Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats uo with the accents?

Yummychickenblue

Hey Forums!

Why do Applejack and Rarity have accents while none of the ther Mane 6 do? There are other characters with accents like Zekora but Rarity and AJ are the most noteable. Is it to help indicate their proffessions/personalities?

Applejack has that southern/country thing going on so the accent is understandable but Rarity could have just easily been made to not have an accent, what I find really interesting is how different Rarity's accent is to her parents accents. Her parents seem to have more of that Wisconsin/midwest thing going one while Rarity has that mid Atlantic twang. The Apple Family all have differences in their own accidents but still fall under the southern/country twang. Of course I am not complaining as it adds to both of their characters and Applejack has the sexiest voice, it just makes me melt.

• Brohoof 1

Technically all of the Mane Six have accents. There is no one on this planet who doesn't have an accent.

The rest of the Mane Six just don't have a strong accent like Applejack and Rarity do, though I'd argue that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash definitely have commanding voices that stand out. Applejack and Rarity have accents that we recognize because they're widespread stereotypical accents, while the others are more low-key.

• Brohoof 5

Technically all of the Mane Six have accents. There is no one on this planet who doesn't have an accent.

The rest of the Mane Six just don't have a strong accent like Applejack and Rarity do, though I'd argue that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash definitely have commanding voices that stand out. Applejack and Rarity have accents that we recognize because they're widespread stereotypical accents, while the others are more low-key.

This. :) 

They all have accents, just some are more prominent than others.