Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Astral projection (out of body experience): the real way to go to Equestria?

Luna 831

try to do this while listening to binaural beats!!! i have no clue what'll happen but i think it might help... either that or you'll have a seizure.. I've heard 

i think binural beats are tunes that put your head in the right mode to lucid dream/ap

i think binural beats are tunes that put your head in the right mode to lucid dream/ap

you just have to focus and  just relax and you will go to equestria.

(edited)

It would be a little bit absurd to say that Antarctica isn't real because you've never been there, and just seeing maps that other people developed and a scant few other people visited just isn't enough to convince you.  You have to just do the deed yourself, apparently, though you can still convince yourself that after you've landed on Antarctica, your GPS is wrong, your team-mates are playing a practical joke, and your pants are on backwards. 

Astral Projection is not similar to lucid dreaming.  They are absolutely two different things.  If you convince yourself during a lucid dream that you are astrally projecting, that's your prerogative.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to mislead themselves like that though.

-----------------

If you right-click and copy the URL above, it reveals this: 

http://mlpforums.com/http://themindunleas...periencing.html
Naturally, that's not a real URL.  Seeing that it has "the mind unleashed" at the beginning and "experiencing" at the end, I'll see if I can find similar links.

And here we are.

Edited by SkyDream

im annoyed that people actually believe this

Why? Is there a problem? I'm not going to judge anyone unless I have been in their shoes or done the things that they have done exactly the way they have described doing it, or at least to the best of my ability. If I and countless others truly cannot reproduce an effect while understanding the phenomenon, or at least having the same level of understanding of it as well as the same dedication to it, then yes, I would be with you in your choice to be irked.

Until then, I will be happy to encourage others to float free.

Why? Is there a problem? I'm not going to judge anyone unless I have been in their shoes or done the things that they have done exactly the way they have described doing it, or at least to the best of my ability. If I and countless others truly cannot reproduce an effect while understanding the phenomenon, or at least having the same level of understanding of it as well as the same dedication to it, then yes, I would be with you in your choice to be irked.

Until then, I will be happy to encourage others to float free.

its just when they mention things that make me insta facepalm like the illuminati, humanoid aliens, reptilians, atlantis. do you believe everything in that article

I defer to the old adage "One bad muffin doesn't spoil the bunch." 

Different people believe different things.  It's entirely possible to believe that George Washington had mostly false teeth while believing Samuel Clemens had a Donkey named Howard.  There is no "link" between them that denies both.  I've had college professors who weren't good at math but were excellent in Chemistry.

Not everyone is so confident that they will know exactly what the universe's reality is like, but if they've done something, they deserve to write an article about it.

Besides, now I get to say that really stupid saying "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."   I can't claim that there aren't any reptilians in the universe, because I haven't explored the entire universe, nor have I explored any vast areas underground where there may or may not be military bases where helpful extraterrestrials who look just like us will be helping the military for some unknown reason.

Though to be fair, the only original mention of Atlantis was on its own an entity whose sole purpose was to be an analogy, so at this point it ought to be acceptable to say that Atlantis had never existed as fact.

But please don't say to a person that they didn't have an experience if they actually may have.  It's probably rude.  You cannot know what a person experience simply because you're both the same species.

Apparently fear is the major shut-off switch, which is kinda hard, because "oh my god what the hell is happening?!" 

I feel like it's easier to assume a mental state of "I am eager to leave my body" rather than  "I am so apprehensive about leaving my body."