Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think gems taste like?

RainbowMau

Like Lollypops. Hard, fruit flavoured candy that could break your teeth and is slightly effervescent, like sherbet.

Oooh yeah I loves me some rainbow sherbet ice cream... Nom nom nom. I think jawbreakers bust teeth more than a sucker would? If you bit on one of them? 

I heard from an entirely reliable source that they taste vaguely like thumbtacks that have been marinating in a pitcher of pink lemonade Kool-Aid prepared twelve years ago and allowed to sit under a sink in an abandoned hotel.

Well, that's certainly a description. OUCH! It's a good thing dragons are so tough scaled inside and out which would explain why dragons could eat things that looks like pointy shards of glass in a cupcake.... Or go swimming in molten hot lava pools.

Well, that's certainly a description. OUCH! It's a good thing dragons are so tough scaled inside and out which would explain why dragons could eat things that looks like pointy shards of glass in a cupcake.... Or go swimming in molten hot lava pools.

Also who's eating thumbtacks to come to that conclusion?

• Brohoof 1

It probably tastes of agonising pain. Yes, as you put the gem into your mouth, the delightful flavour of sheer pain fills your taste buds as you break your fucking teeth on the gem that you cluelessly tried to eat. Congratulations :P

Edited by GrauWitz

Also true. What they need to do is have Spike eat an actual rock candy or something and tell us how it tastes so we can know if it tastes the same as a gem or different. :PI imagine the way candy is made is different in Equestria since they still somewhat adhere to real pony anatomy and dietary requirements.

That's a good point. Would the dyes and artificial flavours consisting of various chemicals we use in our candy agree with ponies? Ponies would have stronger teeth than us too, so they would probably be ok with harder candy than we can possibly eat, though they still wouldn't be able to eat gems. I would assume that flower flavours would be popular too. I can't imagine consuming lily flavoured taffy, but I'm a human so what do I know?

I think that would depend on the gem. I have this feeling that rubies would taste 'hotter' or spicier than for instance sapphires, which I think would have a sweeter taste. Emeralds I always picture as being a bit more sour for some reason. (I have no evidence from any source to support any of this, obviously) I think amethyst would have a very rich, deep flavor while diamonds would be almost airy in taste, yet crunchier than anything else because they're so dense.

Well, that's what I think, anyway.

Probably like ice cubes at the bottom of a cold drink you've just finished. They probably hurt like hell if they get into cavities!  :eww: 

Yeesh... I was just hoping to spark the imaginations... We're not really gonna eat jewels... It's pretend... It's think play. Stop being so morbid. I was going in all happy and wonderful the idea that jewels to a dragon must be like candy or something.... Also imagine you're a dragon not a pony because shards of piercing ruby, sapphire or diamond will be very painful... But not for a dragon they have tough hydes inside and out. I mean they bathe in lava pools.

• 5 years later...