Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Digimon fans?

I couldn't find a thread about this but I was wondering if anypony else liked/likes Digimon? As a kid this was my favourite show, I preferred the show over the Pokemon series actually (I love Pokemon too by the way ) . I thought about this as my sister mentioned that she's not surprised I like MLP seeing as I was such a huge Digimon fan. I can kind of see it:  a group of friends, each with a defining trait which unlocks a hidden power, the crests = the elements? Anyways, I was a huge fan of Adventure 01 and I later came to appreciate Adventure 02. Sora and Tai were my favourite of the original Digidestined, (Kari became my Adventure 02 favourite)  Agumon and Gatomon were my favourite Digimon. 

This was one of the coolest things when i first saw it :D

Oh yeah.......watched the first to the third series, then after that, it went downhill.  Tamers was my favorite though

I haven't watched it in so long... But I still feel Digimon should have been more popular... Ironically, it was Pokemon that signed its death warrant :P Capturing creatures & fighting with them just isn't the same without Pokemon slapped across the cover... Still, I feel Digimon was like, the more badass version of Pokemon :P

• Brohoof 1

DIGI ARMOR ENERGIZE 

Digimon was MY SHOW. I remember watching the first episode. I went to go watch the movie, had the games, had my own digivice.
I loved digimon. I watched up to Generation Four, because then I think it went downhill. I absolutely adore Pokemon, but I think Digimon was a much better anime.

• Brohoof 3

I absolutely adore Pokemon, but I think Digimon was a much better anime.

This so much... I like Pokemon Anime, but they will NEVER hold up compared to Digimon... I mean, you never see Pikachu having a sword & cannon arm in HIS movies, now do you?

• Brohoof 2

This so much... I like Pokemon Anime, but they will NEVER hold up compared to Digimon... I mean, you never see Pikachu having a sword & cannon arm in HIS movies, now do you?

Digimon was like the hardcore brother of Pokemon lol

• Brohoof 6

I haven't watched it in so long... But I still feel Digimon should have been more popular... Ironically, it was Pokemon that signed its death warrant :P Capturing creatures & fighting with them just isn't the same without Pokemon slapped across the cover... Still, I feel Digimon was like, the more badass version of Pokemon :P

Saying you were a Digimon fan at my school was a death warrant too :lol: I preferred that it wasn't about catching animals for personal gain, rather more a fight with friends against evil :)

DIGI ARMOR ENERGIZE 

Digimon was MY SHOW. I remember watching the first episode. I went to go watch the movie, had the games, had my own digivice.

I loved digimon. I watched up to Generation Four, because then I think it went downhill. I absolutely adore Pokemon, but I think Digimon was a much better anime.

I think I love you :lol:

I love how they always went : "DIgi Armor Ener....GIZE" I dragged my dad to the cinema for the movie, he's not forgotten! I still have a warp-digivolving Gabumon figure, its my pride and joy :)

And exactly, definitely a better anime!

I think I love you   I love how they always went : "DIgi Armor Ener....GIZE" I dragged my dad to the cinema for the movie, he's not forgotten! I still have a warp-digivolving Gabumon figure, its my pride and joy   And exactly, definitely a better anime!

I thought they did that because they had to lip-sync to the original Japanese Animation.

By the way, my favorite generation (as my sister and I always called it) or adventure was the third one. I loved it so much.

Though Davis and Veemon were two of my favorite characters overrall.  :yay: 

I recently rewatched the entire series on netflix, which was super fantastic.

(edited)

So I heard you like Digimon? Well guess what? So do I. I like it enough that I'm watching Digimon Fusion...yeah DigiFuse! lol but seriously I grew up watching those digital monsters

Edited by Scarlet Letter

I thought they did that because they had to lip-sync to the original Japanese Animation.

By the way, my favorite generation (as my sister and I always called it) or adventure was the third one. I loved it so much.

Though Davis and Veemon were two of my favorite characters overrall.  :yay: 

I recently rewatched the entire series on netflix, which was super fantastic.

