Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do Lots of Bronies Love Lesson Zero That Much?

Pinky Pie

For someone with a PInkamena avatar I'm quite surprised you don't love Lesson Zero; Pinkamena fan status tends to = Party of One fan status,and Lesson Zero hits a loooot of the same notes Party of One did as far as 'seeing a mane6's CRAZY UNSETTLED side' and 'showing very plainly that the show isn't meant for only young girls'.

As far why exactly people love it so much?  Well, let me get to writing one of my patented lists... (I wonder if anyone's following my posts yet and are starting to expect these when I make just about any post, lol...)

- Like you said, possibly one of the most important things to big fans of the show, especially when it was a new episode and brought this concept into play for the first time, it served to expand the show and change a major element of it; instead of just Twilight writing letters to Celestia, it would be the whole cast from now on.

- Crazy Twilight.  People loved Crazy Rarity, Crazy Pinkie and the bit of Crazy Flutters we got in season 1, so why not bring the main character (and at the time by far most popular pony overall, as I recall) into the mix?   

- As pointed out above, it's to this day one of THE strongest episodes to showcase to potential new fans (or anyone, really) that Friendship is Magic ain't your momma's My Little Pony cartoon.  It would tend to have content that teens and adults would 'get' more like Twilight's stress factor, and flat-out showing the main pony going so flat-out crazy was kind of the ultimate "This show is NOT what you were expecting", in a good, if not kinda bonkers, way.

- It was the kick-off to the SUPER INSANELY ANTICIPATED new season after the Return of Harmony two-parter, which was like a full month earlier and felt more like a proper end to Season 1 than the beginning of Season 2.  Lesson Zero really felt like the true beginning of a new season by upping the craziness in a NORMAL episode and preparing us for the kind of stuff we should start expecting from the show, more cartooniness, less holds barred and just overall more fun and unexpectedness.  And lo and behold, Season 2 ended up becoming what's still considered the best season overall.

- It featured every major character in a quite meaningful way; not only all of the Mane 6 and Spike but also Celestia, the CMC and Big Mac, even Mayor Mare and a bit of Derpy.  I'm still impressed with how it squeezed so many meaningfully into an ep that was really all about Twilight, it's one of my favorite things about the episode.

- The point/moral of the episode is to this day one of the most important and relatable in the entire series, I believe.  We ALL stress over things like this, to some degree, especially with how modern life and society are, and it's great to have any kind of reminder that it doesn't have to be that way.

I think more than anything though it's the "Great ep to get people started on / show them what the show's about", "Showcase of Season 2 and how much more crazy it's gonna be", and "Insane Twilight" elements.

• Brohoof 1

Lesson Zero is very different from the other episodes. Twilight becomes completely crazy, there's a violent Fluttershy moment etc.

I think it's because it's an original episode and not girly at all.

Edited by Blobulle