Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Old Order of Harmony RP

Nameless Knight

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/103579-the-old-order-of-harmony-actionadventure/

In a time long before Celestia, Luna, and the elements of harmony; before Discord and King Sombra. An order of 9 watched over the land of Equestria. The order was responsible for keeping peace and harmony. Each pony in the order controlled an element of Equestria and maintain it, making sure the world worked smoothly.

At the fortress of the Order of Harmony, Chronos Dial, was sitting in his quarters, his sword laid out in front of him. He was meditating, trying to perfect his abilities. He had been sitting there, meditating for about 3 hours now. He was actually in his own little bubble of time so to him it had been less than 30 minutes. Chronos was moving and breathing in slow motion. Everything to him were moving 6x faster.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Gear was sitting on top of a giant mountain, looking as the sun rose. He was quite cheerful, the sun rise was going smoothly. Dusk was even lowering the moon at the perfect speed, Gear wondered how Treffidian and Muffy were doing. Everything was going quite fine.

Edited by Gearhart

Sitting upon a cloud above the fortress, he spreads his wings, sending a breeze flowing. "Well, a fine day indeed." He turns his head to look at his sword, Kusanagi. Flapping his massive wings, he flies off from the cloud, passing by Gear as he heads back to the fortress.

Dusk Shade lowered his moon as Gear's sun began to rise. He saw Mirrorwing flying to the fortress, not that he cared. Once his moon was down, Dusk Shade closed himself off in his quarters. "Have these follish ponies never heard of the calm before the storm"?, he asked himself as he summoned moving targets and a glaive to practice with.

(edited)

As the sun touched Chronos' face, he broke his meditation. He stood up and sheathed his sword before looking out the window "Gearhart is getting much better" Chronos said to himself. Chronos left his quarters and looked back at his door. On his door was a symbol of an hour glass, which represented his element. He walked down the hall to the main chamber. In the center of the main chamber was a large rug that depicted the symbols of each of the elements. There were banners on the walls that had each symbol on them. Chronos exited the fortress and saw Mirrorwing returning. 

Edited by Sabertooth the Puppy

The sun rose over the idyllic mountain village and soon the village was up on their hooves. Busy busy ponies gathered their tools and left the town to do their daily work. With these crude picks and hammers the ponies tried to mine ores and minerals from the mountains. On their way up to the mine they went past forests and rivers and an enormous ice wall. It was gently cracking and keeping the river away from the mines entrance. Even though the wall was extremely thick, the water level could be seen through the ice. Every day the eager miners passed the wall they had to raise their head to see it.

On top of the wall two well known guardians were doing their duty. Bitter Frost was standing directly on the wall, raising his lamp to force ice into cracks and small holes creates by force and the suns heat. Here and there a splash of water raised to the damaged parts, but not naturally. Riptide danced slowly on the ice and his dance charmed the water to go where he pleases. He was shivering heavily and his rhythm was off balance. "I hate t... the cold you know", he yammered, but Bitter just chuckled. "Forgive me friend. I sadly cannot heat you up, but I really need your assistance. I am sure you will find a warm fire and a hot bowl of soup in the village afterwards." Riptide moaned again, but kept on dancing until the wall was perfect again.

Gear was observing the motion that he could see. At some points he could see misery and sadness, and others he could see ponies waking up and seeing the sunlight, he didn't know what to think, that is why Gear loves midday, it balances the happiness and sadness with the tip of the sun directly above it, making it look like the mountain was holding it up.

Chronos walked back into the fortress' main chamber and looked around. He didn't see anypony around so he took off his helmet. He was happy to actually be able to see everything around him. He took a deep breath and continued to walk around the fortress. He walked through the west doorway. He passed a large dinning room that the guardians ate in. Chronos never cooked because, well his cooking was terrible. He then passed a door that led into a balcony. The balcony had a great view of Equestria, Chronos put back on his helmet and went out onto the balcony. Chronos looked out and saw a small village.

Gear decided to go back to the fortress. He opened the door and went to see if Chronos was still in his bubble. When he saw that the bubble was gone, he decided to look around. When he went to the dining room, he saw Chronos. "So I see that you decided to wake up, it was almost five years." 

@@Gearhart,

(5 Years?)

He looked at Gear "I was only meditating for 3 Hours" Chronos said. "I would have died of thirst or Hunger if I was in there for 5 years" He said as he walked up to Gearhart. The steel plates and chain mail of his armor hitting and scraping each other causing a clanking sound every time he made a movement..

Landing near chronos, little tornadoes seem to spiral up from his wings. Mirrorwing laughs at the remark about five years. "Truly, youdo meditate a lot it would seem. But then again, a unicorn does their work mentally. They do not need the honed senses of a pony that uses flight or their hooves to get the work done." He says jokingly.

"So what has been going on with you two, Learn anything new while you where in your little bubble?" Gear asked, Gear had never seen much action, the only time he was happy to be the bearer of the element of light was when he got it, just seems to be a trophy now.

Roots, onions and herbs made a simple, but tasty soup and Riptide devoured it in nearly one go. Bitter Frost took his time, but enjoyed it just as much as his partner. The hut they were in was made out of wood, clay and straw, and had a cozy feel to it. The mare making the soup was still making more soup. Its smell filled the hut and made both Guardians even hungrier.

