Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Average Everyday Canterlot Romance

BionicBrony

(edited)

OOC

Quillina Script was a famous pony. She was one of Equestria's top published writers, the scribe to Princess Luna herself, a gambler, a bit of a storyteller, and a recluse. She didn't normally got outside of the castle where she lived, which was something that was considered odd for her. Yet Quillina was famous, and she tended to be force sent out to go places.

Today was one of those days. Luna had given her the day off and effectively pushed her out the castle gates. Quillina was jumpy and nervous, as usual, and shew as casually walking down the streets of Canterlot, constantly shooting glances left and right.

Edited by BionicBrony

@@BionicBrony,The crisp morning air of Canterlot wafted up my nostrils. Today was a going to a good day, something in the air, perhaps. Toying with a small barrette holding up my voluminous rose red beehive, I trotted down the busy, city street glancing at all the passing ponies. Some had serious expressions plastered on their face, looking as if they would get fired if they didn't stare at everything like they had some sort of grudge on it. Others laughed and beamed with foal-like joy and gay abandon. The sound of hooves pounding on the pavement was barely audible of the excited chatter of all, wondering what adventures may await them in the grand city of Canterlot. I am happy to call this place my home and it will never fail to lift my spirits when I see the carefree smiles and laughs thrown throughout the city. Ponies forgetting their problems makes me forget about my own gripes. Lost in my dizzying thoughts I crashed into a wall. Only the wall was fluffy, and breathing. Oh dear! I'd crashed into another pony!

"My, I'm very sorry!" I stuttered.

I turned to look at the pony who'd crashed into me, and I shook my head a little. My saddlebag slid down my shoulders, as well as the cloak that disguised who I was. A little bit of panic overtook me as I tried frantically to reposition the bag on my shoulders before he saw who I was. It wasn't that I was ashamed of who I was, but most ponies who saw the royal scribe, or knew I worked in the castle, would never leave me alone. I was more worried about being assaulted by the Canterlot ponies to go places and never be left alone, rather than meeting them. Of course, meeting new ponies never sat well with me, but it wasn't like I was antisocial, at least, so I thought.

"I-It's fine!" I stammered back, trying to get the hood on. If he saw my cutie mark, I was done in for fancy tea parties and derbies that never ended!

The pony quickly refastened her cloak, rushing like there was no tomorrow. Wait, a minute, that cutie mark rang a bell! I could swear i've  seen it before. It was identical to that of... Princess Luna's scribe. No I must be seeing things... but what if it was the scribe? I had to know! I put up a firm hoof.

"Wait one second. I want to see your cutie mark. I recognize it from somewhere,"

I completely froze, not able to focus as this random pony recognized my cutie mark. I stopped looking at him and I looked back, then I realized it would be rude if I did anything other than show him. Condmeming myself to senseless months of being tortured by Canterlot royalty, I slowly lifted my cloak up, revealing my trademark quill-and-ink pen cutie mark.

"Y-yes?"

• Brohoof 2

"Ah hah! Luna's scribe herself!" I say at the top of my lungs. I wink at her jokingly.

"I have a keen eye if I don't say so myself!" I say, happy with myself. I continued on obliviously.

"We must meet up again sometime, tell me all about your interesting life," I smiled.

My entire body goes rigid as he recognizies me. This was exactly what I dreaded; being recognized. It was probably not a good idea wearing a robe the color of her mane and a saddlebag with her cutie mark on it, but it was all I had and I assumed some ponies would just think I bought them at a place. Just my luck someone recognized me.

"S-sure..." I stammer out, wincing a bit when he yells at me, "W-when?"

I smile, happy that she'd taken my request. It was ever so kind of her, considering how busy she must be.

"Great! Perhaps we can meet up at the restaurant on Greens street," I pause.

"What's the name again, erm, ah! That's right, Union," I chuckle. 

"How's tomorrow sound to you?"

I looked down, nervous and knowing that Luna would probably say yes. In reality, I was busy, but I had so many breaks itw as almost not funny, and there were some things that were prnicess ears only.

"Sounsd good!" I say quickly. I want to be nice, but I'm also petrfied at this point.

"I'll be there when I can. Probably about sundown, that's about when I wake up."

"I'll meet you there!" I say merrily. I glance around, realizing we had come to a complete standstill in a busy crowd. 

"I'll get out of your mane now, I have to run a few errands," I smile before trotting off with a spring in my step.

OOC: Really sorry for the late replies :P, I've been really busy lately

The stallino finally left, giving me a moment to breath. I turned and hastily rushed down the streets of Canterlot, hurrying through my errands. Now I'd have to wake up not only early, but quickly to get ready and be out, before the sun had set! I was nocturnal, due to being with Luna, so this was rather interesting for me.

I turned around and headed off, secretly hoping tommorow would come. I won't deny it, something about that mare caught my eye.  Perhaps it was her shy demure, that wisp of mysteriousness or her plain adorableness, I wasn't going to let a chance like this slip away.

-The following day-

I started my usual rounds about the castle that night, secretly finishing all chores and little tidbits of special things I normally did for Luna early. I was tired, mainly because I had to get up almost four hours before I normally did to make this date with the mysterious stallion. I sighed and pulled on my cloak and hoof, put on my saddle bags, then began trotting out of the castle, waving at the royal guard. I strolled down the streets of the city, hiding my identity. Although one stallion may have recognized me, I didn't want for another to. I made my way to the area the pony wanted me to be at, and I stopped, sitting down and awaiting for his arrival.

I trot down Greens street with a bounce in my step. I honestly wasn't all that excited about hearing about the mare's life as a scribe,I was more interested in the mare herself. I approached the restaurant, the vague silhouette of the mare visible. I give an over-enthusiastic wave and grin from ear to ear.

In my mind, my first thoguht was 'he is actually kinda..cute.' but I dismissed that alien thought quickly. I was more tired than I was awake, so thinkingstraight wasn't exactly giong to be happening at this hour. I raised my hoof in reply and smiled, "Hello." I called, "Here I am..." I trailed off again, not sure what to say.

I plop myself down in the seat across from the little mare cheerily.I murmured. Sunlight glinted off the glossy, polished tabletop. I raised. a hoof to my chin.

"That's funny, I don't think I caught your name" I murmured. That's weird, I could have sworn she'd told me in the street...

"...you don't remember my name?" I whispered, so quietly he couldn't hear. Instead I raised my voice as I shed the cloak and showed him my cutie mark again, and then pulled the hood down so he was able to see me again. Smiling, I forced myself to be happy, "It's me....Quililna."