Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you eat with chopsticks?

Legacy Dash

154 users have voted

1. 1. Can you eat with chopsticks?

• Eeyup.
    • Sort of, I sometimes send meat flying across the table...
    • Nope.

Yep, and I do whenever I can! It's more fun than simply jabbing food with a fork. Makes my meals feel more adventurous. Slows down my eating too, which is a factor in proper digestion of your food.

but even eating something such as rice can be a bit of trouble without cheating a little!

They typically tilt the bowl up and shovel it into their faces. xD ;)

I have a nice steel pair of chopsticks (my favourite) and 5 other fancy ones that have cases (all were gifts, except the steel ones).

I got some steel chopsticks but I don't care for them. Harder to grip food with them, regardless of what it is. All I use those chopsticks for these days is stirring stuff. :huh:

Using chopsticks for food is quite fun. They are perfect for Asian food of course. I would really want to get my own pair of great quality chopsticks so that I can properly each chinese food prepared at home (especially noodles) with chopsticks. :)

I spent most of seventh grade figuring out how to use chopsticks. Within a week of practice I was able to pick up everything with them, including ice if I was super careful! :D I even beat my dad in a chopstick contest, in which we both try to pick up pennies off a table. He beat the waiter, and I beat him! xD

I'm pretty good. Not perfect, but I know enough tips and tricks to look like I know what I'm doing. And hopefully, one day I'll get my own set of chopsticks. The kind that you wash and keep forever, like ceramics or something. The kind that come in fancy colors with prints on them.

I use to have a set like that when I was younger, and I really wish I had been smart enough to take better care of them. Long story short, don't let 10 year olds have just any little thing they want. Especially when they're so easily distracted and care only about playing with toys...

Nope. I tried to once at a Mongolian Restaurant, and I couldn't. So, I of course just used a fork. I kind of wish I knew how to use them though, because I feel like an idiot trying to eat noodles with a fork at Asian restaurants.  :derp:

Edited by Mikami

No way in hell. I don't go to enough Chinese restaurants to bother practicing and I never use it at home, and whenever I try I usually make a fool of myself so I just stay away.