Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do Saddle Arabians count as Earth Ponies?

ggg-2

They don't have wings or horns, and are closer in stature to real horses, (parade horses to be precise) but then again so is Celestia and she counts as a pony. So do Saddle Arabians count as Earth Ponies or are they just horses?

(edited)

Due to the fact that they have a different sort of body shape from most of the other ponies, I always assumed that they were horses.

*edit*

Actually, you remember the beginning of The Best Night Ever and how Twilight turns some mice into horses? The Saddle Arabians are more similar in body type to them than they are to the ponies. So I think that's some very strong evidence in favor of them being horses.

Edited by Clover Heart

Remember, Zecora has the mostly the same body type as the earth ponies, and she's not considered a pony at all. So I'd assume that the Saddle Arabians, who are drastically different in body type, aren't ponies either. 

That's a difficult one. On one side, they should be considered as earth ponies since they don't have horn and wings, on the other hand their body shape is different so I would consider them as a different specie.

• Brohoof 1

That's a difficult one. On one side, they should be considered as earth ponies since they don't have horn and wings, on the other hand their body shape is different so I would consider them as a different specie.

In that case, Saddle Arabians must be horses!

• Brohoof 1

I don't think so. Earth ponies have their own unique characteristics, one of them being their endurance and affinity with the earth, something we know for a fact because of how Tirek was able to drain it as 'magic', in the finale. I don't think it's a trait the saddle arabians share.

I think the saddle Arabians are horses since they have a body shape that reflects their species level differences with ponies. That being said, I would like to observe the details of the diplomatic relations between the two empires to Ser whether the Saddle Arabians really are treated like Earth ponies

I think it's fair to say that the Saddle Arabians are indeed separate from earth ponies. Magic issue aside (considering we don't know if they even use magic), they look quite different and, as someone else mentioned, Zecora isn't considered a 'pony.'

So, what are they? As it stands, we won't know.

They seem more like horses given their height and larger body frame shape (compared to ponies) (and I'm only measuring that criteria based on height and size):

Princess_Celestia_with_the_delegates_fro

Umm, ponies are horses, they wouldn't be a different species. 

We don't know anything about them. They don't look like ponies (even Celestia looks like a pony) and we don't know if horses exist in their universe. Whatever they are, they are likely to be some unknown species not yet explained by the show.

(edited)

Umm, ponies are horses, they wouldn't be a different species. 

True, I also know that of course.

But if the makers draw a horse instead of a pony, it's not a coincidende. It's to make clear it's at least not entire the same and that there are some differences between them.

Edited by Pinklady

(edited)

Saddle Arabians are horses, not ponies. Horses and ponies are spereate species in the pony world.

Based on my head canon, Saddle Arabians are a straight incarnation of G2 ponies so horses and ponies could be related very distantly. All G2s I believe are earth ponies.

Edited by RainbowPastel

But we've seen only 2 of them. Maybe there're pegasi and unicorns in Saddle Arabia. Either that or they're horses.

Edited by Blobulle

Also, WHERE is saddle arabia?

It's a mystery. But if these 2 ponies/horses are really from Saddle Arabia, and since they were at the Equestria Games, then it's somewhere in Equestria. Edited by Blobulle

• 9 years later...