Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why You Love My Little Pony

That Special Brony

Because of its perfect storm combination. It doesn't really do one thing ultra amazing, but it is the perfect combination of an amazing design, a great fantasy world, workable and lovable characters, believable story situations in their slice of life episodes, and yet the show still manages (albeit a little awkwardly at times) to mix in just the right amount of adventure and growth to make it all worth while and fresh. FiM is really the perfect storm when it comes to cartoon entertainment, well done characters, and interesting setting, and a good mix of slice of life and adventure.

The biggest reason why I think MLP: FiM is a good show is because of the characters. Each of the Mane 6 have their unique backstories, lifelong goals, realistic strengths/flaws and the fact that none of them are one-dimensional, stereotypical characters. These four things make them both relatable and real characters, which is something that is unfortunately not seen in other children's cartoons these days.

Other reasons why I like this show is for the fluid animation, the cute humour, the bright fantasy world and adorable character design. I also think that it's usually good at making itself look like a quality show instead of a 20 minute toy advertisement. c:

And the fanbase. The brony community is the best group of fans I've encountered. Yeah, the fanbase has its flaws, but so does every other one. Bronies are some of the most welcoming, creative and enjoyable people to be around with. It makes me happy to be apart of this community, considering that before then I've been in some pretty nasty fanbases.

Edited by Mienshao

It's strange, really. I didn't like it as much when i first encountered it and the fandom. A friend sent me over a crossover fanfic which i really liked because i love the Fallout series of video games. It convinced to give the show a chance, and at first i had neutral reactions to it. But i really started to like it over the second season.

Maybe for some people, it takes a bit of an acquired taste, you know?

Oh, and what i found nice was the amazing animation quality, voice acting, and effort put into establishing a background. It's the little things that make it good, you know?

Edited by Terminus

I like My Little Pony because i think that its a well written show that can be very funny. The animation is very well done, especially for a show thats supposedly aimed for five year olds. The songs are really good and very catchy and the characters are really well done

and the plot

I had seen the show when I was little. I watched the G2 and G3 shows a lot.

It got me into the newest version, G4.

I love My Little Pony because it's just a show that makes me really happy! It makes me laugh! And it's always so interesting to watch.

The character development and the animation style is also amazing.

The Brony community is one of the best parts about it. So many creative people.

The music in the show is also really awesome. And the characters (background and main) you can fall in love with instantly. It's just really cool.  :yay: 

Edited by PrincessWubsy~
  • Brohoof 1

It's a whole package deal for me. The show proper + community + the fan content. Let me also approach this from a slightly different angle

Saturday Sept, 14th 1985 8:00 am (Jeric age 8)

I wake up filled with excitement about spending the weekend with my friends. I very quietly sneak downstairs to the kitchen careful not to wake anyone up. I pour a bowl of cereal with milk and walk out to the family room. I am apprehensive about spilling anything on the carpet, but I soon don't care about such mundane nonsense. I turn the TV on and the knob is flipped to channel 2, carfully turn the sound down, and sit directly in front of the screen. I hear my mother's voice in my head about needing glasses. I tell the voice go back to bed ... you're grumpy. As the TV warms up and the picture comes on I watch the last little bit of a Smurfs ripoff called Snorks. Then, eating my bowl of Cap'n Crunch Crunchberries I hear the tell tale catchy tune about magical bears that bounce hear and there and everywhere. I smile as a 3-4 hour weekly ritual as begun. I sit back and think,

'Gummi Bears, Cap'n Crunch, no school, and later the creek with Mike and Josh. It's great to be a kid. Life can't get any better!'

Saturday April 26, 2014 10:00 am (Jeric age 37)

I'm sit down on the sofa in the living room. I've been awake, watered and fed for a bit, but have some snacks and coffee at the ready. Thoughts of work, my kid's exams, and a possible water heater issue are all swirling around my cranium monopolizing the morning. I drop a chip on the carpet and the dog quickly takes care of it. I smile. I hit the button on the remote and check to make sure a show is set to record. It is. I hit 'Select' and I am greeted to an ad about another show coming on later. I am joined by my two daughters, who have this smug look on their face. I half sign half smile. I also have my phone out and am browsing a forum I just joined that seems ... different .. than most. I shrug. Just then the show begins. I am finally caught up. Almost 4 seasons of episode watched in quick succession. I lay back and without shame I smile. I look at both my teens and they are ignoring me at this point, one humming along with the theme song that just started. I turn my attention back to this show and it is then I hear a voice, an old friend I once though dead and buried under years of life and cynism.

