Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching - The Dark King's Return

The Shadow Stallion

(edited)

IC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/105956-the-dark-kings-return/#entry2913014

It has been about a year since the dark king Sombra had been defeated after his second return. All seems to be at peace throughout the Crystal empire and Equestria. However, an all too familiar darkness is creeping back into the hearts of both kingdoms. It is subtle, biding its time until the right moment. In the meantime, followers are being drawn to the darkness.

Due to all the activity that has been going on recently in Equestria, a group of ponies called The Freelancers has come into the area to help reinforce Equestria and the Crystal Empire against any future threats. These ponies are a strange bunch, some honorable and others less so. Rumors have it that some of these freelancers even are stirring up some trouble though whether it is for themselves or for a darker power, nopony knows.

The princesses have been running the kingdoms smoothly through this time of recovery, though they sense the returning darkness of an old foe. During this time of peace the princesses keep a constant vigil and recruit new ponies in the ranks of the Equestrian army. They don't want to spread panic throughout the population so they themselves operate in secrecy, trying to counter the darkness.

As for everypony else, they have been dealing with their regular, everyday issues. Some believe something big is going to happen while others just shrug and get back to work.

Now who will you be, a Hero, a villain, a Mercenary, or will you just stay out of the conflict if any should arise? The choice is yours as you prepare for the Dark King's return!

"Third time's the charm, and this time......the whole world will be Mine!" - Quoted from the Dark King himself.

RULES!

1. No Gmodding or metagaming

2. Keep violence at a sort of kidfriendly level. That means no decapitations and such.

3. Language, can be mature but don't overdo it.

4. All races are allowed but characters must be reviewed and approved before allowed to RP

5. 5 Character Max. (1 free canon claim though)

6. Be respectful and have fun.

Canon characters will be available to play as. First come first serve but if you want to claim a canon you have to Name which canon and give a brief RP sample of you RPing as that character.

Claimed Canons:

Sombra - Dusk Shade

Princess Celestia - Sage of Six Mirrors

Princess Luna - Higurashi

Participating OCs:

Shadowknight - The Shadow Stallion (For the Princesses!)

Sunmane - The Shadow Stallion (For the Princesses!)
Rampart Charger - Dusk Shade (For Neutrality!)

Hive Mind - Dusk Shade (For Neutrality!)

Skater - Vitani (For King Sombra!)

Gareth Barskovska - RaptorJaysus (For the Princesses!)

Mirrorwing and Obsidian Wing - Sage of Six Mirrors (For the Princesses! - Mirrorwing, For King Sombra! - Obsidian Wing)

Stronghammer - Sage of Six Mirrors (For Neutrality!)

Mirror Quake - Sage of Six Mirrors (For Neutrality!)

Edited by The Shadow Stallion
Adding links by user request

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I believe that sombra was luna's child, and when he became mad with power, celestia banished him, which made luna go crazy, which in turn creates nightmare moon.

Also that is why luna does not get involved when the crystal empire returns for fear of becoming nightmare moon again.

Any questions?

I don't think Sombra is Luna's child. To me he appears older then Luna and Celestia. I would be more likely to believe that he'd be the son of Discord or was somehow influenced by him which made him turn all Psycho. Also even if he was Luna's child, I believe Celestia would've stopped him before he commited such acts. I mean she sealed her own sister into the moon, what would she do to her considerably more evil nephew. So bottom line, I think Sombra was before Celestia and Luna's time.

Plus the reason Luna went crazy was because she felt unloved by the ponies and unwanted. She felt like she had no place, no power, and no friends. So she became nightmare moon to assert her place, her power, and to have all the attention she could ever crave. I believe Celestia did neglect her a bit, but what do you expect, they had just defeated discord and were still putting the shattered kingdom back together lol.

I'm still sticking with the story for sombra being the youtube video "A tale of one Shadow" Pony learning magic, corrupted by magic, etc. Evil king is born due to evil side of Sombra winning over. It also makes it interesting because Sombra could be turned good in this RP if it is done correctly. Maybe a shred of goodness still remains, break the evil side of him and the good side shall be set free, eh? or no, do we just want to finish off the dread lord? lol

my brlief He wanted power to protect the pony he loved...how sweet...practixed dark magic..created shadow accidently...it concoured him...when the prinxesses stopped him, the shafow found a new gost on luna usong hercsadness of being unloced agaibst to currupt her

Still, look at the facts, sombra goes evil and gets banished, couple years later luna also goes off the deep end.

See I think sombra turned evil in a way because of some great evil that was approaching, that only he knew about, so he begun to amass a huge army and what not in preparation for its arrival.

Like logan in fable three, if you've played that game you'll get what I'm saying.

That does make sense wolf. Butmy beleif is a mix of yours and Dusk Shade. See, Ligan didmt necessarily enjoy being evil all the time. Sombra was cruel and took joy in the suffering he was completely evil. The cause was dark magic that he had learned in order to fight a.powerful enemy, something like Tirek.

Well in short, There is a chance that Sombra can be turned good again.

Another thing before we start, I'll need people to RP as Princess Luna, Celestia, and maybe Sombra. If no one volunteers then I myself will RP as them.
Also, if you do claim a canon it doesn't count toward your Character limit. You get 1 free Canon and the rest will count toward your maximum character count of 5

Now before we can truly start, I'll need people to RP as Sombra, Luna, and Celestia.

These 3 canons must be claimed or else I will have to RP all 3 of them, which probably won't turn out very well for the RP. If you claim any of these 3 it will NOT count against your character limit. However, you will have to supply a brief RP sample as if you are RPing them.

I will wait up to 3 days, if none are claimed then I will move forward. If all are claimed and approved by me we can start earlier : )

Sombra:

" Hahaha.....foolish little ponies....I am not yet finished with you", King Sombra rasped as he slowly rose from his throne. "Now bow to me, my crystal slaves...as we enter a new era of darkness together. Thanks to my Sons of Shadows, I am now prepared to finish what I started so lobg ago. This land shall be mine once more", he hissed as he transformed from pony to shadow.

(Sons of Shadows just soynded like a cult for sombra...let me know.)

at the beginning they would basically try and counter Sombra's cult. Then later on when the big battle ensues they'd more or less be the generals of the Equestrian Army. During the battle they might actually fight Sombra and any of his higher up Generals too.

So their roles are pretty big. Mostly a command/Issuing mission role though.

*slips the crown of albion on*

-Luna-

Luna stood on the balcony outside her room, the sun had just fallen and luna was putting the finishing touches on this evenings moon.

"It'll be a fine night we believe, it is a shame we must spend it planning for tomorrows march. However it shall be most enjoyable to crush that peasant sombra. Fool thinks he has the right to challenge us over the throne"

Luna tries her hardest to hide her smile but fails as a harsh and almost bloodthirsty look comes over her, her presence even more terrifying in the shadow of the moon.

Ok, this going to be interesting.

First I woukd like to try celestia.

As for ocs, it would be a first, but i actually have four ocs that fit into this. I am not sure I can rn them all, so I have to think about that.

Celestia: when confronting sombra.

"You damned foal. You rise up against me? You were destroyed thanks to the crystal heart alone, and then you dare face me?" Spreading her wing, horn glowing, she prepares to fight. "You harmed Equestria, my Equestria. And for that you will pay dearly. This time, I will end it, I will finish you!"

Sorry if it is a little, well dark. But I really doubt Celestia would be happy to see a pony she had taken down twice already, come back again.