Flow

69 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The only issue I see with using this approach on the episode is that we had already seen Fluttershy retaliate aggressively just a few episodes before this was aired in Putting Your Hoof Down. That sort of inconsistency would have undermined the primary plot element and them in Hurricane Fluttershy which is my favorite Flutters episode. :yay:

Oh so what?  You wouldn't like to see the CMC beat Diamond Tiara just to get her to shut up?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Phenomenal episode. I loved it, and it was refreshing after Putting Your Hoof Down to see Fluttershy herself again.

So many great scenes, especially the one beneath the tree. Super heartwarming. And it was nice seeing RD be so understanding as well.

• 3 months later...

I liked the episode :). I thought it was great when she was training, had a good laugh  :lol:

• 7 months later...

That poll, though.  Fluttershy episodes are always so well-loved. xD  <33

For good reason, too, of course.  Oh this episode is so good.  There's 14 pages of this, it's all been said...the theme, the pacing, the uniquely pony/Equestrian traits, the Fluttershy being fvcking cute...it's all on fleek.  Can only think of one misgiving I have and that's that Flutterbabe increases the wing power by so much more than she'd been shown able to accomplish, like, the day before, and that after training very hard.  But am feeling that can be explained away with the other pegasi being a lil inspired by her and so they flew harder too..  :)

• 2 months later...

This episode BROKE MY HEART!

When fluttershy ran off in embarrassment when she only scored 0.5 wing power and all the ponies teased her and rainbow dash ran after her yelling 'you arent going to quit now are you?' and she turns around crying and says 'YES'

my

.......heart,, hURTS

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Scumfire...just...plain scum.

I just rewatched the episode, I never noticed Spitfire just watched. Like are you kidding me.

The Wonderbolts are truly the most talented and most useless flyers in all of Equestria.

Edited by Sapphire Shadow
  • Brohoof 1

I just rewatched the episode, I never noticed Spitfire just watched. Like are you kidding me.

The Wonderbolts are truly the most talented and most useless flyers in all of Equestria.

I know, it's a little unnerving to know Spitfire would have just sorta let Cloudsdale go without water because of...whatever reason she was just watching. From what I recall, they clearly stated that only a little more flight power would have done it. If Fluttershy's flight speed would generate enough power, Spitfire's most certainly would. >.>

I know, it's a little unnerving to know Spitfire would have just sorta let Cloudsdale go without water because of...whatever reason she was just watching. From what I recall, they clearly stated that only a little more flight power would have done it. If Fluttershy's flight speed would generate enough power, Spitfire's most certainly would. >.>

It was five wingpower. While Dash had 16 at that time, I suppose Spitfire had about 20. I also like how she already watched when they all crashed the first time, like just calmly watching her hometown possibly running without water for a year like... "Yeah, that happened."

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Truly a timeless episode to me. The action, intensity and how Fluttershy overcome her fears makes this episode always so great to look back into. There are really some of the best moments of Fluttershy here!

• Brohoof 1

Magnificent. Such a simple, even cheesy story of overcoming your insecurities - but executed near-flawlessly, with every emotional beat in the right place, and such rich characterization. The way the actual water moving scene holds on until the last second for Fluttershy to finally join in, protesting all the meantime that she won't make a difference, is just so tense, and even when Fluttershy finally joins, there's a moment of insecurity before she pushes forward. It's all the little touches here that make the difference: Fluttershy's face when she pushes her way through a clearly strenuous workout, her sputtering when she learns her improvement is still not even to 5.0 wing power, how she is still flying determinedly in circles when the water makes it to Cloudsdale... this show just doesn't get any more satisfying than this. And of course Rainbow Dash is the best she's ever been, speaking to Fluttershy on her own level and being encouraging and supportive, always catching herself when she goes to far. The character nuance, the warm message, the extremely tight pacing... it's no wonder that this is a fan favourite. 

Also, I'm pretty sure that there's some rule which would prevent Spitfire from joining, perhaps because she needs to observe the hurricane for safety, but if Fluttershy hadn't been enough, there's probably a good chance she would have joined the third attempt. I mean, this *is* a pretty important task. 

