Flow

69 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I thought this episode would be a dud, but it was amazing! I loved everything about this episode,

the only thing i would of liked t hear though would be more lines from Chunky

rather than just "YEERRRAAAAHHHH" lol Or is that the answer to the the world?

But i've got a plan for the fluttershy training montoge, It reminded me so much of karate kid, i think i'm going to

fit that in with the song Your the Best Around by Joe Esposito haha, lets just hope i can get it out before someone else does XD

• Brohoof 1

Posted some quick thoughts on my Tumblr, I'll just share them here as well.

EDIT: Actually, don't want to drop a bunch of spoilers in a "speculation" thread. I'll post these thoughts elsewhere. Hope I didn't spoil the show for anypony.

Edited by Kraznor

In this episode, there is a pony named Cloud Chaser.

Cloud Chaser

That was my thought exactly! Good 'ol Strong Hooves.

The writers probably don't, but it's a cool thought that maybe they surf these forums and pick up some ideas.

Sorry if this is too long and disorganized, but I posted some gut reactions on my Tumblr and just want to share them here too.

- Opening “I’d like to be a tree” follow-up gag was amazing

- Really glad they are further developing the backgrounds of the characters. That little bit of taunting at flight camp brought back some unpleasant track meet memories.

- The dynamic between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash is a nice one. Known each other a long time but very different personalities. Nice to see Rainbow Dash being genuinely compassionate here and there, wanting Fluttershy to succeed but recognizing that she was being a bit forceful in her pleading. Basically, thumbs up for character development.

- The notion that ponies watch educational films brings great joy to me AND establishes Pony cinema in the canon.

- I did enjoy the “Steroid Pony”, though I feel they maybe dropped that gag one too many times over the course of the episode. Still, bet we’ll be seeing him in some memes and such.

- Derpy was totally there. Was celebrating post-Tornado.

- Ah yes, the idea of a Pegasi-driven Tornado was cool. Great, fantastical spectacle.

- Twilight Sparkle getting to drop some Pony-science in there.

So yeah, really liked this week’s episode. Only three of the Mane6 involved, but that seemed natural. Oh, so the official town library is Twilight’s house? That kind of threw me for a loop. Is she basically a student in residence?

• Brohoof 1

Oh, so the official town library is Twilight’s house? That kind of threw me for a loop. Is she basically a student in residence?

Watch the first episode again. Princess Celestia arranged for Twilight to stay at the library - it was never her house.

Overall, this was a good episode. I especially love the tree gag at the beginning, I do wonder if that was made for continuity purpose, or did they just make that up on the spot?

I must say, watching the episode again, I am extremely impressed with Rainbow Dash. I have always felt least connected to her because she is essentially a "jock" and I was terrible at athletic events. But in this episode, her element of loyalty really shines through.

Throughout the episode, it seems that Spike is oblivious to the feelings of Fluttershy - he seems much more focused on Rainbow Dash breaking the record. But it becomes clear that breaking the record isn't everything to Rainbow Dash. When Fluttershy gives up, Spike tries to reassure RD that she still has enough wing power to break the record but RD barely seems to care - she is more concerned at that moment of lifting Fluttershy out of her depression, not lifting up water.

Then later, when she is told she is clearly NOT going to break the record, Spike asks RD if she wants to pack it in. RD basically says screw the record, Cloudsdale needs water. I believe this showed great integrity.

Once they achieved the objective, Rainbow Dash was good enough to recognize Fluttershy's contribution. In the past, I think RD's cockiness has rubbed some bronies the wrong way but this episode clearly shows what a good pony she is. She reminds me of the time I somehow managed to throw a 3-pointer in a game of basketball (only points I scored the whole game). This one guy came over and hugged me completely overjoyed. This guy was a very good player and I thought my contribution to the game was miniscule and yet he was elated that I managed to contribute. Watching this episode reminded me of that moment. It reminded me that I can be best friends with a jock, long as that jock is like Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash, I salute you!

• Brohoof 15

Rainbow Dash, I salute you!

I wish that I could brohoof this post a thousand times. I just wanted to post and say that I agree 120% with everything that you wrote.

I hope that this episode goes a long way towards silencing the RD haters who say that she is just a stereotypical dumb jock.

• Brohoof 2

I really liked that episode.

-Fluttershy was a tree... continuity!

-Spike wasn't helping at all in the episode, and it was hilarious.

-Rainbow passed up the record with no problem, and I thought the episode would be about the record.

-Chunky was one of the best parts of the episode.

-Im gonna add parts of this episode to my: Saddest Moments list.

• Brohoof 2

I've noticed that the white screaming pegasis on steroids,had very tiny wings. I had thought "How will he be able to fly,on those itty bitty winglets? "

i wonder if this was a referance to steroid users largly getting so big to make up for SOMETHING being too small :lol:
  • Brohoof 2

This episode meant a lot to me personally. When I was much younger, I went through a traumatic experience much like the one Fluttershy went through. It caused me to have very low confidence in everything I did, and had to go to therapy for it 10 years later. Within those 10 years, I never truly talked about it, and ultimately suppressed it, and made made it much worse. After going through therapy for 2 months, I now see it as something that has happened and feel so much better about myself. I feel like I'm noticing not only do I have a lot in common with Fluttershy, but everyone has a part of them that reminds them of Fluttershy.

Watch the first episode again. Princess Celestia arranged for Twilight to stay at the library - it was never her house.

Yeah, guess I just missed that detail. Assumed she was just an avid reader and book collector or something.

RD: "Hey twilight, wonder if its okay for me to have a couple friends over at the library tonight."

Twilight: "Sure that's fine, just a couple should be okay."

*Entire third of population shows up

-after the briefing-

Twilight: "WHY did you invite ONE HUNDRED PEGASI to my house in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?"

RD: "You had a projector."

also, did anyone else see Bon-Bon as a pegasus?

16:13 I think it was.

Edited by jwutheheadcase
  • Brohoof 2

-Rainbow passed up the record with no problem, and I thought the episode would be about the record.

Yup, I was certain that the episode was going to end with Fluttershy joining in and excelling, causing them to break the record.

Still a predictable episode, but an enjoyable one nonetheless.

How could Ragin Steroid Pegasus even fly with those itty bitty tiny wings?

I read that in AppleJack's voice XD and I was thinking the same think when I first saw him

The muscleman pony, (come on, Beefcake is an obvious name) was awesome. I hope he makes more appearances in the future.

Was also interesting seeing part of what makes Fluttershy shy. I can see that "Fluttershy is a tree" fad being stretched further with Fluttershy being disguised as a tree for a few seconds. The eyeball scene is begging to be slowmo'd and set to horror music, and the montage to Guile's theme.

So many little things build this up to be an awesome episode.

• Brohoof 2