Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why You Love My Little Pony

That Special Brony

It's a cartoon filled with gorgeous animation, a simple yet pleasant art-style, great and well-developed characters, some decent world building, great voice acting and music, some pretty good stories and great morals, and an overall happy, optimistic atmosphere. What isn't there to love?

• Brohoof 7

It's really because of the community. Yes, the show is very excellent, with well-written and enjoyable characters, great storylines and well-animated... uh.... animation? But the community, being one of the most supportive, accepting and enjoyable fandoms that exist, really cement my stay. :)

• Brohoof 2

Whoah, forget a can that's an oil drum of worms for me!  :wub:  :lol:

I'll spare everypony of going into exhaustive detail, but I will say that I'm not really doing my feelings justice by this brief description.

The show itself: Brilliantly written, lovable characters, believable fantasy setting.

The Fandom: Supportive, creative, welcoming, a beacon of light in a cynical youth.

Personal: This show and fandom changed my life when I needed it. No I wasn't suicidal, but I did not know what I really needed in my life. You all shared it's magic with me.

• Brohoof 1

I love My Little Pony because of because each time I lay my eyes upon Derpy, I'm reminded that we only get this one life, and that we should try our very best to cherish it and make the best of it regardless of the circumstances that we may find ourselves in.

I love my little pony because of the wonderfully innocent nature of these pony beings.

I love my little pony, because the Equestrian society is an example of something intangible and pure that we as a species will never be able to achieve.

And finally, I love my little pony because after years upon years of searching, I have finally found someone to love and care for again, even when I myself thought that I had all but exhausted my capacity to love.

XFqLzpn.jpg

• Brohoof 1

It's The perfect escape from real life for me. It's a fun, friendly, adventures, and innocent world with amazing and beautiful animation. It's filled with amazing three dimensional characters that no matter what you do you just can'y help but fall in love with them. And above all else, it just makes me happy, the show, the merchandise, even the memes, It's just a wonderful happy and innocent escape from the brutality of real life. 

• Brohoof 2

It's a cartoon filled with gorgeous animation, a simple yet pleasant art-style, great and well-developed characters, some decent world building, great voice acting and music, some pretty good stories and great morals, and an overall happy, optimistic atmosphere. What isn't there to love?

I agree. This show is a glimmering beacon of hope, and happiness.

• Brohoof 1

I've always seen watching the show as escaping from reality.

By that, I mean the world is full of such stressful things and worries that only ruin my (or anyone else's) days. When I'm watching My Little Pony, I actually feel like I'm there, without a care in the world.

The characters are beyond relative, and that's something I still can't get over. They have real personalities, not ones that are so obviously dry and lacking any real character development.

The music in this series is some of the best and most joy-giving I think I've ever listened to. On my worst days, I can always play a song that Twily sings and instantly feel a smile form on my face.

Just a brief summary, I suppose. ^^;

• Brohoof 3

I've always seen watching the show as escaping from reality.

By that, I mean the world is full of such stressful things and worries that only ruin my (or anyone else's) days. When I'm watching My Little Pony, I actually feel like I'm there, without a care in the world.

The characters are beyond relative, and that's something I still can't get over. They have real personalities, not ones that are so obviously dry and lacking any real character development.

The music in this series is some of the best and most joy-giving I think I've ever listened to. On my worst days, I can always play a song that Twily sings and instantly feel a smile form on my face.

Just a brief summary, I suppose. ^^;

Nailed it! I agree completely! 

• Brohoof 1

For a simple show, It stands out with other shows, The characters are very amazing plus the consistency of the story really out stands me and it broke the wall that a girls show should and only be a girls show. I love it because we can relate to the characters and the changes they go through, I love the show because how well thought it is and how dedicated to crew to it. I love the show because it helped me change for the better :)

Myself, I like it primarily for the subtle, clever humor. The sort of gags you have to look at the background to find, or listen closely, or think about implications of what they say. The awesome fanbase, good songs, cute ponies and smooooooth animation are just sweet bonuses sweeter than most shows' primary draw.

I still find it hard that I came to like this show. I thought I would have been the last one to like it when I found out about the whole thing...

I came to like it because it simply reminded me of the old cartoons I used to watch and its a good show at that. Don't get me bogged down with the fandom the show itself is where it is at. People do take this show way too seriously for its own good though.