Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What accomplishment are you proud of?

SolidTwilight

(edited)

So on Sunday, after 6 mouths of very long training days I completed an IRONMAN triathlon in Lake Placid NY USA. For every one that dos not know what that is. it is a race with a 17 hour time limit. you need to complete 3 things in that time. a 2.4 mile (3.9k) swim, 112 mile (180.2k)bike ride, and 26.2 mile (42.2k) run. It was very hard but I think the training was the hardest part. I was doing 8 hour bike rides every weekend for weeks. I ran out of songs to listen to and places to ride to. doing a 1 hour non stop swim set gets boring with no music, and running just sucks. going for 2 or 3 hour runs makes my feet hurt for days. but despite all that I did have a lot of fun doing most of it and it felt great to finish! one thing that happen during my training is I got to the point that I just gave up on thinking about stopping a ride or swim or run early. it got to the point that I could just do anyone until my arms or lags would stop working. its one of the things that happens to guys in special forces training. they stop listen to there body telling them that it wants them to stop.
The race went well for me. It rained really hard for the fist 20 miles of the bike and I wend down a mountain at about 30-40MPH in the rain (it was like the 3ed scariest thing I have ever done on a bike). on the 2nd lap I got up to 47mph on that hill in the dry. there was ever 6000 feet (1829m) of climbing. it is two 56 mile lops and when I stared the 2nd one I did not think I was going to finsh, but I just kept going and 4 hours later I was starting the run. I had a bad stomach cramp so I did not run more then a mile or two for the fist 3 hours, after that I had really bad blisters on my feet from power walking for so long so I walk most of the rest of it for over 3 more very painful hours and I finished in 16 hours and 50 minutes.
So anyone else every finish anything like this that they were really proud of?

post-27007-0-55739700-1406741085_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-79846500-1406740730_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-16457700-1406740751_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-50238000-1406740784_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-42009500-1406740807_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-46235400-1406740816_thumb.jpg

post-27007-0-25595900-1406741335_thumb.jpg

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 8

Nice!! i couldnt do that...but i did do a tough mudder this year....holy crud was that painful/fun

(the wires were electrified at certain points so it hurt like hell)

I want to do a tough mudder or a spartan race of some kind. I did not want to one before my ironman because I did not want to get hurt but now I am free so to speak.

I want to do a tough mudder or a spartan race of some kind. I did not want to one before my ironman because I did not want to get hurt but now I am free so to speak.

i can say any tough mudder is A LOT harder than any ironman...only due to the amount of obstacles...but the people in the race are so helpful, friendly and encouraging, that theres no way you will get stuck...they had a warped wall i couldnt get up and three people helped me up it. its soo fun tho

i can say any tough mudder is A LOT harder than any ironman...only due to the amount of obstacles...but the people in the race are so helpful, friendly and encouraging, that theres no way you will get stuck...they had a warped wall i couldnt get up and three people helped me up it. its soo fun tho

I have not done a T.M. and you have not done an I.M. so I don't think ether of us are qualified to make a statement like that. I did find some one on another board that did do both and they had this to say about it.

"I did Tough Mudder Tri-State this year. Its a different type of challenge. You have to mentally and physically strong to complete the course, but NOWHERE as mentally and physically demanding as ironman.

They are two completely different events with different motives.

TM is about working together as a team and helping other overcome obstacles and fears.

IM is really a test of the individual, physically and mentally. More like a personal journey/test of how deep/far you can go

Froze my @$$ off, got covered in mud and lost my voice from screaming at my crew. Its an awesome experience, and certainly tough both physically or mentally.

IMHO, it doesn't really deserve to be call the toughest 1 day event on the planet, however they do throw in "Probably" in the motto.

Still an awesome and bad-@$$ event well worth every bit of suferring and dirty laundry. " dajeeman357

I have not done a T.M. and you have not done an I.M. so I don't think ether of us are qualified to make a statement like that. I did find some one on another board that did do both and they had this to say about it.

"I did Tough Mudder Tri-State this year. Its a different type of challenge. You have to mentally and physically strong to complete the course, but NOWHERE as mentally and physically demanding as ironman.

They are two completely different events with different motives.

TM is about working together as a team and helping other overcome obstacles and fears.

IM is really a test of the individual, physically and mentally. More like a personal journey/test of how deep/far you can go

Froze my @$$ off, got covered in mud and lost my voice from screaming at my crew. Its an awesome experience, and certainly tough both physically or mentally.

IMHO, it doesn't really deserve to be call the toughest 1 day event on the planet, however they do throw in "Probably" in the motto.

