Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think gems taste like?

RainbowMau

So Spike loves to eat gems, they're like candy for him, he even adds them to his cakes, but how do you think they taste like for him? I guess he tastes like a sugary flavor probably, or probably like a hard candy :derp:

PHMz6M_xNr0.jpg

• Brohoof 1

i think they taste like those hard sugary candies. tough each color tastes different, like the blue ones taste like blueberry, and the green ones like apple or something :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, the reason sugary foods taste "good" is that sugar is a good source of energy and our bodies are adapted to seek it (which is sadly not such a good thing these days). For dragons, the minerals that form these gems may be essential nutrients or even a source of energy that only they can process. Gems probably just taste like rocks or something (I've never licked a diamond or anything), but to dragons that is freaking delicious.

• Brohoof 4

I think they taste like meat. Spike is a dragon who lives with herbivores. But its been shown a dragon will try to eat a pony or cow or anything. I think a gem taste like a nice cut of meat.

In real life they taste like rocks.

It'd probably taste like my favorite candy. ROCK CANDY! Just thinking about gems tasting like rock candy makes my mouth water. Then I bite down on a gem and break my teeth. Stupid gems.

• Brohoof 1

This rock has a touch of heliotropic flavor with just  a hint of Lauzli -- just perfect to compliment the fruity Mossan flavor.

If you got that, you eat too many rocks.

If you sort of got that you're an amateur geologist.

• Brohoof 2

Apparently...crunchy. Just crunchy.

maud_pie_eating_a_rock__vector__by_rose5

• Brohoof 2

It really depends upon how his brain and biochemistry is wired.

Thyroxine.png

This is Thyroxine, better known as table salt.

image10.png

This is Sucrose, a common sugar compound found in nature.

5-fold_chromium.png

This is Chromium Corundum, a compound which forms red crystals which we call "Ruby".

Spike's tastebuds could very well operate much like our own, except with a preference towards aluminum, chromium, cobalt and nickel over nitrogen, iron and carbohydrate compounds. For all we know, gemstones could be as varied in flavor as ice cream.

• Brohoof 2