Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Life in Equestria

Lightning Bliss

@@Lightning Bliss,

Rag nodded and picks up some white and yellow fabric and put them in his bag. He also got some needles with some spools of white and yellow thread and a bag of cotton with some blue buttons for eyes. "I think that's all I need for the doll." He said as he went back over to Bliss. "And I think my friend would have done it too. He said he's burn down a bar more then once."

Edited by Gloomfury

@@Gloomfury,

She giggled again though was beginning to wonder what friends this pony really hanged out with, and partially hoped he was just joking.

"Well then, why don't we head back to my booth? Or do you prefer a private place to do your work?" She asked beaming, hoping that she'd be allowed to watch him and his talent unfold.

-- Meanwhile --

Chase Razor stuck his head out the carriage window to observe the scenery. He had done this several times in the past hour, expecting they'd be there already, but to his annoyance, a single pegasi apparently wasn't as fast as royal balloon travel. Rolling his eyes and convicing himself he got this ride more then half the price, he huffed a bit and sat back, waiting as patiently as he could muster.

Then abruptly, he could tell they were descending rapidly, and stuck his head out again to see where they were headed. A large smile, with devlish eyes flickered onto his face, as he spotted the lovely rainbow falls and town. Yes...good... he thought to himself as the pegasus made his descent, soon Lighting Bliss...we'll be meeting real soon...

@@Lightning Bliss,

"Anywhere would be fine. But would you mind his we did it somewhere quiet? I like sewing in calm places, like by the rainbow lake. Also I doubt there'll be a lot of ponies there as well." He puts Dishcloth back in her carrier and stayed close to Lightning Bliss. "And if you want I can tell you about the other ponies I met while I was wondering."

@@Gloomfury,

"Sure," she smiled, "just lead the way, and I will follow. Besides I need to describe what my doll looked like in the past." She followed the shy earth pony through the trading booths, wondering what kind of travels and ponys he's seen.

"I guess you living outside, tends to mean you don't have a solid place of residence... Do you like living without a home?"

@@Lightning Bliss,

As he walked next to Bliss he thought about her question. "Well... It's interesting and I end up seeing and meeting interesting ponies and places. But I wouldn't mined having a real home." His head goes down. "Even when I was little my home didn't really feel like one. I was living in a cellar for most of my life. During that time I never seen the outside world, not even sunlight."

@@Gloomfury,

Something deep inside her flickered a bit...an unstability in his spirit. Usually her magic reacted when there was disbalance in the magic of peace...but here it was small, and painful.

"I see..." she spoke finally, trying to shake the feeling off, but knowing it edged her forward as she spotted a bridge near the rainbow falls. "Oh look there's a nice spot!"

@@Lightning Bliss,

Rag Stitch looked where Bliss was addressing. He gave a small smile. "It dose look nice." He walks over to the spot and takes off his saddlebags. Then he pulls out a old looking blanket and lied it on the ground for them to sit on. Then he took out the stuff for the doll and sat down. Then he got to work.

@@Gloomfury,

She laid down next to him, cupping her legs underneath her belly as she watched the magic of Rag's handywork unfold.

"You know..." she finally spoke after a few minutes, "you don't have to talk about your past...if you don't want to...It's just that... I sense an unease with you...as if a part of yourself seems...conflicted...You say you weren't allowed to leave the home you used to have...I'm just curious as to what you mean...And how did it change to where you are now?"

-- Meanwhile --

After firmly giving off his goodbyes to the taxi pegasus, Chase stomped off towards the festivities, searching for an omnious white alicorn with large ears, his intent made clear.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Rag thought about it for a bit as he sewed. "I.. I guess I don't mind telling you. My mother and father were unicorns, but I was born  a mud pony. That's what they call earth ponies. And instead of giving me away or leaving me at an orphanage or in the woods. They raised my in the cellar in the bottom of the house where they kept they laundry to be cleaned. The the only times the came down was to feed me and change me. They never gave me a name eitherOther then that I was always alone. As I got older they showed me how to clean and wash clothing. And that was my job. As soon as I learned to read and write they left me alone completely and lowered my food and water to me from a dumbwaiter.  

