Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you deal with trolls?

Boxxi The Brony

1. Don't respond. Muster up every ounce of decency and don't waste your time responding

2. if you do respond, make it light-hearted, neutral, or something that will defuse them.

3. rage about it in private so friends can console you, but without you naming names or sending links.

4. collect a arm-full of stuffed animals you're not very attached to, load up on artillery shells, and blow up the stuffed animals in a vacant field

5. hang the mangled stuffed animals with awkward bits blown off of them on your wall, and laugh forever.

• Brohoof 1

I just ignore trolls or anyone who has a bad attitude in general.  That's why I mostly post on sited like this, where everyone is in the same boat and only minor arguements happen.

• Brohoof 2

I ignore them. Trolls are a waste of my time.

Unless it's on MLP Forums, then I work with the rest of the staff to deal with them appropriately.

• Brohoof 1

I am all for playing tricks, pranks and jokes, but there's a point where these kinds of things can downright offend people. :umad:

Depending on what kind of troll it is, I handle it in different ways. If someone is being needlessly aggressive it's better that I don't respond to it. But if I know who it is personally.... That's another story in itself.  :toldya:

No, I'd never do that to anyone!  :please:

As a couple of people have mentioned above me, responding is probably the worst thing you can do, because it only adds fuel to a fire that shouldn't have been lit in the first place. There are particular places on the net that have tons of trolls such as Youtube, and it seems harder to "be a brony" on the net because of this, and then you have the haters..

Well, I feel I'm getting a bit off topic here, so I'll wrap it up nice and quickly.

For someone to get such a kick out of seeing pain being dealt to another person, that in itself is sickening.

Just ignore the trolls. Don't even bother justifying yourself, because it's pointless.

That's what they want you to do.

• Brohoof 1

Just try and ignore them if you can.

Or better yet, you can try talkng to them, there was this one story I heard about a brony who had a talk with a troll and the troll understood our ways after that

post-27192-0-91196400-1406546176.png

• Brohoof 1

Distract them with idle talk long enough for the sun to rise and turn them to stone!

Or, if that doesn't work on the variety of "trolls" you're referring to...  Ignore them?  Anyone who craves attention desperately enough to be deliberately antagonistic / inflammatory deserves none of yours.  Walking away spares you further emotional upset and denies them what they want; it's a win-win.

The End!  Though personally I liked the thing I said about the sun. xD

• Brohoof 1

LOVE AND TOLLERATE!!!!!! Yeah, it works. Accept their viewpoint and that defuses the entire thing. If you accept it, and they keep trolling, people easily see that they are being a troll and start hating them! They cant hate you if you dont give them a reason to hate you! Still, I would prefer a nice roundhouse to the face. It makes you feel better and improves their face. Unfortunantly, that does not work over the internet, so love and tollerate. Convert them if you can

yep that is what i do and also mess with there heads 

• Brohoof 1

I never really responded to trolls in the past... Although, there was a short period of time when I was just new to the Brony fandom where I (for no apparent reason) responded to this group of obvious trolls (will not mention the groups name, as it will still technically give them attention). Yeah, it was is a pretty dumb idea to respond to trolls in general. How I dealt with the trolls? Unfortunately I just reacted to them angrily... Again, don't feed the trolls!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Befriend them or ignore depending on their competence.

well ignoring works accept they think you week so sometimes its good to answer back however I came across this guy who was calling us bronies pervs and such partly the clopper thing so I got into a heated discussion with him and he later calmed down so we had a last discussion and he told me about his daughter dunno as this is the net anyway we managed to sympathise with each other and left with a little more respect for each other.the problem with cloppers is like the issue with furries as its animals for a start and second its a series which was in a way meant for kids as lauren faust didnt know what she had done would do exactly what her idea was to break the stereotypes created by mlp and other companies.dont get me wrong all im saying is if you are a clopper keep it to yourself and not give the rest of us a worse name than we already have. Its hard enough.

Edited by chaos rains
  • Brohoof 1

How to deal with trolls? The easiest way is to overtroll them.

I wouldn't say that's the easiest way, especially if the person who's dealing with the troll isn't good at trolling, sarcasm, or jokes.

But hey if that's the way you do it, more power to you.

• Brohoof 3

1. Don't respond. Muster up every ounce of decency and don't waste your time responding

2. if you do respond, make it light-hearted, neutral, or something that will defuse them.

3. rage about it in private so friends can console you, but without you naming names or sending links.

4. collect a arm-full of stuffed animals you're not very attached to, load up on artillery shells, and blow up the stuffed animals in a vacant field

5. hang the mangled stuffed animals with awkward bits blown off of them on your wall, and laugh forever.

Lol I like you, that made my day

With some, if they only troll a little to get attention by bigger members, I'm nice and befriend because they don't really mean any harm. Most others though, I'll report. I believe in equality for all if they don't mean harm.

And when I'm on mineboard, being mod and hopping threads, if I find trolls, I report them to the admins(my friends) and let them decide their fate if the trolling wasn't bad. If it looks like spam though, I'll sink their threads, report them to the admins, then ban them.

How to deal with trolls...............very simple.  Look at there comments and have a good laugh, b/c it shows how bad there are and all they want is attention.  Let it be and move on. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Honestly, I troll them back. If someone trolls me they're basically just asking to leave the conversation in a very...unhappy manner. I never troll people who don't already troll me in the first place because the people who start trolling should know better. End result...troll Fire and she'll RIP YOU TO SHREDS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fire Sky

Only a few times do trolls get the best fo me. (Usually if I"m already having a bad day)

The weapons I use are:

1. The power of ignoring: it usually frightens them.

2. The power of logic: usually when these people attack it is in a nonsensical fasion. I have encountered trolls who bash things for terrible reasons. Sometimes I like to tell trolls off by criticizing and refuting their claims on the matter. (I guess it could be considered "feeding the troll") but most of the time it is fun to do this because it makes them look stupid. lol

(edited)

Because I have aspergers, I'm very sensitive to what other people say. So I used to be very sensitive to troll comments. I haven't replied to too many but I took almost every troll comment I seen personally. For example, on Youtube I see several troll comments on Nintendo videos who say Sony or Microsoft is better, it's for little kids, or something. Back in November I saw an article saying will Nintendo get any attention this holiday which infuriated me so much that I posted a comment. And I got into a discussion with a troll who keeps saying I'm wrong. I eventually stopped posting and haven't looked back on it.

When I saw MLP videos on Youtube or videos with any pony references, I saw more troll comments than I've ever seen. On most MLP videos I've seen especially the ones with over 100,000 views, at least half of the comments are troll comments and people get into endless discussions. Trolls keep saying stuff that's not true, diss other people, trying to get attention, etc. They even say stuff like "Your family sucks", "You have no friends", or "You're a loser". But really the trolls are the losers because they probably have a bad life and no friends. If you say stuff like "You have no friends" then that applies to you because it's not friendly. They do that because they want to be cool but they aren't and that shows immaturity.

I used to reply to troll comments because I thought it would change their minds. But instead it gets worse. I realized that I should just ignore them and move on because they're always wrong. Trolls are the ones with no lives or friends with nothing better to do than flame on the internet. Those who aren't trolls have good lives and friends and are positive and respectful. Trolling is a sinful thing to do.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 1