Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Step-parents.

ReGen

Do you have any? If do, how do you get along with them? Good? Not good? Are you one yourself? I ask these out of curiosity. I, myself, have two. Of course, I could only have two unless one of my parents believed in polygamy!  :lol:

I don't have step parents, but I guess I have step siblings. My dad remarried a woman who already kids, both younger than me. I like them well enough, but I'm never really sure how I'm suppose to act around them.

They got married when I was like 19, so I never felt I needed to consider her a step parent.

I have a stepdad. He grew up at a military base and got in a lot of trouble as a teenager, so he's usually the more understanding parent when me or my brother gets in to trouble.

I had a stepdad my entire childhood that adopted me. He was the only dad I had, and taught me a lot. Unfortunately he had Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from serving in the Navy Seals during the Vietnam War, so he yelled a whole lot almost all the time and always stomped out peoples' happiness and didn't like much.

I found I was able to get along with him best after I moved out, sadly to say. But then it was too late, he got terminal cancer and passed away in 2012 -.-

I may have two step-parents but I still have a mom that is on vacation to see her half-brother my mom came back to the house way after 12 year's ago she left the family when I was 12 year's old nobody don't want her to be there mom trust me Ive been with my mom she hurted the family her jokes don't make me laugh so trust me here.

My mom might get married to a guy who is a gentlemen when my mom and dad are divorced.

My dad might get a girlfriend one of these day's.

Do you have any? If do, how do you get along with them? Good? Not good? Are you one yourself? I ask these out of curiosity. I, myself, have two. Of course, I could only have two unless one of my parents believed in polygamy!  :lol:

I have a step-dad, and a step-mom.

I live with my mom and step-dad. Once in a while, my dad and step-mom take me out to eat or something.

My step-dad is okay. We have a very love/hate relationship. Sometimes we're at each other's teeth and the tension in the room is high. Other times, we have a peaceful time around each other.

My step-mom is polite. I rarely see her, but she's nice.

my parents have been divorced for years I believe when I was 5 my dad remarried and I have known my step mom since I was 9 I get along with her great she like everypony in my dads side of the family are gamers so getting along with her isn't hard plus she is more of a mother to me then my real mother I don't see her as my mother I see her as my friend and guardian

my best advice to those who have step parents get along with them try to learn what they like and what they don't like maybe you will have something in common also don't think of them as your new mom or dad they don't even want you to think of them as your new parent think of them as your guardian 

I have a step dad due to my mom marrying again after my parents divorce. My dad doesn't seem super interested in remarrying(He actually pretty much had one of those "I hate women" kind of attitudes for a while after my parents divorce lol.) 

I also have a bunch of cousins and other odd relations from my stepdads family. He has 3 daughters, but to say they're my step sisters is kind of weird.. They're all like 30+ish and I'm like 17. So I usually just think of them as aunts or something. 

I also have what would be sort of like a step niece, who is like 1 year older than me, but that's also kind of odd xD. 

So I just refer to her as a cousin, since it's less weird.

But anyways, back to my stepdad, well, we get alone sometimes, and sometimes we don't. We're actually similar in some ways, both of us can be quite sarcastic, and we're both also kinda stubborn. So we get into fights sometimes due to that. 

I guess we get alone ok, not the best, a lot of times he doesn't seem to like me very much, but we have times we get along still, like I said i'm sure it could be worse.

(edited)

I have both a step-mom and a step-dad. I've always been on good terms with both of them, for the most part. We rarely had any major quarrels or anything like that. Haven't seen either of them in over a year, although that's for other reasons. I've known my step-dad a lot more than my step-mom, since I've always lived with my mom and she's married to him.

I know a major issue to those with step-parents is the idea that they aren't your real parents, so it's hard to love them or respect them in the same ways. I completely understand that, and wouldn't fret anyone for feeling that way. But the way I see it, family goes beyond blood. Family to me are those who care for me, raised me; taught me all I know, walked the same road. I know plenty who share my bloodline, yet wouldn't give a flying feather if I passed tomorrow. They never really knew me, and never wanted to. To get crossed like that by my own "family" really shone light on what it really means to be family.

Edited by Mutant X