Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria Girls something I must watch?

Yummychickenblue

Well I finally watched it a few days ago and it was definitely better than some people make it put to be. Not as good as the show at all but it was good. Sunset Shimmers plan was really poorly thought out though she was trying to take a small towns worth of high school students and take on an entire kingdom, I was also really upset when they didn't play We Will Rock You by Queen in the cafeteria instead they sang about helping Twilight get the crown, they had the opening to We Will Rock You. Following my previous statement iI found it odd that they were singing during lunch, while this would be common in Equestria you would be labeled as crazy or insane by today's human society.

Next up, Rainbow Rocks. As one who was cautiously optimistic when I saw the trailers of the first movie, I can honestly say the sequel's trailers have left a better impression on me, mainly for these reasons:

1. The villains are more impressionable.
  2. Sunset Shimmer seems more bearable.
  3. The shorts were adorable.
  • Brohoof 1

I have just recently become a brony (2 months or so) and I am still watching Season 2 (Just watched Episode 20). Once I have watched Season 3 I will watch Equestria Girls, I have just bought it on Blu Ray 2 days ago. I also can't wait for Rainbow Rocks to come out, me and my friend want to go to the cinema to watch it.

I know that you've watched the movie but I thought I would throw in my opinion of EG. I found the movie entertaining. I really didn't want to watch it since the ponies were being turned into humans. But after I watched it fully (I didn't watch it fully the first time, I pretty much skipped over the human parts and only watched the pony parts, but after I gave it a chance it really surprised me, although I would prefer that EG doesn't interact with the main story line (FiM) which it isn't doing). Of course the story wasn't that perfect but what made me like it the most was the music. I found the music really entertaining (and I can't wait for Rainbow Rocks since it will be mostly about music :lol: ). I have watched the movie several times now and I often make my self cozy and get some snacks and have a movie night where I watch the movie. So I recommend you to watch it again.  :smug:

Did anybody see a PSY guy dancing Gangnam Style in the backround during the Fall Formal dance?

I have just recently become a brony (2 months or so) and I am still watching Season 2 (Just watched Episode 20). Once I have watched Season 3 I will watch Equestria Girls, I have just bought it on Blu Ray 2 days ago. I also can't wait for Rainbow Rocks to come out, me and my friend want to go to the cinema to watch it.

You've been a fan for longer than I have, I started watching at around the middle of July.

I know that you've watched the movie but I thought I would throw in my opinion of EG. I found the movie entertaining. I really didn't want to watch it since the ponies were being turned into humans. But after I watched it fully (I didn't watch it fully the first time, I pretty much skipped over the human parts and only watched the pony parts, but after I gave it a chance it really surprised me, although I would prefer that EG doesn't interact with the main story line (FiM) which it isn't doing). Of course the story wasn't that perfect but what made me like it the most was the music. I found the music really entertaining (and I can't wait for Rainbow Rocks since it will be mostly about music :lol: ). I have watched the movie several times now and I often make my self cozy and get some snacks and have a movie night where I watch the movie. So I recommend you to watch it again.  :smug:

Did anybody see a PSY guy dancing Gangnam Style in the backround during the Fall Formal dance?

I didn't notice him while watching but littleshyfim pointed him out in his EWW equestria girls.

You've been a fan for longer than I have, I started watching at around the middle of July.

I also started watching really recently, well I started watching in like May 28th or something. I'm really new but I have watched every show and movie and I'm really anxious to see Rainbow Rocks and Season 5. I'm really anxious to see how that plays out. For me the series have only been getting better. Even my best friend who is a non Bronie and doesn't really fancy the shows thinks that as well. He watches them with me (though he refuses to watch season 1 since he finds that to be really ''gay'' but he can tolerate the other seasons and the movie (though not the singing)) and he sometimes finds them to be funny. So I'm expecting Rainbow Rocks and Season 5 to be really really good. B)   

I didn't notice him while watching but littleshyfim pointed him out in his EWW equestria girls.

Is he a youtuber? Because I didn't notice when I was watching the movie. I saw it on youtube. One of the reviewers of EG showed that and I was like ''wuuuuuuuuuuut?''. 

If I had to give an answer, I'd say "No." Equestria Girls was the first My Little Pony franchise material I ever watched. It completely ruined everything to do with the beginning of the series. As can be seen, Equestria Girls had no lasting effect on Season 3 or 4, and if they do the whole Flash-Twilight Romance again, it might have an effect, but it's all under DHX's discretion.

i guess you should watch it if you really want to it takes place after the third season and its not the worst thing ever but it is like every other highschool movie you've ever seen

Except it's the only High School Drama that's meant for children under 6.

• Brohoof 1