Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Research Study

SCS

I missed her when she was in town, since I live in Baltimore, but I can still do it over the phone. I don't know if it will be long-distance though, considering I'm still in the same country. If it is I might not be able to participate.

It is, however we played a round of phone tag ... With the interview actually being conducted when she called me. I would reach out to them and ask if they can call you.

It is, however we played a round of phone tag ... With the interview actually being conducted when she called me. I would reach out to them and ask if they can call you.

Well, if they call me, then I should be able to do it. I'll just give them my cell number, I almost always have it with me so they won't miss me, and I'll be able to conduct the interview from my room, because I don't have a landline in my room.

• Brohoof 1

Anyone else who has had an interview care to share how his/her experience went? I'm just getting really excited for my call, and I'd love to know if others are too!

I'm not sure how the staff would feel about that. Until the survey closes going into specifics may influence answers of others that read the thread.

I'll say It was a breath of fresh air, but it's hard to go into more detail without actually hurting the research.

I'm not sure how the staff would feel about that. Until the survey closes going into specifics may influence answers of others that read the thread.

I'll say It was a breath of fresh air, but it's hard to go into more detail without actually hurting the research.

I should have phrased that better. I know that divulging specifics goes against what participants agree to and could influence others. I was simply hoping for general "It went well" or "I'm glad I participated" types of comments.

My apologies!

EDIT: To add to this, I would like to post a little bit about my interview experience, which I just finished up with. It went well, and I'm glad I participated! :lol:

For real though, I enjoyed sharing my personal experience, and I'd say the interview process even helped me better understand myself and my feelings and interests. If you are thinking about participating, I would highly recommend it.

Edited by dsharp105
  • Brohoof 1

As a Political Scientist, this facinated me on an academic level....somepony's have asked about published results, etc; here is a link to the study for everypony to delve into   Cheers!   /http://www.bronystudy.com/
That's actually not the results for this study.  The Brony Study  was put together by a group of psychologists who have studies the fandom for a couple years now.  

This thread is regarding a sociologist who has just recently begun conducting her analysis of the fandom to analyze it from a sociological context.  The two studies should prove to be very unique given the difference in focus.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I scheduled an appointment for them to call, but they never did, even after I sent the signed document. They didn't even send an email asking why I didn't pick up if they missed me or whatever.

That's actually not the results for this study.  The Brony Study  was put together by a group of psychologists who have studies the fandom for a couple years now.  

This thread is regarding a sociologist who has just recently begun conducting her analysis of the fandom to analyze it from a sociological context.  The two studies should prove to be very unique given the difference in focus.

True; however, the current results will not be posted yet, but the psychologists studies are found in the other sections of that website; and the two studies are going to be linked into one major study....which is what I was hoping to present, and failed at...you have my apologies.

True; however, the current results will not be posted yet, but the psychologists studies are found in the other sections of that website; and the two studies are going to be linked into one major study....which is what I was hoping to present, and failed at...you have my apologies.
Hm?  When I met with Dr. Literte she was unsure how the research would be used and she definitely didn't seem to be planning any collaborative effort with the Brony Psychologists.  May I ask where you heard that the two projects were going to be linked?

Well, I scheduled an appointment for them to call, but they never did, even after I sent the signed document. They didn't even send an email asking why I didn't pick up if they missed me or whatever.

Reach out to them again. They have been getting a lot of respondents and it may have been a goofup on their part.

Reach out to them again. They have been getting a lot of respondents and it may have been a goofup on their part.

Actually, they called me last night, it was a bit late, but whatever, we're in two different timezones. Apparently the interviewer was in the ER and missed the appointment, so yeah, we did reschedule, I just hope they're ok.

• Brohoof 1

This is actually very close to where I live. I live in La Mirada and attended Cal State Fullerton in undergrad before transferring. Its about a 15 minute drive away from my home.

Unfortunately, I'm currently in Philadelphia at my mom's place until early September.

Initially I was uninterested in this study, but given its close proximity it may be neat to drop by and see what's going on. Considering that I'm not "normal" by brony standards, it'll be interesting to see how I might throw a wrench in their statistics and cause a bit of discord.  :umad:

I'm currently in Philadelphia at my mom's place until early September.

Germantown forever!!!!

You're in my old city. :D

And I'm in Florida :(

Damm it would be super duper awesome to participate. But then again I don't even live in the USA so phone interview would be super costly :( also my English is quite decent, but I don't know if it's good enough for an interview

if only I was in california! it will be interesting to see the data collected from the study

You can do the interview by phone as well.

• Brohoof 1