He says, "Ponies, snacks, soda, coffee, no work, and later downtown with the family. Isn't it great to be you. Life can't get any better."

As the show unfolds, my first live one I've seen, I nod and say almost inaudibly, "It sure is. I missed you kid"

That is why I love this show.

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow dash :wub:

*cough*

I mean, erm, great stories ,believable characters and friendship.

It makes me smile after a long day :)

And, of course, the community :)

You guys are great :P

Edited by joecal97

I like it for a lot of different reasons, the most prominent one being the characterization. Unlike a lot of other shows for kids, the characters have personalities that are complex and really interesting to analyze. They're so real it sometimes feels like they're actual humans on Earth, rather than four-legged animals in an imaginary world. I find myself sometimes wishing they were real because I've become so attached to them. And as many others posters have said, the show simply makes me happy and brings a smile to my face on those really bad days.

Edited by Maud Shakespeare

It's just a cute show that is fun to watch at the end of a hard day of whatever, the fandom in itself is awesome, meant a lot of amazing people through it and to be blunt it's just something fun in general! :lol:

One of the main reasons I like the show, is because I've always like the idea of something bad remade into something good.

Other than that, I think the show has good humour (as of late), the creators of the show clearly put what they had to work with to good use, and made an interesting world with identifiable characters. I also like the format they use for the show's story. It works, because they can make a bunch of self-contained episodes, while at the same time, have a progressing story. It's also one of very few little girl's shows that doesn't insult it's audience's intelligence.

Unlike, *sigh* that other show!

That being said, as much as I like this show, It's not perfect. It's no Avatar: The Last Airbender, like some people make it out to be. It has the occasional cringe-worthy moment, (which are now less frequent, thank god,) and the show didn't give me the best first impression. Especially with the intro.

Edited by SpaceOnion

I like it for a lot of reasons (community, animation, references, voice acting, writing, ect.) 

But the most prominent reason is the characters. The mane 6, CMC, Princesses, and ALOT more are literally some of the best characters i've seen in all media in general  :D

Well, for me, it's just a good show in general. I mean yeah, it's not perfect, but no show it.

1. The characters are interesting and they've grown in depth quite a bit as the show has progressed.

2. The stories and overall plots are generally interesting to watch, and some are downright thought-provoking.

3. The music is awesome; and this is both the sung music and the background score.

4. The lore & mythos of the world is big and expansive with plenty of room to grow.

5. It's just an overall charming and enjoyable show.

It has great animation, stories, characters, it's fun and funny, it's got feels, and the community (well, most of it) is amazing.

Well outside of the reasons everypony else has already listed this show proved something to me, you see before I started watching this show I believed that anything light toned was stupid. I believed that everything with a light tone was dumb and for no one but toddlers, then one night I decided to watch my little pony friendship is magic and within a few months that thought process disappeared, and as of today I realize that not everything has to be Batman to be good. I'm also now a lot more open minded about entertainment in general, as of now every time I see a movie I have doubts about I just remind myself hey if a show about colourful ponies can be good then surely this could be.

I love My Little Pony because of because each time I lay my eyes upon Derpy, I'm reminded that we only get this one life, and that we should try our very best to cherish it and make the best of it regardless of the circumstances that we may find ourselves in.

I love my little pony because of the wonderfully innocent nature of these pony beings.

I love my little pony, because the Equestrian society is an example of something intangible and pure that we as a species will never be able to achieve.

And finally, I love my little pony because after years upon years of searching, I have finally found someone to love and care for again, even when I myself thought that I had all but exhausted my capacity to love.img-2916147-1-XFqLzpn.jpg

we can always strive to be better and we are a small part of this change as a brony community. We may stumble and fall but like derpy we must always get back up. No matter how hard we must rise to the challenge and this is how I see it. Equestria is a heaven we can work towards minus talking ponies and so on. Lauren faust achieved a break in the social norm creating bronies lets not end it there.