Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyville Live! Desktop Chrome App

Auzzie

(edited)

What is the Ponyville Live Desktop App?

Every wanted to listen to your favorite pony radio station but really didn't want to have to open your browser to get to it?

Well finally there is a solution for that! The Ponyville Live! Desktop App allows you to tune in and listen to all your favorite pony radio stations on the Ponyville Live! network straight from your desktop in a small, easy to use application.

How do I use it? 

That is simple, as long as you have Google Chrome installed on your computer or you are running ChromeOS, just browser to http://pvlive.me/app and click the install button!

Once you have done that, all you need to do is open application, tune in, and pony on!

Something isn't working!

If you happen to find something that isn't working in the app just drop a comment on this thread and set out the information like so:

Catchy Bug Name
Application Version
What went wrong

How to reproduce it

Or if you are real techy you can report it here: http://pvlive.me/app_bugs

Can you add this feature?

We are always looking at add new awesome stuff to the app, if you have something you would like to see added just drop it here in this thread and we will see what we can do about it!

Login, Tune In and Pony On!

Edited by Auzzie
  • Brohoof 2

Thanks for the lovely app. It'll really help me once Brony.tv starts streaming new seasons again. xP

Is there any way to remove certain radio stations you don't want? If not, I suggest you should add an option like that. c:

No, there isn't a way to do that just yet but I can added it in along with the ability to change the positions of items in the stations list 

Catchy Bug Name: Premature Notification (teehee)

Application Version: 0.1.6

What went wrong: I just don't know (baahahah)

But seriously though, notifications go off even when stations aren't playing sometimes.

How to reproduce it:

Click a station to play it, then click the "pause" button on the button bar, and watch as notifications continue to roll in for that station.

My theory is that it's checking for whether the right-panel element is present (or contains the <audio> tag or something like that) and using that to determine whether notifications go out, and it needs to be updated to also have an "is_playing" check on the actual audio element itself.

You're my hero Auzzie <3

• 2 weeks later...

Catchy Bug Name: SSL What?
Application Version:  < v0.2.0
What went wrong: Nothing loads

How to reproduce it: Open the app :P

Sooooo ... PVL just updated their public API with out notifying me first and it has broken the app. I am working on betting a beta of v0.2.0 out which is compatible with the new API update but I will be lacking on a lot of the new feature I was in the works of implementing.

Keep an eye out for the update!