Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria Girls something I must watch?

Yummychickenblue

Well thats what FiM is supposed to do to though, sell toys.

Yeah, well, Lauren Faust and the team did so well it doesn't come out that way. Some things you can tell Hasbro made them do.

• Brohoof 2

No.

'Equestria Girls' is NOT something you MUST watch.

It doesn't have too much of an impact on the series itself.

It isn't even that good, either.

• Brohoof 1

No, you do not have to watch it if you don't want to, trust me.  You see, it has no relation to the friendship is magic sires, it was just put in the middle of wait time for season 4, and 1. Hasbro just made it to make more toys, which=MONEY!! 2. Like I said before, just to entertain people while waiting for season 4.

I love the movie, I would give it a B+.  Good music, good plot, but umm.. sorta bad story line. I would give this movie a YNO. (Yes/no)

This movie deserves a DuckFace stamp of approvel.  :pout:

• Brohoof 1

It's an okay movie. After watching it a few times I'd say that it's entertaining enough. Nothing special but not nearly as bad as some people like to say it is.

And I'm not sure where to find it in HD. I just watched it on Netflix anyway, good enough for me.

Where can I watch it in HD? Netflix doesn't want to stream it in HD I can't find it on YouTube without annoying commentators and I couldn't find it on Daily Motion either.

Both Walmart and Target sell the DVD. Show your support and throw some cash at Hasbro!

Honestly, the movie itself wasn't that bad. If you liked seeing the characters for the first time in the first episode then I would say yes you should watch it. But if you already watched season 4 then no you don't have to. It just basically shows you Twilight having to deal with her new wings, which is very entertaining. All-in-all it isn't that bad. But come on you said it yourself you didn't think that FIM would be this good and now your a brony, so never knock something until you try it.

• Brohoof 1

You don't have to watch it but myself I would sit down for a while and give it a try although the storyline is kind of blunt they have got some clever references and humor with character development a little less small little bits but nothing to go on about it's not the best thing in the world but since it is still (related) to mlp and if so you follow it at least it's best to give it a try.   

Well I finally watched it a few days ago and it was definitely better than some people make it put to be. Not as good as the show at all but it was good. Sunset Shimmers plan was really poorly thought out though she was trying to take a small towns worth of high school students and take on an entire kingdom, I was also really upset when they didn't play We Will Rock You by Queen in the cafeteria instead they sang about helping Twilight get the crown, they had the opening to We Will Rock You. Following my previous statement iI found it odd that they were singing during lunch, while this would be common in Equestria you would be labeled as crazy or insane by today's human society.

Isn't that the reaction of every brony before they watched MLP?

:lol: , yeah, I thought that before watching ponies. Anyways, to answer the topic, you don't need to watch EG in order to keep watching the show, the most it carried over from EG were a couple of cameos of Flash Sentry, but nothing more. But maybe you should watch it, since deep down in you, you have curiosity for the movie. It's now awful in my opinion, but don't expect a masterpiece either

I enjoyed Equestria Girls. It was well made and sure the story had a few hiccups but it was alright. Not really something you "must watch".

I Would recommend it even thought the first equestria girls wasn't as good as the show Equestria Girls; Rainbow Rocks seems to look better than it but it would be best to watch the first one as it starts the story of Equestria Girls

Edited by Francesca Lucchini