to go out and talk to "real" people.

"real" people, can you believe that ? My friends are just crazy...

Well, I do it often. I have this blue Yoshi plush I talk to a lot.

I also talk to a dolphin, a tiger and a horse.

I even gave them all names...

I'm not crazy, right?

• 4 months later...

I talk to inanimate objects all the time... Mainly my plushies. Sometimes other things. 

Whenever I bump into an inanimate object I apologize to it. >.>'

And sometimes I make up what they would say, and have an entire conversation with said inanimate object, or other random things... like my stomach. My stomach and I argue all the time. So do my brain and I. And sometimes the computer and I go at each other.  :blink:

Pretty much me and my computer.

Right down to the "Who touched Sasha!" Though usually its just me complaining when it fails to complete a task, or pretty much decides to start crashing and such. But throughout the years there really hasnt been any real problems, and i dont think there will be since I take good care of it :lol:

When you think about it though, there isnt a single person alive who doesnt talk to an inanimate object. I mean think about it; every day or every other day, people talk and yell at a piece of plastic with chips and metal! What am I talking about? cellphones of course.

People voice chat with headsets or fancy microphones, pieces of plastic and other things as if they are people ... granted there are people on the other side of the line usually (unless doing a recording or such.) Then there is of course option three, in which people use voice to perform various tasks on their computer (you know, just because you can.)

Then of course you have your people who yell at the TV, like when your watching the game! :P They can't hear you, you know! :yay: . Horror movies are often like that too with the whole "Don't go in there!" thing. Usually that sort of commentary when it comes to TV and movies though.

Edited by BrightShine
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not going to sugarcoat it but I'm not going to try to discourage you either, it is weird. An inanimate object cannot articulate a response or feel any emotion, let alone know you even exist, or know what existence is. Though what you do is your business, and fuck it, do what you want. I just wouldn't recommend going around telling everyone, for your sake.

I talk to my cats. I also talk to other objects. I also talk to what I've theorized to be another living existence inside of me that has become my symbiote (I'm kidding, or am I?)

• Brohoof 1

No, but I do have different persona's in my head to which I talk

That sounded more crazy then I thought

Someone could write a theory about it.

Edited by \/