Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Simon!

Simon

I've been meaning to start one of these threads for a while now, but alas I have not.  Feel free to ask me whatever you want to and I'll get back to you with one of my delightfully long-winded posts whenever I can :3  Some super-personal questions I might not answer or might answer via PM instead of on the forum, but besides that ask away! :D

• Brohoof 3

Best pony con?
BABSCon <3  No other pony con has pulled off anywhere near the guest list they did.

BABSCon <3 No other pony con has pulled off anywhere near the guest list they did.

Princess Big Mac was best princess!

What is your favorite iteration of the Chipmunks and why?

BABSCon <3 No other pony con has pulled off anywhere near the guest list they did.

/)

It's a ravenous world and the ceiling is very tall.

Diamond Dogs... or Diamond Dolls?

What is your favorite iteration of the Chipmunks and why?
80's cartoon by far.  The Alvin Show from the 60's I love mainly because it's what started the franchise, but the show itself wasn't anything amazing, and all of the characters besides Alvin and Dave were horribly undeveloped.  The more recent CGI stuff is okay but there's also a lot to not like about it... the personalities of the characters were changed a lot, it was the first generation of the chipmunks to not use the creator of the franchise's family for the majority of the voice acting, and it relies a lot on low humor that just doesn't appeal to me.  (Poop jokes, fart jokes, etc...)

The 80's cartoon on the other hand was just perfect... the show was very closely managed by the creator's family so it stayed true to the franchise, it had fantastic music, and it had a lot of really fun plots you wouldn't expect from a cartoon... I mean they even did an episode explaining the Berlin Wall in a way kids would understand... you don't see cartoons trying to find a kid friendly way to explain Middle East conflicts today... it was just a really fantastic franchise. <3

Diamond Dogs... or Diamond Dolls?

All the chipmunks questions <3  Diamond Dolls :P  The diamond dogs were meh for an MLP antagonist compared to most of the others we have seen.  And those dolls were adorable <3 

• Brohoof 2

Why am I your BEST FRIEND?

Because I quit talking to all my other best friends and you were left over....

• Brohoof 2

The 80's cartoon on the other hand was just perfect... the show was very closely managed by the creator's family so it stayed true to the franchise, it had fantastic music, and it had a lot of really fun plots you wouldn't expect from a cartoon... I mean they even did an episode explaining the Berlin Wall in a way kids would understand... you don't see cartoons trying to find a kid friendly way to explain Middle East conflicts today... it was just a really fantastic franchise. <3

Three words is all I need to say about the 80's series -- 'Cookie Chomper III'

Linux, Windows, or Mac OS?

• Brohoof 2

Three words is all I need to say about the 80's series -- 'Cookie Chomper III'
 And, friend list...

I used to write tragedy fanfics in that fandom, so I'd watch that episode just to get in the mood XD  So freaking heartbreaking...

Linux, Windows, or Mac OS?

Windows for the most part.  I do like Mac's as well, but they're just too overpriced new.  I did buy a used Macbook Pro just to play around with the OS and it died a week later T_T  As for Linux, I've never really used it much.  The builds I've tried out were alright and I could use them fine, but the inconveniences of Linux compatibility just don't make it worth while for me when I already have Windows on my computer.

• Brohoof 1

If you had to put the Chipmunks and Chipettes with the Mane Six, who would go with who?
T_T  Ummmmmmm.

Simon - Twilight

Jeanette - Fluttershy

Alvin - Rainbow

Brittany - Rarity

Theodore - AJ?  IDK AJ doesn't really fit with any of them well... she can get him an unlimited supply of apples though so that's good...

Eleanor - Pinkie

• Brohoof 1

Favorite Chipmunks movie? :squee:

As an aside, I loved the Chipmunks as a kid and like you the 80's version was my favorite and most fondly remembered (being an 80s/90s kid and all...). The theme song is absolutely awesome and is just so perfectly EIGHTIES right down to the little guitar riffs. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Favorite Chipmunks movie?
The chipmunks fans are coming out of the woodwork <3

Chipmunk Adventure... not even a competition <3

From the CGI movies though, Chipwrecked is probably my favorite of the three.

• Brohoof 2

The chipmunks fans are coming out of the woodwork <3

Chipmunk Adventure... not even a competition <3

From the CGI movies though, Chipwrecked is probably my favorite of the three.

I was hoping you would say that.... Chipmunks Adventure EASY. Now I have "Diamond Dolls" stuck in my head. :P

I haven't watched Chipwrecked or... any of the live-action/CGI movies. Would you recommend them? I mean, I want to remember the Chipmunks fondly, of course.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I used to write tragedy fanfics in that fandom, so I'd watch that episode just to get in the mood XD So freaking heartbreaking...

Well not to derail the thread, that episode is kinda a seminal moment in my cartoon watching past and future. At that time I was growing out of cartoons. I was only half watching while my kid sister was watching it ... and the last act happened. It was like getting a adrenaline shot in the heart and my interest in animation was given a new life.

Sorry no question

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Now I have "Diamond Dolls" stuck in my head. I haven't watched Chipwrecked or... any of the live-action/CGI movies. Would you recommend them? I mean, I want to remember the Chipmunks fondly, of course.

Eh... they're okay, but they're so incredibly different from the 80's chipmunks that they bother a lot of people.  For people in the fandom I'd always say to at least give them a shot, but for someone that it's more of just something they loved back in the day, I'd probably just stay away from them since they really aren't anything like the original series.

Well not to derail the thread, that episode is kinda a seminal moment in my cartoon watching past and future. At that time I was growing out of cartoons. I was only half watching while my kid sister was watching it ... and the last act happened. It was like getting a adrenaline shot in the heart and my interest in animation was given a new life.

I know the feeling <3  That episode was so ingeniously made it really gives you a new respect for the kind of things that can be done with animation.  Makes you realize cartoons don't always have to be piles of jokes and happiness, they can pull out all sorts of emotions and really tell powerful kid-friendly stories.  Cookie Chomper III and The Wall are by far my two favorite episodes for that exact reason... 

Edited by Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Oh cool. I was at that one thread about what people thought was Bullcrap, and I gotta say that was hilarious on what you did! Couldn't stop laughing for a good three minutes! Anyway, who's your favorite pony?

Could I bribe you to stop posting in The Forum's Hardest Game?

Oh please, what fun would that game be if you had nobody to reset you? :P (But I totally would take bribes to not interrupt your counting... I don't take checks though)
  • Brohoof 1

In need of help, i am new to the forum thing trying my best to get use to it as well. Mind i ask how to use the blog option, i did look in the forum option and clicked on blog it was blank for me. I have no clue if im doing it right or not ^^". thx for mentioning me of what i did wrong btw~.  :derp:

Would you go through a portal to Equestria, knowing you could never return( and why), and what am I thinking of right now?
Yes cause Fluttershy <3  And you are thinking of my answer because you are reading this and reading requires thinking.

In need of help, i am new to the forum thing trying my best to get use to it as well. Mind i ask how to use the blog option, i did look in the forum option and clicked on blog it was blank for me. I have no clue if im doing it right or not ^^". thx for mentioning me of what i did wrong btw~. 
First you have to create the blog itself.  You're going to be able to do that here. Then open the blog you just created and you can add new entries to the blog and type what you want.  

Hopefully that helps you... I'm actually one of the only staffers that doesn't really use the blog feature so I'm a bit out of my element here :P  If you're still having issues feel free to post a Q&A thread here so someone more knowledgeable about the subject can assist you.

• Brohoof 1