Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The weather factory

A Canadian Fritter

(edited)

OOC:http://mlpforums.com/topic/104915-weather-factory-ooc/

Planning:http://mlpforums.com/topic/104164-the-weather-factory-no-longer-accepting/

Man I'm bad at starting RPs. If you joined you already know the story so I'm just gonna fill this part in with the song we all know and love:

Now a rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice as the story we knew of sugar and spice

But a rainbow's easy once you get to know it with the help of the magic of a pegasus device

Let's delve deeper into rainbow philosophy, far beyond that of cloudsdale's mythology

It's easy to misjudge that floating city, with it's alluring decor. And social phycology

But with all great things comes a great responsibility, that of cloudsdale's being weather stability

How do you ask are they up to the task?

To which the awnser is a simple facility

In the rainbow factory, where your fears and horrers come true

In the rainbow factory, where not a single soul gets through

Edited by Rainbro dash 16

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mare walked into a hallway and sighed with relief as she finished her days work.Her name is Lexi Rosa, first year wind production.She looked around and relaxed a moment.She smiled at other ponies walking or flying around.She walked outside and looked around and smiled again.Being her first year she had no friends really.She walked around to the other side when she saw some ponies walking down throuh a hallway, she follwed close by trying not to get spotted.She saw them go into an elevator somewhere down.She waited till they were gone when she came out and looked up at the elevator, curious about what's inside.

Midnight sat at his desk, looking at televisions on one wall that displayed footage from security cameras all over the factory. He watched as some of the workers from the rainbow department entered the elevator to return to their place of work, on his first few days he found it weird that they started work at the end of the day. Now he knew that they had to go to work later so nopony on the lower levels got suspicious and found their way up the elevator while they were producing rainbows. After he made sure they were in the elevator he turned around on his chair and looked out the window. If he looked at it a few seconds longer he would have noticed as Lexi rosa, a first year in the wind department, trot over to the elevator...

She stared at it her curiosity grew, looking at the elevator.Sje looked around to make sure there was no cameras around.She looked back up at it staring now at the button.She was tempted to push it, she breathed slowly as she thought hard.She turned around once more, before slowly backing up from the elevator,"Tomorrow I will go,"She told herslf, backing away fhen turning around.She glanced back at the elevator slowly.Thinking of what was in there.

Cloudstar made his way down the hallways of the Weather Factory after a long day of cloud production. He had worked overtime that day, getting out late. He nearly jumped out of his skin as he turned a corner and almost ran into the red and blue mare. "Oh, sorry about that! I was just...." He trailed off as he followed her gaze to the elevator. He had never been in it, had rarely even noticed it before, in fact. "I wonder where that goes..."

(edited)

Zhe stared at it then noticed someone staring at it to,"Oh um..sorry am I in your way."She said stepping aside.Sne turned around towards the elevator without noticing she made her way close to it.She stared at the button, looking at it big eyes.She smiled brightly and turned around towards him,"Well bye,"She said pressing the button shooting the elevator up.She smiled and stepped in.The door closed and the elevator went down.

Edited by pinkiepartypie

(edited)

A white Pegasus mare with soft pink, curly hair and bright turquoise eyes trotted through the halls of the weather factory, her shift finally over. She knew her way through the factory like the back of her hoof, being a third-year in Cloud Production.

Edited by Mint Drop

Storm Strafe, a sky blue pegasi with emrrald eyes came down from his shift in wind prodiction anf like every day four his four years in the factory, he stopped by the elevator just for the sake of thought of what happened down there after e erypony else went home. But today, a group of poniees had assembled at the elevator.

The elevator slowed to a stop as she walked out slowly.She fell back into the shadows knowing her bright colors would give her away.She shrugged as she looked at the place.She walked around a corner and stared blankly at the filly being thrown on a conveyer belt and crushed.She stepped back slowly, bumping into something she breathed slowly as she noticed it was just a wall.She contiued going backwards, tripping on her hooves falling in the light, her eyes going wide as she two ponies look right at her.

(edited)

Third year Rain Production, Shadow Reflections, rested alone on a wayward cloud that hovered not quite halfway up the Weather Factory. The dark stallion's vantage point was clear to see his white furred flight school class mate wandering the halls, through a window. They weren't really friends, but he seen her around enough to know her name as, Cloud Swirl? Shadow was known to be a recluse and thusly didn't feel a particular need to make himself noticeable. He did however decide he'd been lounging enough, and leapt down from his perch.

Flapping a couple times before touching the clouded surface of the "ground" he lessened his landing flawlessly. With his remarkably blue visable eye on the floor of the factory he too proceeded down the halls. His right eye was wrapped with clean white medical tape. The day nearing it's completion, and fore knowledge that there'd be no more need for rain, Shadow figured it was getting close to dinner time. With that thought he veered from his straight path, down a separate hall leading to the cafeteria.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

(edited)

"Newbei was actually dumb enough to go up there...I better try to sort things out before she gets herself into trouble." With that he jumped into the elevator amd rode it down to the secret part of the factory. "Newbie you need to get out of here..I dont even belobg here and I"m an ex-soldier and I've worked here longest except for Midnight. Now come ob, you need to leave".

Edited by Dusk Shade

She stayed down afraid to get up for a moment than ran over to the ex soldier . She looked at the ponies that were lookkng at her then she saw them look away, one still eyeing her.She looked down and looked around quickly and found the elevator,"I..I think we...we...should go."She said quitely.Stepping in waiting for him."Thanks by the way,"She said sadly,"Sorry I was just curious, only first year."She said in a wisper

(edited)

Storm Strafe saw the sadness in the mate's eyes.

