Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Looking for artists to help with a tribute video

Tone Shift

(edited)

Hiya. I'm currently throwing together a tribute video for someone I lost a ways back, and I figured I'd use the OC's I made of us. The more pics the better, so don't think that if someone posts a pic that you can't.

Here's a picture that shwos off our OC's.

img-2883946-1-dn7Xolh.png

In case you are wondering, I'm the green one, Stinging Nettle, and the white one is Twinkling Swallow. Please note, that Any pictures with Swallow should not have a cutie mark. Nettle never got to see it. Nettle can have his cutie mark, which is a red quill with a tear coming out of the tip.

Something to keep in mind...

If they are with each other in a frame, they need to be young, maybe a bit older than the CMC.

A bit of back story to help out:

Stinging nettle fell in love with Twinkling Swallow at a young age. It was no crush, he legitimately loved her. When he finally confessed his emotions to her, she turned him down. She didn't feel the same way. Shortly after, she moved to Canterlot with her parents. A few years passed with Nettle and Swallow sending letters back and forth before Nettle suddenly stopped receiving letters. He hasn't heard from her since that day. It's been almost two years since they lost contact. He has begun to grieve periodically.

Thanks in advance for any artwork posted. I would deeply and truly appreciate it.

EDIT: I suppose I wasn't quite as clear as I should have been. As I mentioned above, I am making a video. This video is my only way of paying my respects to someone who I lost almost 2 years ago. This person meant the world to me, and I want to do something as special as I can. But with my profound lack of artistic talent, I can't do it myself. That's why I made this thread. I want to make sure I show how much I miss her.

To those who have drawn or are in the process of drawing for this, you have more gratitude from me than you know.

Thank you.

Edited by Skijarama

Thank you very much. I appreciate it, really.

Just as a reminder, it is perfectly okay for multiple people to send stuff in.

Again, Thank you.

(edited)

Ill see if i have time today to draw them!

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

EDIT For artists: If you're looking for some ideas on what sort of situation to draw the characters in, there's a fanfic you can read for some inspiration.

Story link: A Beautiful Swallow

Edited by Skijarama

(edited)

Hello, I know you didn't ask, but let me know if you are looking for music to go with this video, I play the violin and I can send you bits of the piece as I am creating it so you can make sure it's heading in the right direction.

I play the violin and can compose something for this, if you could tell me stuff like:

-The Length of the video

-Give me examples of pictures featured so I can get a feel for it

-What you want it to be about, the emotions you want it to reflect, at the moment I assume you want it to be sad, almost depressing, a feeling like there is no hope for the majority of the piece and maybe an upward turn at the end, not like they break out in song and dance but like there is a light at the end of the tunnel

You may not know any of these but even a rough answer could be useful but I don't have to have an answer but it would probably help, or you may already have the music but if you're interested let me know.

;)

Here is an example of my work https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjAky4tKvR6pDN01MBZRaeA/videos

Edited by Crimson Strings