The kind of person you want to be.

SkyDream

(edited)

"All too often our personality is

nothing more than psychological

clothing that we wear to hide our

true self from the world." 

~Teal Swan

So, friends and family alike.   I'm going to put forth a few questions.  Please try to answer them as best as you can.  If a few of these questions clash or intersect one another, I do apologize.

What kind of person is it that you believe yourself to be at the current moment in time? 

What kind of person is it that you truly wish you could be?  

What are your strengths and what are your flaws in terms of your personality and character? 

Edited by SkyDream
  • Brohoof 4

Well, I'd say my biggest weakness would be I have absolutely NO motivation to do IRL things. I have work tomorrow but I'm losing sleep because I just don't want to go.... I absolutely hate it, and I'm only new there too.

My strength would be, when I put my mind to something I can generally do it quite well, or above average. Not for everything, but quite a few things.

What I'd really love to become is that motivated, outgoing girl who is social and makes a living without being nervous or ashamed. As much as I love gaming, the chances of me getting a career with it and sticking to it for 40 years until I retire is pretty low....

Be in a band as either lead or rhythm guitarist. Or a bassist. That is a dream I would like to achieve. That is what this thread is about right? Or am I getting this wrong? 

I want to be my own man, to be independent in nearly every sense of the word. To have a job that properly utilizes my talents and makes an actual difference instead of working some meaningless drudgery that is destroying my physical and emotional well being for a company that dosen't give a shit about me just to pay the bills. I currently an ambitious yet frustrated guy, I am stubborn which can sometimes get in the way but can also help give me the strength to go on when a lot of others would have given up. I have a temper and a mouth that can sometimes get me in serious trouble. I sometimes can be too hard on myself and forget the successes I have had and dwell too much on my failings and have a crippling fear of failure that can sometimes get in the way.

• Brohoof 4

Be in a band as either lead or rhythm guitarist. Or a bassist. That is a dream I would like to achieve. That is what this thread is about right? Or am I getting this wrong? 

It's about our own person.  As in, what would we be like from day to day, job to job, life to life, and so on. It's not about a dream of activity, but a dream of personality.  It's about being the kind of person we wish we could be, and not the dream that the person could do.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is a question I ask myself on a common basis, and can never sum up an answer. When I was younger, I had a strong desire to be a football player or drummer for a band, both plans fell through as I grew older. I'm lost when it comes to this. I don't believe I am particularly talented any any specific skill, although I believe everyone is good at something, they just have to be lucky enough to discover it. So far it hasn't happened for me

Edited by Mutant X

@@SkyDream, Okay. That makes more sense.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I guess I need support from friends. And I depend on them. In real life i'm really shy, but here I don't think I seem it much. I might add to this if I can think of anything else.

I want to be my own man, to be independent in nearly every sense of the word. To have a job that properly utilizes my talents and makes an actual difference instead of working some meaningless drudgery that is destroying my physical and emotional well being for a company that dosen't give a shit about me just to pay the bills. I currently an ambitious yet frustrated guy, I am stubborn which can sometimes get in the way but can also help give me the strength to go on when a lot of others would have given up. I have a temper and a mouth that can sometimes get me in serious trouble. I sometimes can be too hard on myself and forget the successes I have had and dwell too much on my failings and have a crippling fear of failure that can sometimes get in the way.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Nicely said. This is also the kind of person I'd like to be. 

(edited)

One of my friends said I'm like Dr. Reid from Criminal Minds. At first I wasn't sure what she was implying, but after watching a few Youtube videos, it's... pretty accurate. I'm not a genius, but I am nerdy and dorky. There you go. :P

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks to everyone for answering so far.  I changed the original post a little bit to be more structured.  Though I don't like it much so I'll be changing it again shortly.

What kind of person is it that I believe myself to be at the current moment in time?

Right now, I believe I am 40% of the way to my goal.  I believe myself to be very much in-tune with the values taught by MLP:FiM, which seem to have integrated themselves into my personality over the recent years.  I'm pretty glad about this, absolutely, though I wish I could go a lot further with it.  I know that I will stop at nothing to protect and upkeep the happiness and well-being of my friends and loved ones, and I will always put others before me.  That has been proven to me many a time.

What kind of person is it that I truly wish I could be? 

I wish I could be far, far more forgiving of things.  Of everything, actually.  I wish to forgive myself of the need to forgive myself and others.  That's literally my life objective.  If I can do that, I will be done.  Done done.   So, therefore, I wish to not take things so personally anymore, and believe in the good in everyone 100% of the time, rather than in the tiny lapses in judgment that anyone else might undergo now and then.

I have a lot to work on.  Whenever I get into an argument, I secretly know that I am on the verge of hating myself for even wanting to realize that I am in a better moral position than the other person(s) engaged with me in an argument, whether I am in a better moral position or not.  My goal is to not care whether or not I'm on a moral high ground, because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

(edited)

What kind of person is it that you believe yourself to be at the current moment in time? 

