Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Talking to inanimate objects

Discordly Cutiepie

(edited)

It's very common for me, I'm practically known for it at my summer job. I don't really know why I do it, it's certainly not like I expect some kind of response. I think it's mostly a way to relay my logic back at myself. You can probably imagine I do this a lot with my computer as well considering I'm currently studying programming.

I know I probably look like this much of the time though...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

I have to threaten my computer sometimes...

Me: Do thing

Computer: *won't do thing"

Me: DO THE THING!

Computer: *won't do thing*

Me: Do thing or I'll break you in half...

Computer: *does thing*

• Brohoof 5

Most of my talking to inanimate objects occurs when my toe comes in contact with it. I can also tell you these conversations are ugly and never last more than a few words.

• Brohoof 1

I talk to myself sometimes, but only when no one is around. It's quite embarrassing being caught talking to yourself. :blush:  I don't really have an inanimate object I talk to though.

It's All normal behavior in my eyes. I don't think it's weird  :)

I have to threaten my computer sometimes...

Me: Do thing

Computer: *won't do thing"

Me: DO THE THING!

Computer: *won't do thing*

Me: Do thing or I'll break you in half...

Computer: *does thing*

Heh, I always tell my computer,"I'll throw you out the window."

• Brohoof 1

I use to do that a lot when I was young I stopped but sometimes I talk to inanimate objects when I feel lonely this happens to every human so its not weird mate if anypony else says other wise leave them stranded on an island or somewhere away from civilization and give them nothing but basic supplies I betcha after a week they would of found something inanimate to carry around with them as a companion

Oh I talk to myself all the time. My mom talks to herself, and I guess I got that from her. But when I'm playing a game I'll talk to the screen if I don't have a mic. Like if the match is going good, I'll talk to my fallen teamates and be like 'Nah buddy, get up, you aint gonna die on my watch.' Or I'll yell at the people like this. 'Dude come on! There's a reason why I gave you that med bag. Use it you idiot!'. And then there's the talking to the loading screens of every screen that seems to take too long. Even though the it's like at 100 percent. 

• Brohoof 1

I talk to EVERYTHING. I can be sitting in a field talking to a daisy and that gives me joy. But if these things starting talking back, I would scream and never talk again. So is the fact that we talk to inanimate objects just because we don't like talking to people who answer back and we know that because these objects won't answer back we can say anything that's on our mind? Or is it just because we're crazy and have no lives :derp: (That's deep)

(edited)

I don't usually talk to inanimate objects, except for my computer, which I imagine being more like an AI.  Probably GlaDOS.

I do, however, talk to myself all the time.  Actually, I usually imagine talking to the essence of myself in the second person.  As if I could confront my own brain and talk to it, and it would respond.  I carry on conversations with my inner self this way.  I find it to be reassuring and helpful because I imagine my inner self giving me advice, and it sort of prompts me to realize truths about myself, if that makes any sense.  It's not unlike what they do on TV sometimes.  I'll ask myself a question aloud, and then imagine a ghostly image of myself sitting nearby, and he says something along the lines of "Oh come on, you know you'll never be happy unless you -fill-in-the-blank-.  You know what you have to do."  And I'll just be like, "Yup.  You're right of course."

He's always there.  Wherever I go...

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

I talk to my shower a lot. And a toy skeleton hanging on my wall. I call him skelly. He likes high fives. Sometimes I'll talk to myself, and carry out long conversations stating that I am an idiot for even talking because no one in the entire world is listening to what I say and I'll forget what I said within a day or two.

• Brohoof 1

when I was watching Dragon Ball Z for the very first time last year and early this year, I was squeaking, screaming, yelling, and talking to my computer screen! The show was too intense for me to not vocalize.

I like to do it too~, But mainly i tend to hug stuff such as teddies (i guess pretty uh, i dont wanna use normal but you know) and tree's and then walls and all, talking wise i prolly maybe talk to trees to and then plants.

I also like talking to insects .u..

Sometimes we even have hecky good conversations.

Even talked to a spider and well outta the conversation i was recomended a pretty black dress :0. but i guess its prolly me but still i find it fun and interesting.

I don't really talk to objects as suck but I often talk to myself, sometime referring to myself as 'we' meaning my brain and my body. I think almost everyone talks to something that is unable to reply, it provides a feeling of comfort.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't talk to inanimate objects, more like talk at them, as I'm really just thinking out loud.