Soon I started teach myself how to sew when i found holes in the clothes. As I got better I started having ideas of what I could make. I was able to make myself a bed out of old clothing and rags I was sleeping on. I made this blanket." He rubs the blanked they were sitting on with a small smile. "And I made my best friend." He hugs Dishcloth closely to him as he kept working. "And when I made her I got my cutie mark. Even though I didn't know what it was at the time or what it meant I was really happy for some reason and I started crying. " He rubs his eyes a little and sniffs. "And that was the day I named myself." 

He go to work stuffing the doll, fixing the eyes and the horn. "A few years later when I was older there was a huge fire." He sewed on the eyes. "The smoke was thick which made it vary hard to breath. And it was starting to flood the cellar. I was coughing a lot and getting really tired. I was about to fall asleep when Dishcloth told me to wake up. I was still coughing but I still got up. I was able to get her, her carrier and my blanket. I climbed up through the dumbwaiter and into the kitchen. And from there I wan out the back door. I don't know if mother and father made it. But I just kept running even though my lungs felt like they were on fire. I made it to a small park before I collapsed. And I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life. Not cause of the fire or me escaping. But for the very first sunrise I have ever seen." He get done stuffing and fixing the horn, After sewing up the hole he used to put the fluff in he hold it out to her. "I hope I did a good job."

@@Gloomfury,

Bliss looked at the doll...and began to cry hard.

So many thoughts went through her head...how she could have been if she had a life like that. She remembered being bullied as a foal...but...but never disloved by her mother and father... They weren't ashamed of her appearence of what she was...they loved her for who she was and pushed her to be the best she could be...She had a loving family, a status, and a chance to make something of herself as a Princess...and she found herself lacking in life and not apprecitive...

And here was Rag Stitch...still smiling despite the truama he went through...still enjoying life and his talents in doll making. Despite never really knowing the magics of love and friendship...peace and harmony...It moved her deeply to see that such a troubled pony, could still find the will to keep living on...and enjoying his life to the fullest.

She then looked at the doll he made her, it was a spot match replica to the one she lost in a cloudsdale fire at the factory. Her unicorn doll had burned up in the hysteria...and she thought it lost forever. Yet here it was...seeming to be the exact same one, brandnew and waiting for her to snuggle into. She wasted no time in hugging it dearly, crying into its soft fabric and beautiful stitching.

"Awww...isn't this just precious..." Chase Razor spoke as he peered over the bridge.

He had been walking the festivel on the other side of the rainbow creek area, searching out for Lightning Bliss, but was growing frustrated and decided to look on the otherside. To his joy and eagerness he happened to spot the white mare clear as day with a grayish, bum looking young stallion. He carefully watched the two at a distance to see what the stallion was capable of in strength, but when he saw the fact he was sewing the princess a doll...he mocked him quietly to himself, seeing he was no threat to himself at all, and got closer to listen in on the story. Now that it was finished, he didn't hesitate to make himself known.

"The Princess and the Pauper...all snuggled up playing with dolls... I'd cry if it weren't so disgusting..." He leapt off the bridge, making a splashy entrance in the river, and intentionally splashing water on both their dolls before turning his eyes to Bliss. "Been a long time Floppy Ears... you missed me?"

"Chase...Razor..." she snorted and sat up, pulling her soggy wet doll away from him, "what do you want now... I don't have time for your games..."

"I don't play games Floppy Ears, you know that...You also know why I'm here..." He suddenly snatched her doll away, with his levitation and holding it up for closer inspection. "Interesting toy...didn't know you played with dolls Floppy Ears..."

"Hey give it back! That's mine!" She whinnied trying to get it back.

Chase merely shoved her back down, forcing her to sit, grinning evily as he kept her new doll away.

Dusk Nova walked into Canterlot, noticing a message at his door noting a festival going on.

"Maybe I should go there soon"

Dusk drops off his gear at his watchtower, and flies off to Rainbow Falls.