A seeker, the Fool from the Tarot as it were. One who journeys without many answers or knowledge, though I do feel in some ways as if I were approaching the mastery of skillfulness in some regards, as per the next card, The Magician.

A master. Of what it is hard to say, the exact vision changes as time goes on, though I feel like it's slowly crystallizing over time. At one point I thought of myself as a Paladin, a Holy Knight. At another time I would be going towards the path of Wizardry. Now, I feel that I may be combining aspects of these 2 sides (yes in my ideal self as I imagine it) as something akin to a Dark Knight from Final Fantasy. But the overall theme is mastery and always the Mind, Body, Spirit integration of the Eastern philosophies. 

What are your strengths and what are your flaws in terms of your personality and character? 

My greatest strengths are my intelligence, my impulsiveness, my perseverance; Weaknesses: low Dexterity score, shy, lacks a certain shade of discipline.

Edited by Dream Wishes 3
  • Brohoof 1

What kind of person am I?

I'm a dull, dry, antisocial person, with mental issues abound, who can't make a single friend or participate in anything. I can't accomplish anything, I'm not skilled at anything, and I'm far too pesimisstic for my own good.

Who do I want to be?

The exact opposite. I want to be an upbeat, fun-loving girl, and I think that may be who I truly am at heart, my real self trapped under autism and anxiety issues. I want to be compassionate, caring, and full of life. A happy person who's only occasionally depressed, as opposed to the opposite, which I am now.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The person I am now?

I am just a lost soul trying to find my place. I'm always so anxious and nervous around other people. The only time I feel completely at peace is around animals. Im looking into being a Zooligist, a wildlife biologist or something else along those lines. I feel as though life is just a mindless task we all go through until our eventual death. At times I've wished that I could just skip everything and get to the end. To sum it up, Im a ball of depression.

Who I want to be?

I want to be happy. I want to feel loved and give love. I want to feel accepted while I accept others. For once I want to appreciate life. I want to be that outgoing person who brings joy to others instead of always being terrified of them. To live life to the fullest. In short, I wish to be like Pinkie Pie.

Strengths/weaknesses?

I'd say I get along really well with all animals. Even if they take time to warm up to me, I've always just clicked with them.

But being terrified of socializing has me being a complete shy anxious mess. I hate confrontation and meeting new people. I also have panic attacks when the spotlight is on me. I feel like I can't breathe, my whole face gets beat red, I start sweating really bad and my voice gets shaky. :(

Edited by Cupcakes14

I want to be like you, op. You fabulous man/woman. ;)

I'm like this dude right here.^^

Welp, I can tell you some traits I don't like about myself:

1.) I obsess/worry about silly little things...and they upset me anyways _-_.

2.) I get JEALOUS about silly little things. Also, my jealousy is strong enough to put down an elephant sometimes.

3.) I'm not quite persistent (yet I am) sometimes. I might give up easily sometimes and move on.

I wish I could be more focused on my studies, and that I weren't such a procrastinator xD.

The one who strives to seek knowledge and wisdom, and prefers to think differently.

The one who uses their knowledge and wisdom to benefit their fellow humans.

I guess that my strength is how friendly I am to others. A flaw would have to be how open-minded I can be, and I mean that in the sense that I don't think for myself that much.

One that has a more likable personality... a person that is good with friendships and can keep them.  I've already come to terms though I am not a very outgoing or that interesting of a person though. Too quiet for my own good at times.

I'm extremely bitter and mistrustful towards others, and I hate myself for not being "normal" and not fitting in. I'm apprehensive about social interactions and quiet when I'm in a school or work situation.

Whenever anyone asks me about the future, I give up and lose all hope because I've given up on the world. A lot of times I fantasize about destroying the world and the current power system. I'm also hard on myself too much for being a follower and being too docile to do anything that matters.

I can never be fully happy. Any enjoyment for me is hollow because I can never get fully involved in the things I love, because usually money or travel is a factor. I always get the impression that the only way I can ever have fun is by watching others have fun. I'm on the other side of the fence. The universe didn't choose me to be the person to make the news, or even the person to write it down. It chose me to be one of the watchers. Just another replaceable commodity that's both defective and out of demand. I believe that I had been better off a machine than a human being.

I have a high social anxiety and people have high expectations for me, but I want to be my own person. I don't want to live anyone else's dreams for me. I just want to live. I also hide a lot of my talents and I curb my emotions to reflect my low value to other people.

I don't want to be this person anymore. I don't want to believe the world is evil and actively trying all it can to keep me down and out. I want to know that I'm able to do something and that I have a contribution to make to the world. I want to be able to have someone to trust and that will be there to help me, not to believe that it's everyone for themselves and that all people will only help you in order to use you for their own interests.

