Banner by ~ Zero

If Equestria girls was aired as a (side show) would some bronies quit?

Everleaf

Pretty much as the title says if Equestria girls was aired as a (side show) would some bronies leave?

when I say (some) bronies I mean many I'm just wondering if just it being a spin-off /side show around it would get to some bronies what do you guys think? would many bronies leave or not?

Edited by Everleaf

Probably. Not like that would be that big of a deal. If a spin-off that has no effect on the main show is enough to make them want to leave then they weren't really that big a fan of the show in the first place. The more reasonable bronies would give the show a chance and see what it's like. If they didn't like it they'd simply just stick to FIM.

• Brohoof 2

Probably. Not like that would be that big of a deal. If a spin-off that has no effect on the main show is enough to make them want to leave then they weren't really that big a fan of the show in the first place. The more reasonable bronies would give the show a chance and see what it's like. If they didn't like it they'd simply just stick to FIM.

Yeah true but I was thinking for example some bronies thought the movie itself ruined mlp so a spin-off? myself I don't know how some would react...

Well, http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/equestria-girls-equestria-academy.html

It is already going to become a thing. Will I be quitting the fandom? No. But will I be purchasing the merchandise for this spin off and support it via my wallet? No.

Really, as along as they keep the spin off to it's own separate thing (ie not have crossover episodes every other week) then most bronies would either not care, and thus not watch it. Or they would eat it all up and ask Hasbro for more.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah true but I was thinking for example some bronies thought the movie itself ruined mlp so a spin-off? myself I don't know how some would react...

It's true that a minority would probably leave the fandom for that. But that's just a minority, nothing to really worry about. If it only takes a semi-canon spin-off to get them to leave then they weren't all that invested in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

It's true that a minority would probably leave the fandom for that. But that's just a minority, nothing to really worry about. If it only takes a semi-canon spin-off to get them to leave then they weren't all that invested in the first place.

Yeah true very very true my friend,.

Personally, I wouldn't. FiM  is TOO GOOD.

Some would. Equestria girls seemed to me like a hasbro's attempt at catching the older teenage girls, but fell flat. If that became the face of MLP... I might even leave.

FiM is something completely different, and unique. Adding teenage problems would only be Hasbro shooting itself in the foot. So to speak.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly if it deverts energy from the original show it worries me about MLP's overall future. The more you squeeze out of an orange the less that's left over. If Hasbro aims for 10 years worth of MLP:FIM but the voice actresses leave earlier or if the creative team feels too overtaxed that's a problem. The biggest problem there is no brony demand for an EQGirls series. What was a completely unneeded one-shot may now turn into an unneeded full length series and i don't see that as a good thing tbh. The voice actors do other series (Littlest Pet Shop, Strawberry Shorcake, Barbie, etc) that have zero interest to me and magic in them . EQ Girls is barely an MLP franchise in how its composed. I don't wanna see our ponies as skinny teens stuck in a High School or College situation. That's not why i watch the show in the first place. This is just a move for a tween audience, ripping off Monster High, a corporate cash grab, and i hate that.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't quit the fandom. It doesn't matter what they do now, they've already created an amazing enough show that I will always consider myself a member of this fandom at least in regards to FiM up to the point where they start going downhill, IF they ever do. If FiM goes downhill because of them diverting energy and time to a side-show, that would suck, but I don't have to keep watching. I can always re-watch old episodes and consider myself a "brony" in regards to those episodes.

If there's an EQG side-show, I'll probably watch it, but it could never hold the same appeal to me as MLP:FiM. Never. But I wouldn't go so far as to quit being a brony. 

• Brohoof 1

I would give it a try, but I think they should at least try pre-releasing short episode that they had on their mind to the fans so they get a taste of it before jumping into conclusion of making a big effort for it. 

Pretty much what BP said.

Well, some left after EQG was announced, so I think the answer is a resounding yes. Kind of a dumb reason to leave, but whatever.

Yeah it was the line I was thinking bronies already left from just EG itself being released and a side-series would not really go down well...

But there actually is gonna be a EQG side show; it's going to be called Equestria Girls Academy (what an original name).

And as  said, it would be a stupid reason to quit watching FiM.

It's a rumor as far as I heard however I am not 100% sure it's true however it is likely....

Lol No. Everyone would treat it as a side show and therefore just ignore it, maybe if they replaced the main yes. But if it was aired as a side show it would last one season due to lower ratings and end, and the brony universe moves on.