Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you guys deal with the hate?

Kothen

Hey everyone, I've been getting really upset lately because every time I see anything pony related online. There is a massive influx of really hateful comments (Ie. Youtube) It feels like to me there are more people who hate ponies then actual bronies. Are we hated THAT much? Why? And how do you guys deal with it? I know its the internet but it still honestly upsets me when I see how much people hate us.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I know it sucks doesn't how much hate there is out there in the world huh? Its just how things are unfortunately. One cannot simply be let be and enjoy what it is they want to enjoy. There are some things you can do but it comes across harder for others as we are all different. Its sad how people want to put others down and make them feel less of themselves but thats the moment in which you have to force yourself to look past all of the hate and just be glad your not like that.

I am sure the hate won't bother many but for some it does bother and yeah it sucks its out there but when you like something there is always going to be another who is going to try and put a rain on your parade... its always been that way.

Edited by Lucky Dice
  • Brohoof 2

There is a massive influx of really hateful comments (Ie. Youtube)

Honey, let me tell you this: don't ever take YouTube hate comments seriously and respond to them.

And to answer your question, I (used) to deal with it by just ignoring them. I haven't met that much hate online or off, but in the very rare instances I did, I simply just brushed them off.

I don't think we are hated that much nowadays, but it still seems to be there.

• Brohoof 3

Ignore people like that. Why should you care about what they think? They have no significant place in your life, keep it that way. There's always going to be idiots.

• Brohoof 3

Hey everyone, I've been getting really upset lately because every time I see anything pony related online. There is a massive influx of really hateful comments (Ie. Youtube) It feels like to me there are more people who hate ponies then actual bronies. Are we hated THAT much? Why? And how do you guys deal with it? I know its the internet but it still honestly upsets me when I see how much people hate us.

Well, you just have to realize that their opinion doesn't matter, what's important is what you think, how you feel, what matters to you.

• Brohoof 3

I know it sucks doesn't how much hate there is out there in the world huh? Its just how things are unfortunately. One cannot simply be let be and enjoy what it is they want to enjoy. There are some things you can do but it comes across harder for others as we are all different. Its sad how people want to put others down and make them feel less of themselves but thats the moment in which you have to force yourself to look past all of the hate and just be glad your not like that.

I am sure the hate won't bother many but for some it does bother and yeah it sucks its out there but when you like something there is always going to be another who is going to try and put a rain on your parade... its always been that way.

It really is sad how much hate there is in this world. "How Dare you like something I don't like" Its like, really guys? 

Honey, let me tell you this: don't ever take YouTube hate comments seriously and respond to them.

And to answer your question, I (used) to deal with it by just ignoring them. I haven't met that much hate online or off, but in the very rare instances I did, I simply just brushed them off.

I don't think we are hated that much nowadays, but it still seems to be there.

I go to a website called funnyjunk and it has some really funny content on it. But the overall feeling is the the site is anti brony. If anything pony related is posted it gets hated on to oblivion.

And you are right about youtube. I dont know what it is, but the comments always seemed to be posted by REALLY immature people.

• Brohoof 1

I go to a website called funnyjunk and it has some really funny content on it. But the overall feeling is the the site is anti brony. If anything pony related is posted it gets hated on to oblivion.

And you are right about youtube. I dont know what it is, but the comments always seemed to be posted by REALLY immature people.

Yeah, we still have some converting to do still manage to garner unwanted hate. My advice to you again would be to just put out a good name for bronies, and avoid being the pushy kind. You know the ones, bringing up MLP where it doesn't need to be and being annoying in general. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, we still have some converting to do still manage to garner unwanted hate. My advice to you again would be to just put out a good name for bronies, and avoid being the pushy kind. You know the ones, bringing up MLP where it doesn't need to be and being annoying in general. :)

Yep this is so so true just don't bring it up in unwanted areas. Its best to keep things you like to yourself for the most part.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. I know how you feel...Most YouTube videos that contain ponies have those *ahem* trolls that create hate comments against us bronies. Don't read to what they wrote in the comments and ignore them. But remember, don't feed the trolls.

I bet a lot of them didn't even watch the show before they put foul-mouthed comments in pony videos. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hardly ever bring up MLP unless its relevant.I am mostly a lurker when it comes to other websites. I just see all the crap that is said. 

Well, you just have to realize that their opinion doesn't matter, what's important is what you think, how you feel, what matters to you.

Its just insecurities Im feeling it all.  :blush:

Ignore it and correct people about bronies only when needed.

It will mess with your head if you dwell too much on it.

.I noticed. I try not to dwell on it but when you see so many it kind of makes me question myself. I don't know why I let other peoples opinions bother me.

Edited by Kothen
  • Brohoof 1

I simply ignore them. This is the internet after all, words and ideas on here only have power if you give them power, this isn't like the real world (were really no one cares if you like pony) were sometimes you cannot walk/look away, this is the internet and the best thing to do is to simply not recognize the existence of their comments.

• Brohoof 2

I hardly ever bring up MLP unless its relevant.I am mostly a lurker when it comes to other websites. I just see all the crap that is said. 

Well, it's certainly better now than it was a couple years back, and it will only get better. I say just give it time. If people won't stop hating it, then at the very least they'll forget to hate it or graduate from high school.

Its just insecurities Im feeling it all.  :blush:

I noticed. I try not to dwell on it but when you see so many it kind of makes me question myself. I don't know why I let other peoples opinions bother me.

I felt that way too, but over time, i've learned to take pride in what I like and dislike, because I learned that other people's thoughts of me don't matter in the long run. The only one who can give words power is yourself, so try to deny that power. mmm'kaymlp-pgrin.png

• Brohoof 1

I noticed. I try not to dwell on it but when you see so many it kind of makes me question myself. 

It's your life, not theirs; they can go ahead and bitch, moan, and gripe all night long about bronies and next morning we would still love ponies.

The biggest mistake anti-bronies keep making is that they keep treating the fandom as a single person, it's not worth acknowledging them (which is what they want so let's not give them the satisfaction).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Stand up to bullies, whether they're harassing me or my friends.

Write a metal-gear-solid/mlp crossover fanfic about it, with loads of religious and philosophical elements involved, and dark themes, and real life events.

And Project Harmony.

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know standing up against bullies is the right thing to do but do you think writing that fanfic about it is a good idea? Some readers might become offended by it.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it's certainly better now than it was a couple years back, and it will only get better. I say just give it time. If people won't stop hating it, then at the very least they'll forget to hate it or graduate from high school.

I felt that way too, but over time, i've learned to take pride in what I like and dislike, because I learned that other people's thoughts of me don't matter in the long run. The only one who can give words power is yourself, so try to deny that power. mmm'kaymlp-pgrin.png

Everyone has really put some nice advice. I thank you guys. Like I said. Im a really insecure person so stupid things like that bother me.

On an off note, what is this Project harmony and Fan fic you guys are speaking about?

The reason why we're hated this much is due to the fact we step out of the norm with our OWN will. We want to explore new heights and new things that some are afraid to explore. The haters are just jealous that we are outside and they are not. It's kinda sad how they spend their time bashing us when they could be doing something themselves. 

• Brohoof 1

The reason why we're hated this much is due to the fact we step out of the norm with our OWN will. We want to explore new heights and new things that some are afraid to explore. The haters are just jealous that we are outside and they are not. It's kinda sad how they spend their time bashing us when they could be doing something themselves. 

They could be learning a foreign language, train Siberian tigers, but instead, they degenerate themselves to a computer screen and rant about people who are into wacky things. 

• Brohoof 3