To the pony eyeing her he explained," Sorry about this she's only a firat year-a bit curious is all. Now do me a favor as senior production worker and just forget she was down allright?" He then turned to Lexi with a soft sterness in his shimmering emerald eyes. " Look, I'm not gonna file paperwork, not gonna rat you out- just be more careful in the futute...and try to forget what you saw-for your sake. Celestia knows I wish I could gorget the things I've seen." At that rode the elevator back to the main factory.m, Storm mentally relieving his years in the "royal guard".

Edited by Dusk Shade

(edited)

Midnight turned back to the wall of televisions to see a group of ponys gathered around the elevator that led down to rainbow production "BUCK!!!" He screamed "if any of them pressed that button... I need to stop them" he practically broke down his door trying to get out and stop them. "Get out of the Bucking way!!!" Midnight screamed at the pegasi gathered around the elevator. He descended and found one of the most promoted employees aside from himself and a newer worker, he hearded them both into the elevator. Once they got all the way up he was furious "I know that sometimes curiosity can take over and you sometimes give in but that was no smart move. You're lucky I don't fire you on the spot and send you down there so equestria can have a brand new rainbow named Lexi rosa. Unfortunately some of the ponys down there are not as forgiving. Forget what you saw down there tonight and maybe, just maybe, they'll consider not grinding you up" when he was finished with his lecture he went back up to his office "and go home for the night" he said as he walked down the hallway

Cloudstar jumped out of the way as Midnight ran past them, yelling. "I wonder whats going on in there..." He thought to himself. Cloudstar thought about taking a step towards the elevator, but being a second year, he knew better. He turned around and, bidding the other Pegasi goodbye, turned to make his way home.

Lexi stood up at the top looking down.She walked slowly away from the elevator, afraid to go down any more. She passed the other pegasi tears in her eyes as she walked off.She slowly opened her wings and flew off towards her house.She landed on the cloud and walked in.She looked around and just to be sure she turned the light on.She climbed in bed exhausted from the night.She began to dream about the girl again, she screamed as she woke up ,afraid to go back to sleep, she stayed up and watched the moon.

Lightning was a third year rain construction worker, but he knew that he wouldn't be there for a fourth. He had ambitions to become a Wonderbolt, and knew that he was almost ready to join the Academy. However, before that happened, Lightning still had to earn bits for food and board, so he continued to work. The Elevator intrigued him; that was where the rainbow workers went. What was down there? And how could anypony ever find out?

Lexi couldnt sleep anymore, not after everything that happened today.She slowly opened her door and walled out sitting on the cloud that surrounded her house.She looked around seeing no pony around she slowly stood up and opened her wings,"Maybe ill take a quick fly,"She flew up and around her house towards the other way, she looked over and saw a pony looking at the elevator.She dropped down and looked at him,"You dont want to go in there, things you dont want to see."She said tryinf to protect others pefasi from seeing what she saw.

(edited)

Midnight lay in his bed, sleepless. He was too busy worrying about what had happened that night "what if she tells other ponys about how they make rainbows? What if they don't belive her and go down the elevator themselves to prove it? What if..." He couldn't sleep so he decided to go for a late night swim in the lake. It wouldn't be most pony's first choice for calming themselves, but the way the moutains were positioned. There was no way to see, then think of, rainbows

((I'm going on vacation for a week or so and won't be able to post, just lettin' you guys know))

(edited)

It was later than he had took the time to note, made apparent by the lack of individuals in the cafeteria. There wasn't even any servers available at the moment, however some left over food was out for the taking. Which Shadow Reflections didn't hesitate in snagging for himself. The food was cold, but not repulsive enough, to sake his growing hunger.

Taking it upon himself to serve up a nightly meal the Pegasus took a prepared tray and moved to the nearest table to eat in peace. With nopony else around to way in distractions it didn't take long for the dark Pegasus to devour his dish. With a full stomach and empty mind Shadow progressed his way from the cafeteria back into the plain halls of the weather factory.

He passed by a couple other ponies on his way through the complex, but didn't even bother giving a nod, let alone a greeting of any sort. The way in which he was headed was known as a dead end with only a rarely used elevator that lead to the most reclusive section of the factory, that of the rainbow facility. For some unknown reason he felt an peculiar urge to press towards it.

Though never actually entering the facility himself, Shadow Reflections felt a need to go in that particular direction, though not actually entering the lift himself. It was made clear awhile ago that only authorized employees were welcomed there, his curiosity was however starting to get the best of him as he neared the lift.

Edited by Bada3oom Box

Midnight swam under the water of the lake, he was still scared that some of the workers at the rainbow factory had seen the first year. He remembered the last employee that accidentally went down to the factory, and he was reminded that the machine didnt only work with fillys and colts

She kept watch of the elevator, to make sure no one would go down, to see what she has seen.She knew she would never get that image of that filly again.She pushed some pegasi away and sighed sitting down near the elevator, looking at it, she drifted into a sleep next to it.

Storm Strafe brought Lexi some food from the cafeteria. "Wake up, kid. There's no reason a newbie like you should be doing guard duty. You are still in very hot water and i'd watch my back if I were you. Ib other words, stay away from this elevator if like living", he said his face deadly serious.

She looked down and nodded, "I just didnt want others to suffer throuh it, it was norrible to see."She shook her head tears rolling down her cheek,"That filly was my sister."She tried getting the memory out of her head.She looked up and grabbed some food he offered,"Thanks."She said polielty.

Midnight couldn't relax in the lake and decided to try and explain everything to the supervisor of the lower level. he flew over to the factory to get to the elevator and saw none other than Lexi trying to guard it. what she was trying to guard it from was beyond him, considering the weather factory was deserted at this hour and she didnt look like she would be able to take on anypony that broke in. He approached the mare and asked politely "may I get by?"