I just want to be a productive person, but why is that too much to ask of this world?

Edited by Unknown Pegasus #211
  • Brohoof 1

A procrastinating student. Distant and anti-social. Occasionally in threat of shirking responsibility to disastrous results.

Spiritual, strong, at peace with myself.

Strengths:

-Idealistic

-Sincere

Weaknesses:

-Gullible

-Slothful

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...

If you take Fluttershy, strip away her courage and throw in a dollop of misanthropy... that's me. :l

I want to be a human Fluttershy... brave enough to do what is right, and not let my fears get the best of me when it matters most.

Strengths:

~Open-minded

~Peaceful

~Friendly

Weaknesses:

~Cowardly

~Emotionally dry (though I'm improving ^^)

~Too critical about myself

Ooh boy.

What kind of person do you believe yourself to be at the current moment in time?

That answer is very complicated. I'm not sure I can even do it justice, but I'll try my best with fewer words.

I believe myself to be an extremely meticulous and passionate person. One who has a desire to improve everything, but doesn't really have much power to in most cases. Either due to intense fear and low self-confidence or because I literally can't do anything due to the way this world is structured. I try to act cool, and like I don't care, and just not think about it, but everything that is wrong bothers me. Even if it's a little wrong, it eats me from the inside. I care too much and my emotions are too powerful.

But I also act cool and try to seem casual and careless because I'm afraid. Admitting you like something is weakness, because it means someone can shit all over it and say it's stupid.

What kind of person do you wish you can be?

Powerful, competent, confident. I want to contribute most of all to this world, to prove that I am worth something, and to have people admire me and think: "If she wasn't here, I don't know what would've happened." I want to shrug things off when they're wrong and I can't fix them, and focus my attention on what I can fix. And I want to express my passion to world, and not just act cool and like I don't care about anything. I want them to know who I truly am - caring and compassionate, so strong that I don't care what they think. I just stand strong in my convictions even in the face of their objections. If I like something or love it, I don't want to feel uncomfortable when I say so and feel like an idiot. I want to truly be able to say it, without any doubts.

I'm trying to be that person now, by being more forthright and honest, but it's still so hard to fight my emotions.

What are your strengths and what are your flaws in terms of your personality and your character?

My passion and meticulousness are both a weakness and a strength. But here, I will focus on them as a strength. They make me different from others. More serious, more dedicated, and more committed. I want to improve everything and I want to be a good person above all. My words are powerful and elaborate when written, and oh so very clear. I am practically made for good causes and to fight for them, making impassioned speeches to inspire the masses. But then my weakness, my lack of confidence to stand up against other people and have their questions make me waver... it collapses it all. I hate that so much, and I wish I didn't doubt myself. My fear, and my lack of ability to function properly in this world, it squanders all of that potential.

• Brohoof 1

A cynical dick

A cynical dick

Strengths:

• Cynical
  • Dick

I have no flaws, only strengths.

To become slightly more outgoing and to take more risks rather than wait for things to happen. Been trying to work on staying more committed to the things I say and following through with those things. That and to learn not to remind myself not to put my happiness upon others but to be thankful for the here and now with who you are. 

Those are just a few things I am working on about myself and try to keep a mental note of.

(edited)

This picture perfectly answers these questions for me:

pinkie_pie_in_mirror_by_psyxofthoros-d5a

This is how I feel every day.  Inside, my true self is a person who wants to wants to love life, to love and be loved, and to look at the world without the jaded feelings and the depression.  But every day of life, when I look at myself in the mirror, there's another side to myself, a self-loathing side that yells at me and tells me what a piece of sh*t I am.  Figuratively speaking, I wonder why he hates me, and makes me feel this way.  I want to see the world the way Pinkie does.  I want to be like her.  But the man in the mirror is the one that has control over me.  He tells me, "Just kill yourself.  I'm sick of looking at you."  I try not to listen, but it's difficult.  He wants me to be miserable, and I don't know why.

Edited by Justin_Case001

(edited)

I am exactly the kind of person I want to be.

I'm kind, forgiving, genuine, I almost never lose my temper, I don't let the little things bother me. I'm also very hard working, and empathic. Very empathetic. Punctual. Polite. Anti-SJW, Anti-PC, Anti-religious, Atheist, and Brony are all labels which I wear proudly.

On the other hand, I get offended easily, not by choice, it's just something that happens. I simply can't prevent myself from being offended, but I don't get offended at things like jokes, I get offended by insults and rude behavior. I'm impatient sometimes, I want to have what I want right away, and I don't like to wait. I'm kind of a slob, very lazy about keeping my room up. I hardly ever brush my teeth, and I loooove to sleep in way too much.

Sure, I wish I had tougher skin, and it's true, I'm tougher than I used to be, but not as much as I'd like to be, unfortunately, because I have asperger's syndrome, I simply can't help it sometimes.

Edited by Guest