Riptide set his bowl on the table. "I never asked you this, but why do you keep the wall alive? The water takes the way it takes, but you bend it to your will. Or at least you try, regarding all the fissures you have to tend." Bitter just chuckled. He took a breath and replied wisely, "Ponies are not as flexible as water. Cold is not flexible as well. Glaciers move incredibly slow, you will barely notice it in a normal lifetime. And so are the ponies here. They settled here long, long ago and the river would have destroyed all of their homes. I saved them with this mighty ice wall." Riptide did not seem too impressed with this answer. "I have seen villages come and go. It is only natural to change, even drastically", he responded. He looked Bitter straight in the eyes. "This village might need to change too. How long do you intend to pamper them, so they can just continue to live like that?" Bitter just slightly lowered his smile. Looking through the window, he tried again to convince the Guardian of the Sea of his own believes. "Harmony is found in stability and consistency. We cannot find a role in this world if it is constantly changing." Riptide twitched, then suddenly got up and made his way to the door. "I lost my appetite", he simply said and left the hut. Bitter Frost looked after him, sighed and continued with his soup.

It was cold outside. The ice wall went around the village, leading the river down the mountains. Riptide was freezing, but jumped into the river again and swam down the stream to reach warmer waters.

(I'm going to guess that either Riptide, Bitter Frost, or both do not live in the fortress like the other guardians.)

Chronos looked at Mirrorwing and said "I meditate so that I can improve on my abilities along with my Magical endurance. How else do you think I car a sword that is larger than me." He said before looking at Gear "I have almost perfected my ability to turn back time, It should be perfected in about 9 months"

"Ha, a sword luke that is unwieldy in battle. Take my Kusanagi. It is a simple yet wicked blade. Easily weilded. Abd ince I have it finished, it will allow me to control the battlefield more efficiently. The only problem is that I am the one for Wind. And I need this blade enchanted." (I am not sure if everyone knowsbthis but the Kusanagi was a sword that was supposed to have power over wind. Ibforgot to put that in the application so that is why I am having it e enchanted.)

"You may have a big sword, but how fast can you swing it? It doesn't matter if you can kill a man in one swing, if you can't hit him, it is all for nothing. I find that the common sword is more capable of killing than that behemoth of yours. if you want to test out our skills, let's do a match, agreed?" 

Chronos looked at Gear and drew his sword. Chronos walked into the main chamber and signaled Gear and Mirrorwing to stand back. Chronos took in a deep breath and summoned a few training dummies. He formed a Time bubble around him. To him, everything was in slow motion. To those outside the bubble, he was moving at an extremely quick speed. He slashed at all three dummies. His Time bubble broke and he returned to normal speed. The dummies fell into pieces, Chronos' horn flickered and he dropped his sword. He was breathing heavily and fell to his knees. "Is... That... Fast... enough... for you..." He managed to say before he stood up. Using his sword and maintaining the Time bubble that he had made drained allot of his power.

"Cheater. You slowing down time is obviously going to make you faster. And I was going to ask you to imbue my blade with the wind, but now you look almost dead. No offense, but you are not ready for a real war. You will collapse in no time. Again, a small simple blade is best."

"I Have slain more foes then all of the gua rdians, I kept the helmets of many of them as trophies. If you do not believe me, then follow me and I shall show you." Chronos said as he sheathed his sword. He looked at Mirrorwing and then said "I have been a guardian since the order was formed 1,000 years ago, and I have fought in many wars that threatened the Order and Equestria..." 

I still have a centruy of experience over you. And a mighty enough wind can take down a full arny with half the effort. But we are friends here. Why are we arguing. Or ar we trying to prove to ponies that the races cannot coexist? I merely came to ask you a favor, and you bring up war. You may control time, but you cannot undo what you have said. After all, are we not supposed to be prtecting harmony? And yet we fight.

"You are right, we shouldn't be fighting, So what is your favor. If you still want me to do the favor" Chronos said "also you were the one that brought up war, when you said that I was not ready for real war." Chronos added as he waited for Mirrorwing to tell him what the favor was.

"I did didn't I? My apologies, that was merely meant as an observation of opinion. As for the favor, my dominion is the wind. I wishvto channel the power through my blade. Make it a weapon worthy of a guardian. Even if it never draws blood, it will exist to aid the lost and the weary. Thise deserving of power to help."

"You want me to enchant your blade, I am guessing... If I am correct then I will require some power from your element" Chronos said as he looked at Mirror's blade. "Also Gearhart, I accept your challenge, but don't suspect me to go easy on you"

(Each of the guardians received a gem that hold the power of that guardian's element) 

(edited)

Thunder Blast was lounging on her raincloud debating whether or not she should create a storm in Carn village. She made her cloud fly into the dining room. She glided gracefully into the main chamber through the window and landed near the dummies whose parts were scattered across the floor. She gave Chronos a disapproving look, "Showing off your sword skills again Chronos? Don't make me clean your mess up again. I have better things to do. Like creating a storm in Carn village!!" She trotted away from the other ponies nodding to Mirrorwing and Gear as she made her way to her sleeping chamber.

Edited by XxConfusedUnicornxX

"This isn't so much as a fight as it is simple test. We are not arguing anything so bad that it would cause a disruption between us, it was simply a test. Since I can't summon any training dummies and you're all out of power I'll just have to show my power on the field."