As he arrives...He notices a few people.

"This seems interesting...Maybe I should introduce myself to a few people."

@@Lightning Bliss

Rag stared at Dishcloth and Bliss's doll as the new, mean pony jumped off the bridge and into the rainbow lake. He could feel his whole body start to shake as she pony makes fun of them and their dolls. When Chase took Bliss's doll and pushed her down when she tried to take it back his whole body started to shake. Rag as never really been angry before. Even though he's never bean angry he knew what this feeling was. He puts down Dishcloth, stands up and gets in front of Bliss. Even though his legs were shaking he gave Chase a hateful glare. "L-leave us a-alone. And giver B-Bliss's doll b-back."

@@Gloomfury,

"Aww the little doll maker speaks," Chase glared down the smaller, obviously timid stallion as he continued to examin her doll, continuing to talk without looking at him, "I suggest you watch what you say next colt...I don't take kindly to others getting in the way of my goals...Which is to punish the Princess for all those times she humiliated me..." He then darted a threatning, predator like stare at Rag, his horn lightly growing in magic as if he was readying himself for a spell.

"Stop it Chase! Leave him alone..." Bliss whinnied and struggled to get to her feet. "Fine...destroy my doll, go right ahead if it makes you feel better! But leave us alone!" She stomped the ground, snorting.

"I think not, though if this doll means that much to you..." He suddenly activated his horn, as a match of red fire sparked on a small patch of grass, then...to her horror, he levitated her precious new doll over it, slowly cooking it in front of them.

@@Lightning Bliss, (( Listen to this song while you read.))

Rag stared wide eyes at the fire and the doll he just made for his new friends being roasted over it. His whole body along with his eye started to twitch as he stared at the fire. Memories of the fire that took his mother and fathers home started to cloud his mind. He wanted to run. But he couldn't he just stared at the doll. He felt love for it just like for Dishcloth. And if anyone did that to her... Pure hate started to flood into him. He looks at Chase with the same hate and anger he was filling now. He started to bear his teeth as he cliched then tightly. And then he snapped.

He charged into chase and knock him to the ground with him on top. And Rag just started pounding on Chases face with all  his hate, anger and sorrow. As tears started to pour from his eyes. 

Edited by Gloomfury

@@Gloomfury,

Bliss had barely enough to time stand up as she watched the once peaceful, sweet stallion Rag Stitch, burst like a volcano, and watched in horror and sadness as he wailed on her rival Chase. She quickly grabbed his doll along with her own and held them close like they were her own children as the violence played out.

Quickly she inspected her own unicorn doll. To her relief it was only singed on its hooves, the fabric falling off along with some of the stitching, but she knew she could fix it herself. But that was besides the point...right now...she was wondering what could fix the violent situation...Having no idea how to intervene...

Chase threw his hooves up as he was tackled to the ground, protecting his horn and muzzle as the stallion overpowered him in strength. He was completely taken by surprise of the smaller stallion, not realizing he would have an opponant to defend the Princess so violently. Not to be detered though...he snorted in annoyance, and focused his magic... In a violent burst of magical deceat...he conjured more flames, only bursting it forth from his horn and into Rag's face, throwing him off and sending him skying into the shallow parts of the river.

He stood up fast and dusted himself off, taking is cloak off to reveal he was in fact still wearing his bronzed armor he always wore when on a hunt. Pawing the ground and swaying his head, he confronted the earth pony. "You wretched little fool! YOU DARE STAND IN MY WAY!" He charged Rag violently into the river, ramming his head into Rag's side, and tossing him further into the river, then proceeded to kick and beat him violently.

@@Lightning Bliss

Rag was in a lot of pain and it was just getting worse from the beating. But he had to fight back. When he met his other friends while he was wondering most of them knew how to fight. And they taught hims a few things so he could defend himself  when he needed to. He gets in a ball with his hooves covering his face. Then he kicked Chase in the face with one of his hind legs and got up when he knocked him back. Then he got up and bit his neck and started punching his chest and gut with strong uppercuts. That he learn from his friend who was a boxer.

