Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you / Have you ever tried to / make friends?

Tetrakemy

Can't make any friends at my age. In school and as a kid, it was easier, although I had only a few at a time. Kids don't have to worry about bills or higher education or working or taking care of their family or whatever else. In my mid 20s, no one is interested. Everywhere I go it seems like other people already have their friend circle they known for years and are too busy and indifferent to welcome a new face. Add into mix that everyone my age is completely different than me and no, I won't have any friends. I can't make them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really that good at making friends unless I see something they have that I'm into. For example, if someone wears a Sonic the Hedgehog shirt, I'm going to go up to them and talk to them. I'm more like a acquaintance to most, mostly because I don't hang out with anyone besides my actual friends. 

• Brohoof 1

M-make friends? I don't know to be honest. I have no idea how I made my current friends. The friendships just kind of happened. Also, similar interests doesn't make friends as easily as you think it would. 

So how does one go about making friends you ask? Simple. You just give them names, and talk for them. Like this. 

300px-Crazy_Pinkie_S01E25.png

making friends is so much easier urrently then in the past. usually in an event of classroom if i see someone interesting or for the heck of it talk to a random pony about either the event, project or something in the room. it takes alittle courage and be open to whatever may happen if making a friend or not be proud you hsve the courage to take a plunge. that kinda how i made really ccloe friends from doing that. they call you brave if you do this kinda thing and get remebered that way alittle :)

• Brohoof 1

For me yeah making new friends and simply keeping them has proven to be very difficult. If your blessed with a good personality all the better for you not all of us have "appealing" personalities as others I guess. 

Its not easy making friends as you get older or for my case that is. Well I have music as my best friend  :maud:

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldnt say i try to make friends by making them laugh, not deliberately

it just seems to happen ... and people find me funny enough to want to keep around  :wacko:

I dont know wether its a compliment or it means i'm comic relief

• Brohoof 1

I find it easy to speak to people to be completely honest. Being in college, I have to make a friend in class or I start hating the class. I have a ridiculous witty, punny, and sarcastic side and I usually just make jokes to get people laughing and talking in a usually boring and quiet room.

To be honest I didn't try, it just kind of happened.

Even today it still happends based off the efforts and actions of those who are around me. For instance somepony here adds me randomly as a friend, and they talk more with me. Depending on that conversation and how I get to know you will base the proceedings of whether or not this person is consistent enough to be my friend.

I have policies, I have limits, and I have patient lines.

I can't stand those types of people who randomly add me as a friend, just to ask for a favor, or to talk my ear off over petty problems or issues that can easily be resolved, or just too immature for my age. That said though I don't exactly act my age therego the age limits is out the window, I can be friends with someone who's 8yrs old up to over 50yrs old or more lol!

But I guess when a connection is established, usually what follows is, asking if they hang out on skype, have email or failbook (facebook) and if they like to chat on the mic. I actually hate text chatting. Reasons why is because I'm a busy pony, I'm either working on artwork or doing my animation, and it makes it frustrating when I litterally have to put down my pencil and paper, or stop my work in Flash, minimize EVERYTHING, just to respond to a text in my skype or steam messages... It's annoying... If you really want to chat with me 'as a friend' you'd be willing to mic chat with me while I work and respect that I just won't respond for hours on end if your gonna text me.

So overall how I make friends is general based off the actions of the person who wants to befriend me and whether or not I step up to the effort. Simple sum up.

• Brohoof 1