Score:

Entertainment: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Themes: 10/10

Story: 10/10

Overall: 100/100

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
(edited)

I enjoyed this episode. The wing power numbers seemed strange. It seems like each pegasus should average one.

Fluttershy is a great flyer when she needs to be. I liked the montage with an improvement that...probably really wasn’t much of an improvement. She clearly wasn’t at her best in that first test. It’s pretty realistic though.

As for Spitfire. I do believe she should have joined in. The task seemed to be more important than Ponyville pride. 

Also, I thought Rainbow Dash lived in Cloudsdale. Should she be part of this contest? It seems like Cloudsdale would have its own event. Maybe since the water is going to Cloudsdale, the pegasi each pick what city or town below they want to represent.

Edited by Meushell

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 6/29/2018 at 1:06 AM, Meushell said:

Also, I thought Rainbow Dash lived in Cloudsdale. Should she be part of this contest? It seems like Cloudsdale would have its own event. Maybe since the water is going to Cloudsdale, the pegasi each pick what city or town below they want to represent.

I always figured she had moved to Ponyville by that point, and if I recall, later episodes make that clear. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1

On 7/8/2018 at 4:20 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I always figured she had moved to Ponyville by that point, and if I recall, later episodes make that clear. 

That’s probably it. It just threw me off as I thought she lived in Cloudsdale, but close enough to be minutes away from Ponyville.

• 2 weeks later...

This episode is a masterpiece. It takes an old story, and does it to near perfection. Fluttershy's fears feel real and you really root for her. There may not be a lot of comedy, but that doesn't really matter for an episode like this. It has other things to hold it up.

The only thing I don't like is Spike but that's so minor it doesn't even matter.

Score: 10/10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah. This episode is fantastic. It could be argued that it's melodramatic, but I don't think so. I think it has the exact right amount of drama. It's incredibly engaging, all of the characters are great, and there are a couple jokes there too.

Score: 10/10

• 3 months later...

. .. ..all right, so in this episode fluttershy is demonstrated as being an extremely weak and slow flier; unable even to win a game of tug-of-war against a kaleidoscope of butterflies.  yet in "return of harmony" she was able to chase down rainbow dash while towing a balloon full of ponies. HoW?  granted the balloon, unlike the butterflies, was not actively pulling back, but still. . . ..also rainbow dash is shown to be one of the fastest fliers; keeping up with her should be rather difficult, right? so how was it the that fluttershy had no trouble doing so when the two of them were chasing down applejack while pulling a coach with pinkie pie, rarity, and twilight sparkle?  should there not have been a scene with rainbow dash  exasperated because they have to stop to give fluttershy a break?

toutlemonde:  who even gives a randy rodent's rump?😝😝😝

<<meh😒>> c'est vrai.

2 hours ago, okapillon said:

. .. ..all right, so in this episode fluttershy is demonstrated as being an extremely weak and slow flier; unable even to win a game of tug-of-war against a kaleidoscope of butterflies.  yet in "return of harmony" she was able to chase down rainbow dash while towing a balloon full of ponies. HoW?  granted the balloon, unlike the butterflies, was not actively pulling back, but still. . . ..also rainbow dash is shown to be one of the fastest fliers; keeping up with her should be rather difficult, right? so how was it the that fluttershy had no trouble doing so when the two of them were chasing down applejack while pulling a coach with pinkie pie, rarity, and twilight sparkle?  should there not have been a scene with rainbow dash  exasperated because they have to stop to give fluttershy a break?

A wizard did it :D

More seriously, it would appear Fluttershy's problem isn't so much sheer power, as confidence and motivation, as is usual for her. her best wingpower number probably wouldn't be much different from the average pegasus pony (although the WP of even your average pegasus is still insanely high).  We see time and again that a confident, determined Fluttershy is a completely different matter, and here we are shown repeatedly that Flutters is being hampered by her own lack of confidence, not innate ability.