1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

How did I never post in this thread the first time around?  This episode was a triumph!  One of the all-time greats.  So courageous and heart-warming.  Fluttershy's experience with being bullied was heartbreaking, and watching her overcome it was wonderful.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is my all-time favorite episode in all of My little pony! I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this episode, and that it just never gets old to me. From the story, to the characters, the theme, emotions, the premise, and all the other amazing details, I absolutely love this episode, and I think it is the epidemy of what made this show so great.

Starting with the premise and the story, I loved how it was both engaging and world building. We finally got more insight into how the pegsi actually control the weather, and what some of the moving parts are to that. The fact that Cloudsdale needs ground-dwelling pegasi to get the water it needs is such an interesting concept, and it served as a good explanation for how the cloud city gets it's water supply. Then add this interesting premise to the great story and the heart-felt theme. Fluttershy, a pegasus not known for her flying skills, having to get over her fear and anxiety to help her fellow pegasi is a genius story, and it really helps that it was executed in an outstanding way. The emotions that were built throughout the episode helped to build up to an extremely satisfying conclusion. Watching this story play out is an all around amazing experience.

Then we have the characters: absolutely amazing! Starting with Fluttershy, this episode showed amazing development in her character, for it showed that she is able to tackle her fears to help out her friends. It also showed that she did, in fact, care about helping Rainbow Dash, for she chose to come along and train to help her out. It was when she observed her own lack of flight skills when she left, out of embarrassment. But then she tried again, trained herself, and came back to training the next day. She is once again utterly devastated when her number is still small, and feels like she's a disappointment to Rainbow and her fellow pegasi. All this emotion culminates in the final act when Fluttershy decides to help the pegasi, when all hope seems lost, despite her fears. Seeing her pull it off, and succeed in reaching the optimal wingpower was incredibly satisfying and heart-warming. The fact that she still pulls through, despite her anxiety, showed that helping out her friends was her top priority, and it's an amazing moment for her character.

Then there was Rainbow Dash, who showed to be a very caring friend. She doesn't care how fast Fluttershy is, she just wants to help her friend defeat her anxiety. Her character was portrayed in an absolutely amazing sense throughout the story, because it showed determined she was, both to create the tornado, and to help Fluttershy. Then at the end, after Fluttershy helped save the tornado, Rainbow gives her honor rather than her self. It was an amazing act of compassion and humility, and one of the best moments for Rainbow's character.

I'd then like to wrap up by mentioning how well it was all put together. It was able to hit hard with the emotions in a really good way, which is perfect for a heart-felt episode like this one. Also, the focus on pegasi is well appreciated. Pegasi are often given the short end of the stick, so it was great to see them get so much development in this episode. Seeing them succeed in the end truly showed the amazing things the pegasi could accomplish with teamwork and determination. I do really wish that they were shown in this good light more often. Plus, all the new background pagasi this episode added was just great. 

So with this all being said, I'm going to give this episode an outstanding 10/10!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely, one learns so much about the pony world from this episode alone. We see spitfire again. We meet some ponys for the first time, who will reappear later.  We have a reference to a season one episode. I consider "Over a barrel" one of weaker episodes of season one, but this reference is great. I had laughed out very loudly, when I saw it the first time, and second time I still had to laugh.

And all this is just on the side dish. The center pieces here are Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I love her interaction here. I love how Fluttershy grows out and make at the end this small little difference to archieve the goal. This episode likes to be a great one and it really really is.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this episode. Everyone can make a difference. I was curious as to why Spitfire didn't join them though if they needed extra wing power. I thought Fluttershy would have had her winged birds and animals join in, and make the record with that extra wing power. I quite loved it though. The tornado was really interesting to see. Good character development. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Fluttershy episodes have followed somewhat of a similar formula so far, so I found this one quite refreshing.

I did find it pretty interesting that the pegasi need to transfer the rainwater to Cloudsdale. In that sense, I thought the world building was actually pretty good.

Fluttershy's progression was very fun to watch. I honestly got a huge kick out of the training montage. Her characterisation as a whole was fantastic and RD worked amazingly as a supporting character.

What I love most about this is that you don't need to know anything about FiM to get this episode. Character struggles at something and needs to train to get better. After failure, they eventually pull through with flying colours. It's a simple story that just works.

Really enjoyed this one. I'd say that this is my favourite Fluttershy episode. :)

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Hurricane Fluttershy is a good plot episode for me, it's just that the name Hurricane Fluttershy episode doesn't make sense at all even though the story is good enough for me, because according to or officially by the WMO (The World Meteorological Organization), the hurricane is a weather scale that  a large and hurricane is a serious severe weather and serious storm, and a natural disaster.  Hurricanes must widen at least about 300 miles or more, even bigger like Typhoon Tip which is the largest hurricane in the world with a width of 2220 km.  Hurricanes must be classified if sustained wind speeds have reached 74 mph.  Hurricane Patricia is one that reached the peak of the world's fastest sustained wind speed record, which is 215 mph.  Moreover, the name of a pony or other creature character that is associated with severe weather and natural disasters, means that the name of the pony or other creature character means that it is not true and in fact it is quite bad or dangerous for Equestria.  It's better to have an alternative name for that Hurricane Fluttershy episode. 

• 2 months later...

Maybe this episode takes the cake for me because it hits home pretty hard. Even when you don't matter, there's always someone out there who cares for you. Fluttershy working with her animals to train is adorable and I love the whole process of how this episode unfolded. Fluttershy episodes are always the most relatable for me, personally.

• 1 month later...

Hurricane Fluttershy is another episode focusing on Flutters crippling social anxiety and shyness. In this one, she doesn't learn how to stand up for her self, but how everyone, even her little meekness, can help save the day. I think Spitfire should've helped before Flutters, and after even the captain of the Wonderbolt help doesn't achieve the speed needed, *then* Flutters could've swooped in and help pushed the Pegasi Tornado to the top.

Otherwise, the training montage was pretty good, real Rocky vibe. Flutters trauma flashback was heartbreaking, poor little thing :( But again, those super long legs are kinda weird on her, she really grew into them.

6.5/10, pretty average episode, not good, not bad, only Flutters.

• 3 months later...

Yeahh this episode really hits home, i can relate a lot to Fluttershy, the anxiety, the childhood bullying, trying your best and still failing in the end, ouch.

I forgot how great this episode is, this and SisterHooves Social are such well done episodes that some people can easily relate, i love that they didn't go with something simple like "oh after training she finally got good" and went with "even if she tried her best, she still wasn't perfect."