It was indeed :lol: 

I never saw the third one? I might have to check it out, thats usually the one people mention as being the last decent series. I hated Davis at first, then i realised he was awesome :yay: 

Thats great, I did something similar in my last year of uni :lol:

Saved the best for last ;)

You know something else I just thought of... Digimon (& to be fair most of the capturing-monsters-to-fight) animes were one of the rare cases of an anime without overloading on the dialogue, something I see many people first getting into anime complaining about... It kept up a decent amount of action from episode to episode ^^

(edited)

Thats very true, it was rather simple in that department but still managed to have some real moments in there (Izzy talking about being adopted, Matt and TK's parents divorcing..) And the action was still awesome :D

Edited by Guest

BY GOD I love "Digimon: Digital Monsters" to absolute DEATH! Really, back when the first season was showing, Digimon was to me then what MLP is to me now. I mean, I loved the HELL out of that show.

And funny thing is that I was one of the few who did at my school. I mean most everyone else who was following such programs was more into Pokemon; especially a friend of mine who always claimed that Digimon was a ripoff of Pokemon. Golly neds that always made me mad. XD

But yeah, I adored Tai and Agumon. Hell, I even made an old fan site back in the day. It was called...CoolDigi I believe...my god what a name. XD

Godz, so many memories. I didn't care for seasons 2 & 3, but I really liked Frontier. Haven't really kept up since then...

I loved digimon when I was a kid, possibly even more than Pokemon. Season 3 was my favourite, I suppose I liked the idea that things were happening in the real world and the plot actually mattered on a larger scale. The characters were also written pretty well looking back, going through a fair bit of development throughout the series.

I remember Joe being my favourite character in season one, can't remember why though... I might rewatch season 1 next week and see how well its aged.

• 2 months later...

Man, growing up with Fox Kids in the 90's, ya had to love Digimon!  seasons 1-3 were great (kinda seen season 4, but haven't finished it).  

Oh, and guess what?  Digimon is coming back for 2015!  And it's going back to the characters from seasons 1-2!

You know you were raised in the 90's if you can still sing along to these songs...

• Brohoof 1

I've enjoyed the show.  I've mainly seen episodes from season 1-3 and 5.  Saw the first episode of 4 and the fan subtitled season 6 I think it was.  Didn't like those much.

I was the biggest fan of this show back in the day. Even after I left for the Air Force back in 2004, I still found the time to record season 4. I actually just found out that season 6 is on Netflix, in English, but I guess times change. There's something boring and childish about the show that would have appealed to be 10 years ago, but doesn't now. Oh well......guess I'll always have the memories of liking the show.

So I heard you like Digimon? Well guess what? So do I. I like it enough that I'm watching Digimon Fusion...yeah DigiFuse! lol but seriously I grew up watching those digital monsters

Did you know? Scarlet Letter that the same Digimon  series before Digimon  Fusion  was called  XROS-WARS also known in japan as Digimon Crosswars with Shoutmon !

Angemon was my favorite Digimon too, he was just so powerful.  I wish he'd shown up a lot more in the series.

I can't wait for the new series, I just hope we get to see a lot more of Angemon and the rest of the original 8 Digidestined Digimon :D

I love the first 3 seasons, but I can't watch the english dub anymore. All the puns kill me. They see a mammothmon, and a guy from a car shouts, "I bet that guy has a lot of trunk space!" in fear. *Hits forehead* As a kid, this was amazing, but now I have to watch the japanese dub. It removes the puns and replaces it with depth. lol And don't get me started on that transformation music.  :wub:

• 4 months later...

I've been a DigiGal since the show first came out. While I liked PokeMon, Digimon was my favorite. I just enjoyed the characters, the digimon, the transformation scenes, the story, everything! Out of all the Digimon characters, Sora and Biyomon are my favorite cuz they're awesome. And my favorite digimon of all time is definitely Garudamon, Biyomon's Ultimate/Perfect form. She's just so cool!

And I could definitely relate to Matt and TK as my parents had gotten divorced a couple years before the show aired. Though luckily I wasn't separated from my little brother like they were. But it was nice seeing my favorite show tackle subjects like that.

I've watched every season except 6. I tried watching the first episode, but I guess I didn't care for it much. And Data Squad/Season 5 was alright. But I love the first 4 seasons more. And Season 1 will always be my favorite!

And I'm so excited for Digimon Adventure tri. The Digidestined are back, and in high school! It takes place 3 years after Adventure 02, but before the epilogue. I can't wait to see Taichi, Yamato, Sora, and the rest of the gang and their Digimon again! And it comes out this Spring, which is when MLP Season 5 comes out! So I've got 2 cool shows to look forward to this Spring! It's gonna be awesome! :D

• Brohoof 1