Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deleting a status update

Codelyy
Go to solution Solved by King,

Why is it when i delete a status update i posted, It doesn't go away. It disappears but when i refresh the page, It's back?

When you delete a Status Update,you erase it from the public view.

Only Mods,Admins,and the OP(you in this case) are able to see the erased status update.

The red color means,in fact,that the Status Update is erased

• Brohoof 3

It's weird. I think that the staff are messing with some stuff right now to see if anything fixes it :P

Or maybe it is supposed to go like that. Can other people message on them? Because i'm pretty sure only you and the staff can see it.

Happens to me sometimes. If you want to delete it, you need to :

1. Go to your profile.

2. Go to the menu on the left and go to profile feed.

3. Once you are there, look for the pink highlighted status and delete it again. Once its deleted, then it will disappear.

4. Write a new status the return to community index, to see the new status.

5. Go back to profile, then profile feed, and you'll see the status you deleted disappeared.

Hope this helps.

I actually noticed this as well, in fact I had to delete the a test status separately from the status module on the forum index to at least limit visibility. At least there it disappeared. I had two almost instant replies so when I tried to delete it appeared to place it in a hold status requiring approval (also turned red) but I could still see it in my profile. It is possible that on deletion, the status creator and staff have view permissions still, but other users wouldn't ... meaning it is not visible to the general public.

I couldn't find anything in the user help files or FAQ's.

Actually, members can no longer "delete" status updates. However, they can hide them so that only they and mods/admins can see them.

So whilst it will still show up on your profile, only you and staff can see it.

• Brohoof 5

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.