Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you / Have you ever tried to / make friends?

Tetrakemy

(edited)

Have you ever "tried" to make friends with people? Like go out and look for a new friend like people new dates? 

How do you make friends? 

For me, I never actually tried anything in my life. It just sort of happened....and wham...new friend. 

Edited by Ramsey the Goat
  • Brohoof 1

I met my friends mostly through connections and school activities, and i'm always up to going to a club that is relevant to my interests and making new friends and fangirl over headcanons, but I do not go out actively looking for friends.

Usually I meet friends through similar interests and then discovering said interests and striking up some conversation, then we talk about it more commonly and I guess it ends up as friendship.

I'm not entirely sure really how i make friends, i'm not even entirely sure on the definition of friends. Still I guess that's somewhat accurate.

Alot of my friends I meet online, and they're through sites like this or games I play, or friends of friends I have online, so yeah.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty quiet in real life. Don't talk much, barely ever approach people - not because I'm shy, I just want to get through the day post-20419-0-18894000-1405880891.png

Most of my friends at school were from when I played baseball on our school's team, but I didn't pass the physical this year because of my heart condition and thus, didn't get to play, so I lost a large chunk of friends that way. Yay for shallow people! post-20419-0-62673400-1405880856.png

So yeahh. I don't actively seek out friends in real life, or on here, for that matter. Just sort of happens. 

Just the way I'm wired, I guess :D

• Brohoof 2

To get friends you have to talk to them have some stuff in common if you're shy try to go to alot of place's but if you're to shy try you're very best to go to alot of place's if you can.

I have some friends it took time,You have to know them to get friends.

I have two best friend's.

I have a boyfriend.

You also have to know a person that you want to date or have a crush on,See if they have some stuff in common and they have to be not younger or old to date like let's say if you're 16 and the guy is 20 don't date the 20 year old you can date someone who's around you're age.

(edited)

It just happens,tho i am pretty silent in real life but i wont shut up if you ever get to know me and i become comfortable around you.  :lol:

Regardless of how random my friend making is,i am grateful for the close friends i have made; especially on this forum :)

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to assume you mean friends as in people you hang out with a lot, not just "hey, sup" as you sit in the same classroom or have a small-talk in the office.

I don't know... when i was a kid, it was a lot easier, i suppose. I met my best friends in elementary school by just suggesting we play together - they agreed - and we played together, for like over 18 years straight. 

As for my adult life - it's harder to make connections with more adult people, but i have some. I suppose it's the force of circumstance which played towards my advantage - i got along really well with a friend from college after we were studying together for the finals. We really enjoyed each others' company so we stuck around, ya know?

Basically, you can't force it. You either feel a deeper connection to some people, or you don't.

• Brohoof 1

I try to make friends, but not really in a forceful or extensively active way. It'd be really nice to have another person around besides my partner, to have a friend we can both talk to and who can share in our weirdness. That's why I'm currently looking for people like us.

It's really difficult for me to do so, because I hate confrontation of any time. Even just telling someone that I think they're awesome and I'd like to get to know them makes me fearful. And talking to people I barely know? Makes me SUPER uncomfortable. I feel uncomfortable every moment I'm doing it and I run away sometimes. Stupid contradictory fear! Honestly, I wish I could just get past the awkward stage a lot of the time and skip to the super awesome friendship part. 

Most of the friends I made in the past were just people who came to me whilst I just kind of sat there obliviously, not knowing what sort of appeal they found in my personality, but just letting it happen anyway. It typically happens online and in forums, where I am comfortably able to express myself without my real life shy restraints.

Occasionally, I'm more direct though. It's when a person obviously wants to be my friend, but won't quite make the first move themselves. So I jump in all gung-ho and they typically go for it. When nobody else makes a move, I tend to be the one who initiates things.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I wish I could just get past the awkward stage a lot of the time and skip to the super awesome friendship part.

Tell me about it, soul sister!

I only ever "tried" to make a friend once.  I walked up to a lonely outcast in second grade and asked him straight up if he wanted to be friends.  We didn't stay friends, but it was through him that I met my first lifelong friend, and through that friend that I met all other friends.

Now, my friends live in other states, and as a desperately lonely adult, I have no idea how to make friends.  I have tried everything I can think of, and simply doing things that interest me and hoping friendships will happen naturaly seems like a dead end, for many reasons.  More and more, I feel like the only way I'll ever meet anyone is by walking up to some person sitting by themselves, out of the blue, and asking if they want to be friends, like I did in second grade.  But sadly, that just doesn't wash as adult.  People will think you're a creeper, a sick maniac, that's what they'll think.  And the thought of walking up to someone out of the blue is utterly horrifying.  *sigh*, I don't know what to do.  My only hope seems to be wearing MLP apparel and hoping that bronies will comment on it, and a conversation might start from there.

• Brohoof 1

Eenope  :mellow:

I'm rather awkward and shy IRL, friendships sometimes form when I'm forced into a situation with someone (ie. living together or joint assignments etc.) I've never actively tried to make friends, it just happens, I can't explain it very well :lol:

(edited)

Talk to people. That's atleast how I make friends, since I then have the possibility to talk about interests and see if we have anything in common.

Edited by Guest

I usually just wait around for someone to walk up to me and strike a conversation. I'm rather shy and anxious around strangers. It's usually awkward at the beginning of any friendship for me. I'm not really sure how I've made new friends...I usually just crack a joke to clear the air and see if it goes anywhere. Normally it does. In school I'll try and make a couple friends in every class and then keep to myself.

I also meet people through my sister and her boyfriend. They have some nice friends. On the rare occasion I'll hang out with them, but most of the time I'll keep my distance just because I don't really have anything in common with her group of friends

Ehhh, while I had friends back in my school days, I never really retained them. Even during that time I never really hung out with people as I never really understood the concept.

I guess that's why I don't really have any real life friends with whom I can share interests. Granted, part of that is also simple geography and movement, but part of it is also my fault.

However, I tend to make friends much easier online, and I'm trying to make a better effort at making friends here, if you will.

How I make friends? Just find some random objects and give them names.

I used to be really funny in person and that was my trump card to friends. People would like how foolish or amusing I'd act, but I wouldn't try to be annoying or obnoxious. Other than the humorous approach, like a lot of other people, friends just happen for me.

I guess making friends shouldn't require 100% effort.

I'm just nice to people. Sometimes we become good friends, other times I don't ever see them again. Really depends.

• Brohoof 2

Being as I don't go to college or University, and I work from home in my apartment, and I don't have any friends to begin with, I find it incredibly difficult to meet new people and make friends. 

My social group consists exclusively of people my boyfriend made friends with when he was at college. Aside from that, I have no one. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I do (try) to make friends however I pretty much go with a flow if I get to spend some time with a friendly person I will just look on the positive side and be friendly in general... 

Being as I don't go to college or University, and I work from home in my apartment, and I don't have any friends to begin with, I find it incredibly difficult to meet new people and make friends. 

My social group consists exclusively of people my boyfriend made friends with when he was at college. Aside from that, I have no one. 

You have me.

Hellooonotcreepyatall,huh?!

• Brohoof 1