Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you guys deal with the hate?

Kothen

@@Kothen,

irl i just show 'em my emt badge and tell 'em that one day they will all pass under mine or my collegues hands, it usually works

on the internet i could care less, i simply get on trying to receive all the hate comments possible and laught about the fact that someone who doesn't even know me is getting mad for me liking something not acceptable by him.. it is simply marvelous

• Brohoof 1

post-11173-0-83134200-1405970210.jpg

I just follow Pinkie's advice when it comes to haters.

post-11173-0-29580900-1405970250.gif

I just see the haters in the comment section, laugh at their attempts to rile us up, and then continue with my day.

post-11173-0-48025900-1405970310.gif

^My mind when I see haters. :P

post-11173-0-83101500-1405970310_thumb.jpg

Basically.

post-11173-0-03997500-1405970255.gif

That's right, Flutters! No one can stop you, not even the haters! :D

• Brohoof 4

They could be learning a foreign language, train Siberian tigers, but instead, they degenerate themselves to a computer screen and rant about people who are into wacky things. 

Wasting precious time when they could be doing something productive...

• Brohoof 3

I do one of two things.

One- I quietly ignore it, because why should I care what they think of me?

Two- If I have to respond, it'll usually be something smug and short like "K." or "k den." Because it usually infuriates the haters.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

from what ive noticed, most of the internet accepts us, but doesnt really appreciate us.

some are haters and like to let everyone know how they feel, but i think that is the minority.

its just really bad in the YT department, since there are mostly 10-15-year-olds there who think that everything that shapes their opinion in a negative way must be the truth, and we are the big,bad child molesters/weirdos/something that they would like to see us as.

i personally just ignore every destructive criticism, it isnt worth my time preaching the truth to some random ignorant person on the internet.

Edited by Sceethe
  • Brohoof 2

You all bring up very valid points. I just need to learn to think like you guys and not give a flying feather about what others (more specifically, ignorant haters) think. 

I don't pay much attention to it, honestly. There's really no point in getting upset over it. Most of the comments are just idiots saying things because the internet allows them to.

If people really hate bronies like that, then they have WAY too much time on their hands.

Honestly, it's not all hate; a lot of it is just trolling for attention. However, there are some legit haters out there...and, just let 'em hate. We'll love what we love; regardless of who 'hates' it. For as high as the pegasi flies, we'll just keep on rolling.

As for the haters...well, they only have on option.

Spyro+Deal+With+It.png

• Brohoof 2

Personally? I just remind myself that for every couple dozen or so "haters" who have the time to spew vitriol towards people they've never met there is the other 99.9% of people on the internet who don't give a flying buck either way. It makes the haters seem small and insignificant, because they are.

• Brohoof 2

Don't let it get to you. That's the weakness they want.

I just ignore those people. All though sometimes its really really hard to.

If people really hate bronies like that, then they have WAY too much time on their hands.

Honestly, it's not all hate; a lot of it is just trolling for attention. However, there are some legit haters out there...and, just let 'em hate. We'll love what we love; regardless of who 'hates' it. For as high as the pegasi flies, we'll just keep on rolling.

As for the haters...well, they only have on option.

Spyro+Deal+With+It.png

All of this. You don't want to reward bad behavior with attention.

Learning to NOT respond to them is very difficult to do, but is worth the effort.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if there's a video that mentions or references MLP that isn't directly related to it, like if an EDM song was used in one of tiarawhy's many flashes, I usually avoid the comments section because usually someone says "broneez r creepy motherfuckers" or 75% of it is filled with hater comments. i don't pay attention to trolls, and if someone says something to me on a pony video, I ignore them.

• Brohoof 1

I've found when I was first coming to terms with the fact that I loved the show, I was very defensive and self-concious about it, and I took every comment like an attack.

After I became more comfortable with the concept and started being more open and confident about being a Brony (and made a few good friends in the process) I've realized a lot of the comments are people who are just confused or ignorant of the culture. I often hear the same things now that I did when I first started with the show, the only difference is I take these moments as an opportunity to educate them (or just laugh it off because they're missing out) instead of taking it like a personal offense.

An additional plus side to this attitude is that I've found a few other people who are into MLP just by taking these opportunities to discuss the show with the doubters and haters.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on *what* they're hating:

The show/franchise: I really don't care much. I think it's sad that they're closed-minded to the series. However, not everybody can like everything. It just doesn't work that way. I don't let it get to me.

The thought of guys liking something for little girls (which seems to be the general populace's most common view): Now that bothers me. I usually stay quiet anyway, though.

Bronies (for reasons other than what was mentioned above): Then (and you're all going to hate me for this, oh well), I acknowledge and usually agree with many of their points. I used to think positively of the fandom in general, but I can't anymore.

I don't really tend to get hate online, but when I do it is on a game. I tend to let the 'humans' deal with it. The ones that are decent people. And I just continue with the game while being referred to as Hitler for liking a show for little girls.

But meh, in real life at school, I don't really get support from people I thought were friends. Some others though are fine about it. They joke a little, but I know they are joking.

Unfortunately, there is going to be some sort of hate dealing with any kind of community.

Whether it be bronies, a religious group, or a political group.

It honestly makes me a bit angry when I see floods of hate aimed towards bronies and brony-related things. It just frustrates me to think that people could hate something they don't really know anything about.

Personally, I "deal with hate" by just ignoring it. If someone doesn't like me for the interests that I have, then that's their problem. I'm not going to change me likes just to get a positive opinion form you.

• Brohoof 1

I used to think positively of the fandom in general, but I can't anymore.

How come?  Just wondering.

Anyway, expending any mental energy by dwelling on haters is giving them more credit than they deserve.  But I know that's easier said than done.  Hateful comments often depress me as well, but I try to ignore it.

I guess people just want to hate for no reason. There's also the negative influence of how bronies have been portrayed before... so of course some will just hate for no reason other than to follow the trend of hating. Hate spawns hate. 

If i get flak online for being a brony, i just ignore whoever tries giving it to me. They are inconsequential and are not worth my time - it's that simple.

• Brohoof 1

The place I'm at now...  If people want to devote their own time and energy to hate rather than the enjoyment of something...  Let them.  At the end of the day, it's really themselves they're hurting.  Provided, of course, that you don't let them hurt you.  They're generally people hiding behind anonymity and spouting whatever inflammatory nonsense will get them noticed, and they're totally powerless in most cases unless you read their comments and take them to heart.  Personally, I don't bother reading the comments to things like Youtube videos anymore.  Youtube commenters can find something bad to say about a video with a boxful of adorable kittens.  Kittens wearing hats.  That have somehow learned to meow the melody of Beethoven's "Ode to Joy."  It's often the turdiest (not a word, but it feels right) comment that attracts the most attention; dissenting or otherwise.  It's far easier to be hateful than it is to be clever, and the easy route has long since been the trend in internet comments.  Unless someone is physically in your face spouting hate, they're basically just some individual with too much time on their hands and internet access.  That chooses to utilize that too-much-time negatively.  That's their choice; doesn't mean you or anyone else has to be sucked into their web.

• Brohoof 2

I just usually ignore the majority of that shit, to reason to get so upset about something that you really have no control over. just smile and wave ponies, just smile and wave.

• Brohoof 1