Still an awesome and bad-@$$ event well worth every bit of suferring and dirty laundry. " dajeeman357

oh for sure haha i agree haha although the 24 hour tough mudder they have where you run basically 5 mile laps is pretty physically and mentally draining :P i might do an iron man this year and the mudder just for the hell of it :P

It's probably not much, but it means so much to me on a personal level. My cheer coach said that I'm the strongest flyer on the team. it made me so happy because last year, I was a terrible flyer and I always frustrated my coaches. but no more! :squee: 

my greatest accomplishment in life so far was in 2013 where I founded the Ponygames Guild may not have the best quality but I make up in my commentary it was originally just going to be me and two other guys but as my channel progressed more people wanted do videos with me so now there are 9 Ponygamers (pretty much people like me) who have there own channels we have a DJ who edits are videos and remixes any song we want to avoid 3rd party we have three artists one being a Ponygamer I'm also partnered with two other channels who are going down the path to become a YouTube celebrity and looking back where I started hesitantly uploading my first video has brought me all the way here its a decent start but I have a good feeling about this

but here are some great accomplishments for this year

1) my one year anniversary of being a YouTuber

2) reached my goal and got to 100 subs

3) I finished editing my fan fic that took me over a year to come up with (June of 2013 to July of 2014)

4) I entered a Mario Kart 8 Tournament at the mall made it to the finals and I lost those kids really did not screw around oh also while I was there I answered the hardest question only a true Mario fan could answer (Whats Mario's last name)

(edited)

^ I get that all the time :P

Here's a good list:

1. I have competed in a State level academic meet. (last year)

2. I was a part of the band that won State Champs for Marching. (last year)

3. Two years before that, I was part of a band that got 2nd place in State for Marching. (2011)

4. I have been in the Association of Texas Small School bands twice. Once in eighth grade, almost in ninth, once in tenth grade (2011, 2012 and last year).

I have had a lot of failures, however.

1. My YouTube channel is a significant failure I'm learning from. My mic and video quality SUCKS. Don't use Paint guys.

2. Many failed Tabletop game projects. I am stumbling on one that may succeed though.

3. (Not much of one) I got last at the State level academic meet last year. First outscored me with about 6 times my score. It was humiliating. However, I'm 18th in 1A Texas. Not bad.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

Held the Urban Chaos Mercenaries Mode World Record (Resident Evil 6) for several months on Xbox... yeah, totally a gamer here xD

Said to be the best Chris Player on XBox on Resident Evil 5.

Ranking 1st on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (My Chemical Romance - Bulletproof Heart, Guitar), once was first on Bat Country Bass on Xbox.

Yeah... people will now officially know that I'm a diehard player on certain games xD Most people probably won't even understand some of these accomplishments. Anyway I don't have talent, this is the only thing I could be proud of as a gamer.

Umm..I graduated top of my subject as an undergrad and won a prize for it. That's it so far I guess.

Well...nothing too fancy like some of this stuff, but I did 44 hours of community service from thanksgiving up until February when I had jaw surgery, painting a mural on ft. Lewis in Washington. I was supposed to get some medal...but...I never did -_- gotta call my old high school sometime and find out what happened to it.

I'd have to say two things, one meaning just as more as the first.

The first one would be to...survive the massive family losses, my father in particular. I guess I'm sentimental cause the annivarsy of his death comes up on the 9th of August. But his loss took such a heavy toll on my family, many resorted to drinking, or drugs or...some form to escape the saddness. But I faced it head on a pet on as much as a brave face as I could. And inspite those that took dark roads to deal with the pain, I kept to what was right for myself...and though I moarned, I didn't falter to heavy duty sins I guess.

Secondly... I graduated... something my father wanted me to achieve. I was the first of his children to do so, and I remember some of the last words he said to me last i saw him...was that "No matter what...I love you...and I'm so proud of you." and I'm happy to know that I accomplished not only my dream of graduating, but as well as his hopes for me too.

• Brohoof 1

OK, I got some:

1-Completing my GED. Hell, I didn't even intended to get it in the first place in my visit

2-My English. Yeah, I'm not native speaker, and that language is serious business to me.

3-Losing over 14 kg in less than a year. In the way, I got some muscle, I can do bars, over 10 push ups, backflip with exercise  rings. It might not be a big deal to guys who work out often, but for me, it's a big deal, since I was fat my whole life, BUT NO MOAR  :yay:

4-Passing calculus 1 in my first try

For me, running the Brighton marathon last year and the London marathon this year, cutting 45 mins off this time around..

I've applied for next year now too and I don't regret it.

Oh, also proud of the fact that I've managed to raise over a thousand pounds for my past marathons in memory of my cousin..

• Brohoof 1

For me, running the Brighton marathon last year and the London marathon this year, cutting 45 mins off this time around..

I've applied for next year now too and I don't regret it.

Oh, also proud of the fact that I've managed to raise over a thousand pounds for my past marathons in memory of my cousin..

This is really great dude :)