Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is canon that Aj parents are dead. Episode about death.

Conred

Cannon-Ish (I like to think so)  It was confirmed on twitter that the two shooting stars at the end of Apple Family Reunion were to represent her parents.

There are so many ways that this can be tackled appropriately for little kids.

Here are two examples

Tell me again why a kids show can't talk about death?

Haven't seen Rugrats for years but they nailed they right on target. I think it was a perfect way to handle it so that children could take it. 

• Brohoof 1

Haven't seen Rugrats for years but they nailed they right on target. I think it was a perfect way to handle it so that children could take it. 

It's funny because I am talking about another tear jerker of a cartoon in another thread. I didn't post it here originally because it didn't for as well as Rugrats (the immediacy of death vs. memory).

Chipmunks belong on the list of cartoons that tackled death ... so much so.

Cannon-Ish (I like to think so)  It was confirmed on twitter that the two shooting stars at the end of Apple Family Reunion were to represent her parents.

There are so many ways that this can be tackled appropriately for little kids.

Here are two examples

Tell me again why a kids show can't talk about death?

Dude that Rugrats one makes me cry every time I watch it. No joke. ;3;

• Brohoof 1

There definitely should be an episode about death. Death is not respected enough in this modern community.

I have had some thought on that. Applejack dying, the other 5, Spike, and Discord go to the Underworld to get her back, Discord plays an epic game of chess against Death, and at the end Applejack has to choose between going back to the living world with her friends or being in the Underworld with her parents. Not to forget some Discworld-references for good measure. 

Hm, I really think I sould make a fanfic with this...

But I already have seven other fanfics floating in my head...

I need a mirror pool.

• Brohoof 1

They should make a sad episode about it. I think it's OK for children, there're many kids cartoons that have tackled death.

Their death should be implied though, Applejack should tell what happened but nothing should be shown.

• Brohoof 1

It is canon. AJ's dead parents are canon.

Remember Applejack's episode with the Apple Family? Remember those two stars? Those are the souls of her dead parents. It's canon, and the artists/writer have confirmed it.

That scene is a large part of why she is my second fav on the show.

post-25990-0-40649500-1406907611_thumb.png

Applejacks-parents-and-children-my-littl

Only storyboard artist confirmed it, and it was still not a clear symbol for younger audience to understand it. Now they want entire episode about it.

Only? No. Not only Sibsy. Take a look at the 2014 SDCC panel. It's kinda what started this thread.

Woudn't little girls watching it ask their parents if those ponies going to die too? Seem like magical world of fantasy is becoming more realistic with diseases, disability and death with each season. We already seen disabled pony on a wheelchair. Not sure if it fits that colorfull utopia.

what do you think they change it for? They are always tackling real issues I mean violence loss of friendship betrayal it should teach real issues as it was meant to, love and tolerance. Death is friggen hard on kids and adults dont get it any easier since unlike kids we understand it more, we all need to recognise it not cower and shelter our kids from it. We all pass on so why not teach our kids not to fear it and when the time comes they may be ready thats how I see it but ive been ready for years.also the wheelchair thing brings me back to the issue with derpy about the complaints and derph isn't the first a girl on cbbc a brittish show was fired for having kne arm I mean how do you think she felt huh? I and many thousands of others have the same experience and to know how we felt watch save derpy and discover how hurtful it truelly is to be judged and shunned by people.

Edited by chaos rains

Only? No. Not only Sibsy. Take a look at the 2014 SDCC panel. It's kinda what started this thread.

yeah, i made this thread after that panel, im just saying it was fully confirmed right after SDCC

I don't see why parents are worried of their kids seeing death at a young age. Everyone sees death at different ages, sometimes we understand why, or don't understand why. Let us not forget the news. We all watch it and sometimes or all the time we see a news report of a death of someone.

I lost my grandma at age 4, I didn't fully understood it yet but I felt I did.

what do you think they change it for? They are always tackling real issues I mean violence loss of friendship betrayal it should teach real issues as it was meant to, love and tolerance. Death is friggen hard on kids and adults dont get it any easier since unlike kids we understand it more, we all need to recognise it not cower and shelter our kids from it. We all pass on so why not teach our kids not to fear it and when the time comes they may be ready thats how I see it but ive been ready for years.also the wheelchair thing brings me back to the issue with derpy about the complaints and derph isn't the first a girl on cbbc a brittish show was fired for having kne arm I mean how do you think she felt huh? I and many thousands of others have the same experience and to know how we felt watch save derpy and discover how hurtful it truelly is to be judged and shunned by people.

Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "this show is about love and tolerance" thing.

If it hasn't ever gotten into a lot of peoples heads, Television isn't what it used to be, Parents are being overprotective of their kids, but the funny thing is the ones who are, usually had their kids at young age. So Hasbro wants to keep a good status where Parents won't flip out so they keep viewers. I'm pretty certain even if it was sad, some stupid Parent would flip. cause it reverts to "death" just how parents hate it when their kids say "I killed a cow" when they are referring to when they played Minecraft.

Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "this show is about love and tolerance" thing.

its because we arent the norm and happen to be going against the ugly ideas of society and the discrimination we grow up with and mlp designed by lauren faust was created to break this curse and allow kids and adults to understand each other and our differences without the constant attacks and cast outs. I cant describe it well but society needs a face job and big time. There is no class and we shouldnt live the way we are yold but the way we choose provided we harm nothing in the proccess. We should be accepting and tolerant. Sorry about the bad writing as im using a tablet.

If it hasn't ever gotten into a lot of peoples heads, Television isn't what it used to be, Parents are being overprotective of their kids, but the funny thing is the ones who are, usually had their kids at young age. So Hasbro wants to keep a good status where Parents won't flip out so they keep viewers. I'm pretty certain even if it was sad, some stupid Parent would flip. cause it reverts to "death" just how parents hate it when their kids say "I killed a cow" when they are referring to when they played Minecraft.

That assumes that there is are identifiable clear lines of demarcation in television throughout its history. I don't believe there really is. It's more fluid than that.

We tend to want to categorize and structure the evolution of any media, because that's what humans do. As always the truth resists simplicity.

• Brohoof 1