Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Update on: The MLP Power Metal Band

DYLZAL

(edited)

This is a update on a forum post I made back in March.
To summaries, I said I wanted to make a Power Metal My Little Pony Band, (cuz ya know, they're like bread and butter) and the main idea I talked about in the that forum post, was a concept album all with music following a storyline, about:

twilight and the rest of the Mane6 going to a place that's outside of equestria, completely. Why? Because word has gotten to "celestria" that the changelings are invading equestria and this time they will be unstoppable.

The first main track being an epic power metal song called "Lands Beyond Equestria".

Since then, I've gathered some awesome musicians (

, Keyboardist), written a couple more songs, planned out the storyline of the album and ALMOST finished everything for Lands Beyond Equestria.

Rhythm Guitars, Lead Guitars, Bass, Drums and Keyboard have been recorded, and footage has been recorded for each part (except for keys...he was busy ok)

But as I said, it's almost finished, all that left is vocals. Which I think most people can agree, is pretty damn important!
We've had complications with finding a vocalist. Complications I would rather not get into, but to say the least, everyone is busy.

But I'm hoping that everything will be for Lands Beyond Equestria will be finished by next weekend (The 3rd of July), but of course there's is no promises. After that I'm hoping that can release songs, covers and parodies on some sort of time bases'. An example of one for these, is a parody I've written called "Stop the Bronies" which is a parody of "Stop the Bats" and is basically about the hate and butthurt that people experience from Bronies.

Now I should probably bring something to your attention, the drummer and Keyboardist are only temporary members, in fact they're good friends of mine, IN FACT they aren't even Bronies. What basically happened is I was having trouble finding member for this bands, and both of these guys wanted to do some sort of collab with me, so I thought this would be a good time to do that. They both liked the song, and they agreed to help me out.
The reason I bring this up is because, I'm still looking for a drummer and keyboardist. so if you're interested please contact me via e-mail. Although you won't be in the Lands Beyond Equestria recording, you will however be in later ones (hopefully).

And...I think that's about everything you need to know.
Well okay, I'll show you something from the video, this is the prologue part of the song, so this will play before Lands Beyond Equestria. Although it's only a draft, take a look anyways.

http://youtu.be/xqhunXMVklA
And that's about everything; hope to update you all with something next week! :wub: Edited by DYLZAL
  • Brohoof 1

Dude, this is amazing. I love power metal. It's one of the first metal genres I got into. I've branched out into other metal genres as well since then, but I still love power metal as well.

The prologue sounds amazing. I'd love to hear what the whole song will sound like.

I hope you keep making more of this :D

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the heads up Dylzal. Good to know it wasn't just an empty dream. I hope you'll keep me further updated. ;)

Dude, this is amazing. I love power metal. It's one of the first metal genres I got into. I've branched out into other metal genres as well since then, but I still love power metal as well.

The prologue sounds amazing. I'd love to hear what the whole song will sound like.

I hope you keep making more of this :D

Power metal should be the basis for all metal. :lol:

• Brohoof 2