@@Gloomfury,

Chase took a step back, his nose dripped a bit in red from the kick as Rag re-enforced back his own assault and defense against him. Chase merely grinned and put his hooves up. The fool had no idea he was facing a former Royal Guard, and he had all the training to withstand assults as aggressive as this. He blocked each blow repeatly as Rag continued to fight, merely buying his time till he saw a weak point...He didn't have to wait soon.

He noticed the young stallion kept his left side open too much, and waited for the opening to reappear as Rag would take another left hook at his face. He saw the opening, and ducked under his next punch, turning around, and bucking him in the lower left side of his ribs, this time litterally kicking him out of the water and on to shore where Blissy was standing.

"RAG!" Bliss ran to his side and held his head, her own anger was boiling, "CHASE! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Bliss snorted and stood next to Rag protecitvly. "He did nothing to you!"

"He got in my way... you should know not to put friends in front of you when facing me...coward Floppy Ears..." He wiped his nose clean as he approached, "Why do you keep putting your friends in harms way knowing they will be serverely injured? You enjoy seeing them in pain?"

"Just stop it Chase...what do you want?" She snorted...trying the best she could to keep from exploding.

"I want you..." He snorted and spit some blood out of his mouth, "I want you... to get down on your knees...and BEG for forgiveness...for what you did to me..."

"I didn't do it to hurt you Chase...you were going to injure that poor gryphon...for no reason...and-"

"TO IMPRESS YOU!" He stomped the ground in front of her, "YOU WERE SO BLIND TO MY AFFECTIONS! HOW ELSE WAS I GOING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!!?"

"It's over Chase...we never were meant to be and you know it..." She stood up straight, her ears back and horn at the ready. "I will not beg forgiveness for not doing anything wrong..."

Chase snorted at the stubborn mare, and pawed the ground, getting into a charging stance. "Then you will blow, when I knock you off your skinny legs!" He charged forth at her.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Rag coughed and wheezed a few times  as he tried to get his wind back. He was still crying and in even more pain then before. But he had to protect Bliss. That was the one thing that was in his mind. "Protect Bliss, protect Bliss, protect Bliss..." Was all he was thinking. He slowly got up and reached into his bag to bring out the monkey wrench. When Chase got close enough, Rag Slammed it right into Chase's Face. Then he did it again to the other side, which knocked him over. Rag stumbles over him out of breath. "L-leave my friend alone." 

@@Gloomfury,

"GAH *gags*" Chase to the ground on his side next to Rag, wallowing in pain from the ugly blow of the wrench. He was seeing stars...and double vision...unable to focus on what was once two ponies, now seemed like six. "You...wretched...pony scums...I'll...I'll...get you for this..." he struggled to his hooves, wobbling like a newborn foal, only to fall over again, rallying in agony.

Bliss blinked at Chase...not feeling sorry for him, but some remorse and slight discomfort at seeing him in pain, then turned to Rag...who was just as badly beaten up but still standing. Her bottom lip puffed out, and slowly she began to cry, then wrapped her hooves around him while still holding their dolls.

"Thank you...Oh gods thank you..." she cried into his neck, "I'm so sorry you got involved in this...Gah but your injured! We must get you to a clinic!" She then looked at Chase...and snorted a bit knowing he needed medical attention too. She sighed and focused her magic on him...then concentrated on the nearest clinic on the other side of the festivel. Chase's body was soon surrounded by a rainbow aura, and in the blink of an eye, vanished in a teleportation spell. After he was gone, she stummbled back a bit, woozy by the effort and lack of magic for the time being. "Gah...it's hard to do a full body teleportation like that for me...But at least Chase will be at the other side of the Festivel...He'll...be taken care of...Come on... I'll help you get to a clinic." She pressed her side up against Rag's and encouraged him to walk and follow her.

@@Lightning Bliss, ((I am glad to say that winning that fight gave Rag some bad ass points.))

