Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Notifications for Quotes and Mentions?

Go to solution Solved by Flutter's lover <3,

(edited)

I've double checked my notification preferences and it all seems ok but I no longer receive notifications for when my posts are quoted or if I'm mentioned. I was wondering if this was a known issue or if others were experiencing something similar?

EDIT: I just got  one through for a mention, but quoted posts have not been notified as of yet :(
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it :)

Edited by Guest

As a quick question to eliminate a possibility, when you are quoted or mentioned in threads, are they in threads you are "subscribed" to or following?

• Brohoof 1

As a quick question to eliminate a possibility, when you are quoted or mentioned in threads, are they in threads you are "subscribed" to or following?

I don't think I'm following any threads and I'm not sure how to subscribe to them either?

I don't think I'm following any threads and I'm not sure how to subscribe to them either?

When you make a post,there's a box who says "Follow this topic?"

You'll probably checked it with your first post on the Applejack Fan Club(i.e.),and,like others said,there's a little bug about following that,sometimes,it makes the notification to not appear,as it happened to me before on those topics but,if I'm not following them,they always notify me when i'm quoted.

At least this is an evaluation from my own experience.

• Brohoof 1

I know you get notified of threads you're quoted in, for topics that you do follow/subscribed to. But you do NOT receive quote notifications for topics you do follow. Which to me is kinda odd...as I'd like to know if I'm quoted in a thread I follow.

If you're not getting a notification for a quote, in a thread you're not following, then it's a bug. However, like I said in my previous statement, if it's in a topic you do follow, you won't get a quote notification. Which is an issue I brought up awhile ago, and asking if there was a possibility of adding such notification for threads you follow and are quoted in. I think the staff were looking into it, and adding it as a notification option.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok so it seems I was following a thread for which I was being quoted :S Didn't realise I knew how to do that to begin with, I've unfollowed said thread and I'm going to see how it goes. Thanks for everyone's help :) Hopefully this sorts it out and if so, sorry to have wasted your time :blush:

EDIT: All seems ok now, thank you again everypony for being so supportive! :)

Edited by Guest

What :Flutterdash: said is correct.

Additionally, , I looked at your notification settings, and it doesn't seem that you have them set to notify you when someone replies to a topic you are following. You do have notifications turned on for quotes, though.

If you want to receive a notification whenever someone replies to a topic you're following, you would need to set your settings appropriately to make that happen. Please keep in mind that you won't receive a notification if you're quoted in a thread you're following.

It sounds like this issue is resolved for you now though, which is awesome :) I'll go ahead and lock this topic.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.