Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you eat with chopsticks?

Legacy Dash

154 users have voted

1. 1. Can you eat with chopsticks?

• Eeyup.
    • Sort of, I sometimes send meat flying across the table...
    • Nope.

Depends what you mean by eat with them... If you mean the normal way.... NOPE!

how-to-use-chopsticks_16001198_800801371

If STABBING your food with one of the sticks, counts,.. YES

frenchfrybacononstick.jpg

Whenever I'm eating at an Asian restaurant, I will always use chopsticks. I have no problem with them, maybe it's because I'm Asian myself which makes me naturally more skilled /s.

Of course I normally find it easier to use western utensils, but it's more fun and challenging to eat with chopsticks. The fact that they're harder to use means that I eat more slowly and get to enjoy the meal more.

• 3 weeks later...

I can do it, more or less. My technique looks nothing like how it should be, and I often have to manually adjust the sticks with my off hand, but I don't have to request a fork or something whenever we eat sushi or something. (Not that I eat sushi, I order tonkatsu)

• 3 years later...

Nope. :laugh: I'm too American. I only know how to eat with a spoon or fork....or my hands. I tried chopsticks before and I ended up losing my temper....so yeah, no. :lostit:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I finally figured out how to use them; all I had to do was ignore all the instruction I've received over the years. I finally just picked them up and did what felt natural and it worked. They wouldn't be my go-to method of downing my victuals but they can be fun for the novelty of it.