Rag drops the monkey wrench and fell on his flack. He was hurting and out a breath. But oddly he felt good. Really good in fact. Like he got a lot of heavy bags filled with rocks of his shoulders. He leans against Bliss and rest his head in her mane. He gives her a weak hug. "I... protected you..." Then his eyes closed as he passed out.

• Brohoof 1

Dusk spends about 2 hours wandering around the falls,

ending up not finding anything interesting.

He flew back home, and walked upstairs.

"Guess I'm as antisocial as always..."

He continued to pull out a book,

and looked down into the city,

enjoying seeing the smiling

ponies.

"I'm glad I live in Canterlot, where royals belong."

@@Gloomfury,

(OOC Ha i thought that worked out very good. Now Chase is out of the way but not out of the fight! Round One is over, lets see how long before we get to Round Two! Good job Rag Stitch!)

She smiled at the tired stallion, and almost didn't want to move him, he seemed surprisngly at peace. Though she detested violence...seeing that look of calm and serentiy made it worth the look she saw on his face.

"You did protect me...you brave...crazy little stallion..." She smiled to him, then gentle nuzzled her way under his belly, and slid his sleeping form, down her neck and onto her back with a quick swoop of effort. He was a tad heavy on her, but she could manage. She remembered carrying apple barrels much heavier then this when she was teen pegasi back in Ponyville. "Not so heavy now are we? I think I can even fly with you on my back..." She smiled and kicked off the ground, flapping in a soft flutter, not rushing too much to get to the clinic, making sure she kept his balance on her back.

Luckily there was a clinic not more then a few yards past a few booths, and she sighed with relief seeing they were defiently well stocked with supplies as well as professionals. She landed down, skidding a bit from her own wind whiplash, then walked to the nearest nurse pony she spotted.

"Excuse me?" She asked one the nurse, "my friend here... He got into a bit of a fight...um...he's kinda banged up and... could you?"

"Of course your Highness!" The nurse recongized Princess Lightning Bliss almost immideatly, and took Rag Stitch from her back, "oh my he is cut up! Don't worry though, we'll put him on a bed, and bandage up his cuts. They aren't too bad, just looks like he put in alot of effort into this...fight..." The nurse blinked at her new patient, then turned to the alicorn, "what happened? If I may ask your Highness?"

"He..." she smiled and patted his head, "he protected me from a bully." She smiled and sat next to him, refusing to leave his side.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Rag slept pretty soundly, even though he felt like he was hit by a train.  For the first time in his life he wasn't the one needing protection he was the one who was doing the protecting. After getting a good bit of rest, Rag Stitch woke up about and hour later. His left eye was black and swollen so he was only able to open his right one. He looks around with it till he say Bliss. He smiled seeing that she was alright. "HiBliss. Where am I?"

@@Gloomfury,

"Hey Rag you're awake!" She nuzzled his cheek, "you're at a Ready Clinic that's been set up in various parts of the festivel. They patched you up and put some ice on your eye but...they said it's gonna be...swollen...oh my..." she looked at his eye, it was pretty black and hideious looking. It was so puffy he couldn't even open it. "I'm so so sorry about this Rag..." she sighed and lightly picked up his doll Dishcloth and handed it to him. "Don't worry about your friend, I managed to save her... I just, wish I could say the same about my little friend..."

She then lifted the doll he not made for her not more then a few minutes ago, displaying its feet had been completely toasted off.

"Chase managed to burn the hooves off...Um...I don't know if it can be fixed... And you don't have to either!" She quickly added in, "after what you did to protect me and the doll in the first place and having to show for it...is a black eye... I couldn't ask you to fix it..."

@@Lightning Bliss

Rag Stitch hugs Dishcloth close to him as he slowly sits up, letting out a grunt or two. Then he looked at the day he made just for Lightning Bliss.  He was sad that it got hurt.  He slowly reached over with another grunt and picked it up to look it over. After checking what he needed to fix he looked back over to Bliss. "I don't mind fixing it. I made it just for you and I want it to be in a good shape. Plus, in a way, Dishcloth his kinda like its sister and she's worried about it too." He made Dishcloth look at Bliss and nod her head.

Edited by Gloomfury