Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite gaming genre?

Finesthour

What's your favorite game type?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite game type?

• Platformer (Jumping, running, and challenge!)
    • Beat-em-ups (Walking, punching, and kicking!)
    • Adventure (Explore and uncover things, like Indie Jones!)
    • Real-Time (Everything happens in live action)
    • Art Gallery (You basically play through beautiful worlds and levels)
    • RPG (Role Playing Game)
    • MMORPG (Online Role Playing Game)
    • FPS (First person shooter)
    • TPS (Third person shooter)
    • 3D Platformer (Regular platformer but in 3D)
    • Sandbox (Be anything, do anything, experience anything)
    • Simulator (Games that have no real objective but to have fun)
    • Other (Post below what else you think should be here)
    • Puzzle Games (Complete challenging puzzles and stuff!)
    • Point-and-Click Games (Self explanatory)
    • Fighting Games (Such as Mortal Kombat, SSBB, Tekken, etc.)

Pick a favorite genre!? That's like asking me to pick a favorite child!

I love all genre's equally, and I enjoy all of them to the greatest extent that I can.

That being said, what started me off as a gamer was Final Fantasy ^_^

No I am used to the grind. It's just that I get bored halfway done ._.

Oh, well thats Sucks I never am bored with FF I love playing them all except the MMO ones they made I never played 11 or 14 cause I heard they sucked bad.

Oh, well thats Sucks I never am bored with FF I love playing them all except the MMO ones they made I never played 11 or 14 cause I heard they sucked bad.

I only played I, II, IV, and X.

Probably for the best. 7 is the most overrated game in the series.

But, but, but...but... ;_;

It may be overrated, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played.

Heck, Ocarina of Time is one of the most overrated games EVER, and it's still one of my favorite games.

But, but, but...but... ;_;

It may be overrated, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played.

Heck, Ocarina of Time is one of the most overrated games EVER, and it's still one of my favorite games.

You played 6 right?

No matter how hard I try I can't bring myself to like FFVI that much. I don't like it's story, it's characters or it's upgrade system. It has a few moments in the story but overall I just feel it's dungeons are overly cluttered. I do love it's gameplay though and feel it has one of the best of the gameplay types of the series what with the Bushido and Blitz and all. Wish they'd at least bring that back.

Of the PS1 trio, I'd definitely say FFIX is the best and FFX-2 is equal with it as my favorite of the series. I liked FFX on my first run but...it just got boring afterward. It's boring after you realize that you use the same characters for the same enemies the entire game (unless you WANT it to be hard) and the other characters (like Rikku and Yuna) go into disuse a lot of the time. Love it's story though.

However, I feel that X-2 beats it in the gameplay and environment/setting department that even if the story of X-2 isn't up the part with FFX it's still a far better game.

Also, thumbs up for the mention of Baten Kaitos earlier in the topic.

Also allow me to express my dear love for the Wild Arms and Star Ocean series' as well.

No matter how hard I try I can't bring myself to like FFVI that much. I don't like it's story, it's characters or it's upgrade system. It has a few moments in the story but overall I just feel it's dungeons are overly cluttered. I do love it's gameplay though and feel it has one of the best of the gameplay types of the series what with the Bushido and Blitz and all. Wish they'd at least bring that back.

Of the PS1 trio, I'd definitely say FFIX is the best and FFX-2 is equal with it as my favorite of the series. I liked FFX on my first run but...it just got boring afterward. It's boring after you realize that you use the same characters for the same enemies the entire game (unless you WANT it to be hard) and the other characters (like Rikku and Yuna) go into disuse a lot of the time. Love it's story though.

However, I feel that X-2 beats it in the gameplay and environment/setting department that even if the story of X-2 isn't up the part with FFX it's still a far better game.

Also, thumbs up for the mention of Baten Kaitos earlier in the topic.

Also allow me to express my dear love for the Wild Arms and Star Ocean series' as well.

Star ocean <3

And am I the only person on the planet that thought that Half-Life 2 is overrated to all hell and back? :blink:

I love Half Life 2, but I would say it's somewhat overrated. HL2: Ep2 is the best of the series so far, hopefully Episode 3 will be even better (come on, Valve, you haven't let me down yet!).

As for the poll, where would first person sneak-em-ups like the Thief series fit in?

I love Half Life 2, but I would say it's somewhat overrated. HL2: Ep2 is the best of the series so far, hopefully Episode 3 will be even better (come on, Valve, you haven't let me down yet!).

As for the poll, where would first person sneak-em-ups like the Thief series fit in?

Thief would be in my top 20. The top 10 I posted was tentative and off the top of my head. I cant wait for thief 4.